Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to access the list of names used by the game?

I want to be able to access every name that can be generated by the game, and remove and add names as I wish. Is that possible?
Never forgive, always forget.

Comments

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    There are mods to add new name lists to the game, but I don't think, there's one to let you add and remove names as you wish.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I use mods for names. That is, one mod for less CL/IL names. Since the game generate NPC's with those types of names 80% of the time. I'm sure there are several mods out there, but I use one from MTS (Simmytime LessCLILNames)
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited December 2022
    Honestly, I would love to have a straight answer to this as well. The name lists for this game in languages other than English tend to be absolutely abysmal, and I'd like to define the lists myself instead of desperately trying to find a mod that fits my needs. (which is very unlikely to exist btw)

I'd like to add more names to the randomizer! I get so many townies with the same five surnames and it's driving me mad.

The Sims 3's namelist was way better in my language, way more variety, so I'd love to import that into TS4 somehow.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr