Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Awesome job with the Batuu School build! Really wish they had allowed us to put schools in other towns. This would be perfect in Oasis Springs, where I plan to have a Star Wars town someday. Your build is amazing! My Star Wars experts (my grandsons) thinks so too!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited August 2022
    I was searching the Gallery for some good Batuu-builds and it was so much fun. Love that you can have a description like “Smuggler’s den complete with toddler-room”.

Have a Tray with nothing but Batuu-builds, have so much CC for making good townies. I will make a Tray with the new townies so that next time I start a new Batuu-save I can just place builds and townies and play.

Edit:

Making my townies now and I am having a great time.

e97709e7e375a8921ea79f49c57e5aac227e241d.png

54504f766c99e75f1c476bbff4955de74d649550.png

915666f67fd98cd384eca6dbc3385b690880bec6.png

Post edited by SilentKitty on
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    @maggiemae8135 I can only think of two things to say, wow and thank you. I'm happy it passed the expert test. I love Star Wars, but I am like the least knowledgeable fan.🤣

@SilentKitty I love your townies. I thought about going in and giving Batuu makeovers to everyone in Copperdale. I might still do it, but it's going to be a few days. I have other stories to tell first.😁
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @danirose
    @maggiemae8135 I can only think of two things to say, wow and thank you. I'm happy it passed the expert test. I love Star Wars, but I am like the least knowledgeable fan.🤣

@SilentKitty I love your townies. I thought about going in and giving Batuu makeovers to everyone in Copperdale. I might still do it, but it's going to be a few days. I have other stories to tell first.😁
    That sounds fun!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Your Batuu School is fantastic. I'm going to download it whenever I get the High School pack (I'm waiting for a sale). I love that you allowed for landspeeder and x/wing parking!

The Jedi statue out front is perfect!!

It is too bad we can't have a school in any world, that is a real weakness in that pack.
  • Options
    @Isharell Thank you very much for those kind words. It works out for you not having the pack just yet because I uploaded the version without the X-Wings. I meant to upload a version 2 yesterday that included them and forgot to because I got distracted. I will make it a point to fix that when I get home today. I don't think the landspeeders and X-Wings work outside of Batuu but they're still cool to have around.
  • Options
    @danirose

That sounds fun!

It's on the to do list. I have my story that I'm dying to get back to and do a couple of episodes. After that the Copperdalians are going to get out of this world makeovers, literally.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    79LWKV9.png
    BQ6guvL.png
    nPqrWqa.png
    8ZEISwA.png
    0TfcVKu.png
    rQXZkx5.png
    9yupSVd.png
    ETvF1FH.png
    My superhero sims are battling it out in the HQ.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The new version of Batuu High, with X-Wings and Tie Echelons is now in my Gallery! Enjoy!

I was completely floored when Liberty took off with that X-Wing! I had to exit and come back in so I didn't have to wait through a cool down before I could send her again and take pictures of it. I really thought nothing would happen.

Jss5Su8.png
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Now that we have round rooms, I really want to try and make the Jedi Temple on Tython from SWTOR. Maybe that'll be something for the future.

I need to get back to playing Batuu. I haven't touched the Sims for a while because I've had a costume project to submit for the Rebel Legion and 501st (yay, for dual legion costumes). Waiting on approvals now, so I can probably venture back into the Sims again, and Batuu.

But of course, gotta share:

wzav0NKl.jpg

Utinni!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Wow, the X-Wing fighter flying above the High School Football/Cheerleader field. Way, way cool. B)B)
  • Options
    RyublueRyublue Posts: 30 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Now that we have round rooms, I really want to try and make the Jedi Temple on Tython from SWTOR. Maybe that'll be something for the future.

I need to get back to playing Batuu. I haven't touched the Sims for a while because I've had a costume project to submit for the Rebel Legion and 501st (yay, for dual legion costumes). Waiting on approvals now, so I can probably venture back into the Sims again, and Batuu.

But of course, gotta share:

wzav0NKl.jpg

Utinni!

Soogah!

How awesome. :D
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Haha I love the Batuu school.

When I came back to the game after a long absence the first thing I did was make 2 sims for the honeymooner scenario and I sent them to Batuu. I actually had quite a lot of fun with it.

There are other things I want to do first but I’d quite happily go back there again.

I haven’t used it for building but I do think a lot of items are quite unique and fun.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    JtB question. I'm considering getting it should it ever be 50% off. Still not a fan of the pack, but I like the BB, and my nieces want me to get the pack for CAS. (They don't play, but they like to make sims and watch me play them. Most of them are blue.) I was wondering if you can have the little robots roam around outside of Batuu, and if you can have lightsaber battles outside of Batuu? Or is everything SW limited to the vacation world?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    @Gordy , droids do not follow in regular world, someone with better brains than me at this late, knows about light sabers, but this I do know.

these can be placed from debug, takes a bit space, and fly around (not to sixam).

Only takeout and landing is visible, but makes nice pictures :)

zhYfoFA.png
    b43FOCc.png
    8ii4gTZ.png
    qT6C7c7.png

9f3AKtG.png
    qHXkUMD.png
    5RyhV2d.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Once you buy light sabers, droids and other cute items from Batuu you can take them home with you as souvenirs. I believe the droids act like a radio outside of Batuu, but still cute. You can practice and duel with the light sabers outside of Batuu and earn fitness points.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    You get to use the traits outside of Batuu too. One of my sims was almost always in an inspired moodlet from talking about the force or something like that. And you can use the additional radio station from the cantina through the droid.

And put the lightsaber collection on the wall and things. It’s mostly souvenirs outside of Batuu though I agree. But it does have a small influence on your game after you come back. Two of the batuu people I made good friends with and had on social bunny still stayed in touch and came over to my house but your game isn’t invaded by aliens or anything.

I actually think it would be one of the more fun packs to play with young family members watching. Honestly the pack is fine if you just go in with the mindset you’re going to play around and try to have a good time for a little while in my opinion.
  • Options
    I like using some of the items in children's bedrooms, and their parents will buy souvenirs for the Christmas gifts. So cute when the children duel with their lightsabers! The droid in their room adds to the decor as well as letting them listen to music. My grandchildren are really into Star Wars, and I admit I enjoy it too, so I definitely needed it in my game! I hope to make a world in Oasis Springs for my aliens someday, when things slow down and I can actually spend more time playing. :)
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    JtB question. I'm considering getting it should it ever be 50% off. Still not a fan of the pack, but I like the BB, and my nieces want me to get the pack for CAS. (They don't play, but they like to make sims and watch me play them. Most of them are blue.) I was wondering if you can have the little robots roam around outside of Batuu, and if you can have lightsaber battles outside of Batuu? Or is everything SW limited to the vacation world?

The Droids, unfortunately, basically just function as decorative toys outside Batuu.

As for lightsabers, they DO work outside Batuu, but they are marked as collectibles, meaning the game won't recognize them if you switch to a different household. So if you're a rotational player, I HIGHLY recommend getting the "Lichtschwert Fix" mod from Sems own World. This removes the collectibles tag from lightsabers and thus allows you to have lightsaber duels between households.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »

The Droids, unfortunately, basically just function as decorative toys outside Batuu.

As for lightsabers, they DO work outside Batuu, but they are marked as collectibles, meaning the game won't recognize them if you switch to a different household. So if you're a rotational player, I HIGHLY recommend getting the "Lichtschwert Fix" mod from Sems own World. This removes the collectibles tag from lightsabers and thus allows you to have lightsaber duels between households.

That's great info! I need to check that mod out!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    @Cybersbe , I'll second Kerrigan , thank you :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Because I so love SIFI & Christmas, I build a Futuristic Christmas home with my now grown-up Candy Kringleclaus with her hubby. I used some SIFI objects from Get Famous, Discover University & Journey to Batuu for my Futuristic Christmas Home.
    They are all saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS. Also, they are vanilla only with my many Sims 4 packs. Please check them out if interested & let me know if you like them. ;)
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited December 2022
    At least two of my saves are affected by a bug that causes Batuu sims to spawn at arrest sites in the detective career (with the suspect not showing up at all). This is the result of rotating between households while the detective sim still has an active case.

For example this nice lady drew a (toy?) gun on my detective to cover the suspect getting away:

13.12.22_20-56-34slfve.png

Then another time...

15.12.22_23-31-26g8iiv.png

"Would it be asked too much for you LARPers to not block me from arresting the culprit for 5 *bleep* minutes?!"

Actually, yes, it is asked too much. I decided to weave the bug into my chronicle. The LARPers protect the suspect and will only let my detective get close to them, if he has proven to understand the scene.

And so he is training with his more geeky co-workers now:

13.12.22_20-48-05ebebg.png

This also implies that my city now has a Galaxy's Edge park close by, but I don't think my sims will complain.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I just tried to take an infant to batuu, but I can't. Infants go to day care and don't even arrive on batuu. It kind of makes sense because there isn't much to do for them there anyway.
    On the bright side: my infant could play with the ewok toy daddy brought home for her.
    pYzLfRQ.png
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I just tried to take an infant to batuu, but I can't. Infants go to day care and don't even arrive on batuu. It kind of makes sense because there isn't much to do for them there anyway.
    On the bright side: my infant could play with the ewok toy daddy brought home for her.
    pYzLfRQ.png

This ruins my plans to wear an infant on my back while I lightsaber duel in Batuu. This game is so unfair to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top