Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyday clutter kit, maybe the best?

The kits in the sims 4 are pretty bad, especially the modern men's clothing one, man that one is trash, pants with a built-in skirt on a man. I've bought a few kits earlier on when I first started with the sims 4, once I bought my first expansion and got all that clothing, hairstyles, build mode items and new world, not to mention the rest...kits became pretty undesirable. But I decided to buy the new clutter kit, because I like clutter, decorations, clothing and hairstyles. Well, the kit is decent. Some of the items are good, some are mediocre and a few you'll probably never use. But if you're going to buy one kit I would go with the clutter kit, and I think there is one that adds toddler clothing, it's been a while since I bought it, but that one might be worth a consider anyway. I think they need to come out with about 4 new kits, one offers nothing but new hairstyles for each sex and each stage of life, another that has nothing but clothing for each sex and stage of life, and some new roof patterns and staircases would be nice. I would actually buy these kits if they made them, unless they were poor designs, like bad hairstyles that were unrealistic or just looked bad. Well, that's all I got to say, just wanted to speak my mind about a couple things, peace.

Comments

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    The build kits are generally much more popular than the CAS kits and the gameplay kit bust a dust is sadly known to be broken and not all that great. Which is really sad because if they could get gameplay kits working well they’d be the best.

I bought clutter too in the end, I really like a lot of it, the mugs especially but also just things for the desk like notepads and sticky notes and keys. I could have done without some of the bigger things like the fishing ornament though.

For the build ones, I liked pastel pop, clutter and the indoor plants the best. I hear the little campers one is quite good but I don’t really play with child sims.

For clothing I’d say Incheon arrivals is the best by some way and probably the only one i would bother with personally. But I would recommend that one, it’s got some really nice stuff. Carnavale is interesting to me, but I don’t really use it much. I do think some people would though. The kids clothes seemed ok but again I don’t really make child sims.

Generally I think they’re making their clothing kits based around culture and lifestyle and I’d rather just have more nice everyday clothing for sims. While Incheon is based on Korea it’s still very fashionable. The menswear kit was just a huge waste when so many of us want better clothes for male sims and they made something that less than one percent of guys would ever wear.

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    The clutter kit is on my wishlist, it's really nice. A dedicated home office kit would probably have been an instant purchase.

I'm okay with the concept of recolors of existing gameplay objects, as long as those are meaningful. Little Campers is a good example, turning the activity table into a fire fighter car and adding that "outdoor" TV. If they kept that standard, I'd buy more kits. So far I own four (Dusting, Campers, Carnival, Oasis) and have maybe half of the rest marked down as "yeah, nice, maybe one day".

Still grumpy though that Bust the dust's issues (both bugs and design) killed the gameplay packs. I currently use five mods just to customize this one feature, but with them in it's actually fun for me.
  • Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    I'm not too familiar with how you guys will receive this comment as far as weather it will show up in yawl notifications or not, unless I @ you, I guess I'll learn eventually. But I agree with both of you, in my opinion the problem with the dust the bust or whatever it's called as well as the laundry day packs/kits is that my day is already packed full of stuff to do, such as garden, practice my guitar, take care of needs and slowly build up relationships and meet new sims. So, to take time out of my already busy schedule to do laundry or vacuum is a bit silly, no offence. Maybe If I currently had more than one sim it would be more appropriate..lol and yes that moderns' men's wear pack is absolute trash, why I bought it is beyond me. I own about 60 percent of the kits, and they just need a few more items per kit. They are very small and limited in what they offer plus the content offered is mediocre in many cases. good day.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I've never owned a kit but if I got any at all the clutter one seems like I'd get the most use out of it, maybe the kitchen one. I like the idea of the camp kit but it seems like you need plenty of space for that.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I love the Bust the Dust kit and the Laundry kits. Rather than have my Homemaker/Mom spend her time dragging the vacuum across the floors, however, she now had an automated one. It's cute running across the floor with its multi lights aglow and the buzzing noise it makes. As for the laundry the only thing that vexes me about it, it I have to direct the Sim to actually wash the clothes. And I have to make certain the Sim cleans the lint trap before drying the clothes.

As for some of these later kits I just shrug my shoulders. I may consider the clutter one (although in RL I detest clutter. I prefer a stream-line approach). Less is more style of decorating. But, some of the objects might be fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    It's not bad because it is a cute collection of items but shows how unnecessary Kits are if that's the best one.
  • Options
    @AlanSims Yea they are somewhat useless, they add very little items and also the quality of those items is lacking. However if they added a kit that say added 4 new hairstyles for women and 4 for men, I would consider buying it. If they looked descent enough.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal To each there own, If you enjoy those kits then more power to you. I really think they should just give us a kit about once every 2 months for free. There already making loads of money off of cats and dogs, and high school years to name just a few..
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I like the kits, up until last year when EA began this push for men in skirts, and ever since then I haven't bought another kit. It seems like the kits are getting more and more dumb (imho) so until they get some like Blooming Walls, my favorite kit, I'll be passing.

@GalacticGal, if you do mods, LittleMsSam has great laundry mods, one that the sim will automatically start the washer and dryer. I believe she also has the one that puts just a little dust in your sims' houses. My sims run the vac every 1-2 sim weeks...it's great!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    I've only seen one kit that had mens wear with skirts and that was the modern mens wear kit. IN what part of the world is that modern...IDK. But it was a waste of money. As most kits are.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited December 2022
    Outside of bugs, I don’t think any of the kits are “bad” in terms of quality. I only own kits that suit my story/ play style. I don’t have the Modern Man kit, because I simply do not like it, but I find that the items are well crafted.

I don’t have the latest kits either. Sure, they’re nice, but for now I’ll work with what I’ve got, which is plenty and I’m okay with that.
  • Options
    LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    I did not buy many of the kits. I think they are too expensive and I don't like most of the content (especially the woke stuff). I bought the clutter kit though. I could use more of that.
  • Options
    @Liebeslottchen Yes, I love clutter type items, and they should really release some kits that are just hairstyles
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Kits generally are really nice for console or people who don’t want to use custom content. I have most of them on PS5 and I do use kits a bit, although like everyone is saying some of them are just bad.

A hairstyle kit would be very good. Also a really nice themed clothing kit would be appreciated - I always try to dress my sims for the content they’re doing so I will make a jungle adventure outfit and snowy escape outfits etc.

A kit that had let’s say sailor outfits or masquerade ball or more party costumes or something would be great, but like I said they just seem to use the clothing ones for woke content.

I think a lot of simmers would buy a men’s clothing kit that was decent clothes that men actually wear. Like rollneck sweaters and nice polo shirts and things, not skirts. Doesn’t surprise me that the kit sold poorly, I only bought it because I thought it was actually standard menswear.
  • Options
    @JustinB113 Kits are ok, they just don't have much content and the content they do have is fairly poor. When you're going to buy something and, in the Microsoft, store scroll down near the bottom and you can read peoples comments about the kit, after they bought it. That can help you decide. You should of course be able to view the content items before you buy them. I think the kit Idea would be a lot better if the quality of content went up, even though you only get say 7 items, if the quality was high then I wouldn't mind paying 5 dollars for them.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited December 2022
    When I first heard about this kit I thought it is nothing for me and now it is the first kit I actually spent money on.

I like it so far. I don't use much clutter in my sims homes but a few touches to make a house feel more lived in are very useful. And if I filter by kits, it is easy to find as well. I especially like that so many items fit on small shelves. The ability to put a small functional radio on top of a shelf without MOO is what convinced me to get it. And the functional mirror which we can put on low dressers is awesome. It's these kind of things that offer possibilities we didn't have before that make a difference for me. I think the radio and the mirror will be my favorite items of this kit.

I still think kits are overpriced compared to stuff packs but the quality of what they offer is surprisingly good.
  • Options
    @Atreya33 Hello, might I suggest a warm coat or nice fire your sim seems a bit cold. jk.... yea, kits are lacking in amount of stuff, that's the biggest problem regarding the price point. And there is another kit that I bought that was actually ok, but I can't recall the name...I think there is a kit that adds some child or toddler stuff and or clothing; that one is not too bad, and there's one that adds build mode stuff that is not that bad. I can't recall the names of them. Ever since I bought my first full expansion, kits became much less appealing. The quality in my opinion is lacking. And yea the clutter kit quality is good though, I think they should make a kit that just adds hairstyles, a few for each sex and age group, and also one for just clothing. those two I might would buy.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I still think kits are overpriced compared to stuff packs but the quality of what they offer is surprisingly good.

I agree, talking about the older stuff packs here and not the more recent ones like paranormal, the quality of the stuff in the kits is actually much better I think. But there’s just less of it and no gameplay.

Kits always seem to have quite a few really good items while stuff packs often had just one or two.

• Options
    AlienTusks wrote: »
    @Atreya33 Hello, might I suggest a warm coat or nice fire your sim seems a bit cold. jk.... yea, kits are lacking in amount of stuff, that's the biggest problem regarding the price point. And there is another kit that I bought that was actually ok, but I can't recall the name...I think there is a kit that adds some child or toddler stuff and or clothing; that one is not too bad, and there's one that adds build mode stuff that is not that bad. I can't recall the names of them. Ever since I bought my first full expansion, kits became much less appealing. The quality in my opinion is lacking. And yea the clutter kit quality is good though, I think they should make a kit that just adds hairstyles, a few for each sex and age group, and also one for just clothing. those two I might would buy.

A hair styles kit would be very difficult to resist. I hope we can get one. But hopefully with hairs for all ages. It is weird that we haven't gotten a single hair style in a kit yet.

I can understand that kits become less appealing after buying an EP. Compared to EP, GP or even the later of the stuff pack, kits are very superficial.

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Originally I found kits to be a brilliant idea. Back then they sold it as a way for us to get exclusive game features that were created but ditched for another bigger pack. Or something they came up with but never went through with. The dust bunny kit provides game play. When the strategy changed and later kits only provide items/clothes, I totally lost interest. New game features (even if very small) would interest me, while more chairs and dresses do not.

I really wish they would return to the game play features for kits. Their drawers are possibly full of great ideas that did not get included with previous EPs and GPs.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Sadly, my TS4 collection won't ever be complete, because I refuse to get Bust the dust. I have enough housework in real life, thank you. Don't need it in a game. I can't think of anything more boring than watching my sims do housework. Dishes and floor mopping is bad enough. If BtD had ANYTHING else worthwhile, like other objects or CAS stuff, I might have cosidered buying it. I'm also not very interested in the Clutter pack, as I don't clutter up my houses.

My fav kits are Courtyard Oasis, Blooming rooms and Decor to the max. Also, Little campers is good. I'm obviously more interested in BB kits, gameplay and cas kits have been lacking for me. They'd have to provide more than dust bunnies and men in skirts (unless they're scottish! Kilts are cool) to make me want to buy anything.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I wish they would go back to Stuff Packs, honestly. The later SPs are pretty good.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Sadly, my TS4 collection won't ever be complete, because I refuse to get Bust the dust. I have enough housework in real life, thank you. Don't need it in a game. I can't think of anything more boring than watching my sims do housework. Dishes and floor mopping is bad enough. If BtD had ANYTHING else worthwhile, like other objects or CAS stuff, I might have cosidered buying it. I'm also not very interested in the Clutter pack, as I don't clutter up my houses.

My fav kits are Courtyard Oasis, Blooming rooms and Decor to the max. Also, Little campers is good. I'm obviously more interested in BB kits, gameplay and cas kits have been lacking for me. They'd have to provide more than dust bunnies and men in skirts (unless they're scottish! Kilts are cool) to make me want to buy anything.

For me kits also were the point where I realised I would never complete my sims 4 collection. There are a few I like but with so many, I don't feel like purchasing them all. The price for all kits put together adds up to an amount that could better be spent on something more substantial. 17 kits x 5€= 85€. That is a little over two EP at full price. I will only pick a few that appeal most to my taste. The modern men's wear kit even falls into the 'I don't want it even if it were given for free category'
    I wish they would go back to Stuff Packs, honestly. The later SPs are pretty good.

I totally agree. I wish stuff packs would return.