Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

would you play rene as a subscribtion ?

Comments

• cholesterolcholesterol Posts: 21 Member
    I wish there was an "it depends" option. I can see the subscription model actually benefiting players. You could simply download mods, cc and lots without checking whether you have all the packs required. It would also solve the problem »What if I want to play online with my friends but we don‘t have all the same packs?«. I just don‘t like the idea of losing access to my game if I choose not to renew my subscription. I‘m still playing TS3 occasionally. Imagine paying a subscription fee 10 years after the game was discontinued… I could see myself signing up if we could keep everything that was released during out subscription indefinitely.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    🟩 Maybe
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    no
    When I play games, I want to play games that I own, games that I could pick up and put down whenever I want, take breaks whether short or long term, and still be able to play the game that I paid for. A subscription service just means I'm paying for the privilege of playing a game and the moment I can't pay, I can't play anymore.

If this was a multiplayer game like a MMO than I understand a subscription because the servers have to keep running somehow. However, I just don't see it working out in a Sims game.
  • artistjuartistju Posts: 174 Member
    no
    It's a no for me, I have to pay for so many subscriptions already. I'd like to be able to play the game without worrying if I'd be able to play it next month because of lack of funds.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    no
    artistju wrote: »
    It's a no for me, I have to pay for so many subscriptions already. I'd like to be able to play the game without worrying if I'd be able to play it next month because of lack of funds.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    no
    This game is expensive enough as it is. I can't see paying monthly or yearly fees just to access the game after I've shelled out for the initial purchase. Having to pay to add DLC later is one thing, and I maybe if they made DLC free I would consider it. But I don't see DLC ever being free even with subscriptions.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    no
    No thanks. I already pay a monthly fee to play World of Warcraft and that's enough for me. I don't mind paying for WoW since we can't customize that game like we can with a Sims game. My husband also plays WoW as well as Star Trek Online, so when STO came out, it was a pay to play game and so the hubby would end up cancelling his WoW subscription to play STO and then cancel that one to go back to WoW. But of course the company who has STO finally got rid of the monthly fee as they didn't have too many players playing the game. And so because my hubby would cancel one subscription from one of his games to play another, I wouldn't want to do that as I tend to play WoW a lot and the Sims on occasion and would feel like it'll be a waste of money for me.
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    no
    HECK no, Sims team if you do that. It will be a no brainier to push me to paralives. without thinking twice, I have been with you since sims1
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • SpatzSpatz Posts: 41 Member
    no
    No, I wouldn't. Sometimes I play Sims 4 a lot. Sometimes not at all. Subscribing would degrade my gaming experience.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    no
    So done with owning nothing and renting access in perpetuity as the going (predatory) business model of everything that can get people to go along with it. Hedge funds buying up all the real estate they can get their hands on, to turn as much of the nation into renters at their mercy as possible is just another symptom of that disease. People can't just keep paying forever for everything and owning nothing of value, before it all breaks.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    no
    Come on! I'm already having tough financial times with university, which includes dorm rents, transportation fees, food costs, tuition if I fail too many courses (2) etc. Subscription based fee would drive some players away, especially those in tough financial times.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    no
    No. I want to own my games, not lease time on them. In the current model I can control the costs by choosing which DLCs I purchase, and when I buy them. Also, I can go for weeks or even months without playing, depending on how I’m working. I’m not going to be happy to pay a monthly fee for something I’m not using at times. Most people are already suffering from subscription fatigue with streaming TV, music and games. Adding one more is just…meh. Then, when TS6 releases and they cancel TS5, we’ve got nothing to fall back on if we don’t like the new game.

I don’t think Simmers are in the same category as people who enjoy online gaming. EA needs to realize that this is a unique game with a unique player base that can’t be lumped into that model.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    no
    cyncie wrote: »
    No. I want to own my games, not lease time on them. In the current model I can control the costs by choosing which DLCs I purchase, and when I buy them. Also, I can go for weeks or even months without playing, depending on how I’m working. I’m not going to be happy to pay a monthly fee for something I’m not using at times. Most people are already suffering from subscription fatigue with streaming TV, music and games. Adding one more is just…meh. Then, when TS6 releases and they cancel TS5, we’ve got nothing to fall back on if we don’t like the new game.

I don’t think Simmers are in the same category as people who enjoy online gaming. EA needs to realize that this is a unique game with a unique player base that can’t be lumped into that model.

That is simmers and The Sims described perfectly, unique. If you want to be innovative EA, don't change the heart and soul of one of the last truly original games in the gaming universe. Let it be what it's always been and stick to making the AI, the gameplay, and the modeling innovative and next level instead of making it just like every other game in the world.
  • MotherHjonkerMotherHjonker Posts: 8 New Member
    no
    No. Whenever I had a subscription to FFXIV I felt pressured to play it to "get my money's worth" out of it. So much so that I ended up getting really burnt out and I can't really enjoy it anymore. I've been an avid Sims lover since TS2, and I'd hate for this to be the reason I'm driven away from the series.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    no
    Markoosh wrote: »
    Either way, IF the content has quality and soul behind them again, I'm paying no matter what the business model is.
    If its a dress up & build game only, then pass.

This is probably one of the best descriptions of TS4 I've ever read. Thank you.

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I don't know if I would be willing to pay for a subscription. I would need to hear more about the benefits of buying a yearly subscription. Is it more cost-effective? Are there exclusive downloads worth downloading? How is other Simmers who have the subscription feel about it? Is it something that is easily cancelled at any time? So on and so forth.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 369 Member
    no
    Only way I see myself paying for a subscription to play Sims is if $5CAD equal 550+simoleans in a store and the prices in the store are not ridiculous overpriced worlds, sims, houses etc then if able to afford a subscription that month and there is something in the store that isn't on the gallery I will get one please let this be the only money transaction needed unlike Sims mobile games and other mobile game
    Sims is not a game that requires subscriptions it is a single player game
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    no
    I do play a subscription MMO that I am glad is a subscription, and I play a mobile free to play game that offers monthly perks that act like a sub.

I've seen how subscriptions can work and how they can go bad. Based on strictly my experience with EA and the sims 4 buy to play experience, I don't believe EA can create a fair and enjoyable subscription experience. If RENE was owned by a different company that I trusted to pretend to care at least a little bit about the "quality" of their games, then I'd definitely would consider it. But with the current relationship the sims 4 and EA have built with me as a new player, I simply can't say yes this.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    no
    No way! Not only does this come across as the crash grab to end all cash grabs, leaving us with nothing in the end, but it violates our freedom as gamers. It should be our choice to play or not as we wish without feeling pressured. Why should we be financially penalized during times we either cannot play for whatever reason(s) or choose not to? This smacks of a power play, the desire to control, not only a financial scheme.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited January 2023
    no
    Definitley not. I just want to buy, download and play my game. I don't want all that subscription nonsence. As others have said, there can be times where you don't have alot of time to play the game, and then you'd just be wasting money on a subscription that you don't always use, but need to have if you ever want to play.
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    yes
    with inflation no one can afford monthly payments, there living in a dream world. many ppl cant pay the monthly bills they have now. SO A DEFINATE NO!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2023
    no
    No, why? I stopped playing some of my fave MMO games recently because I can’t pay subscriptions all of the time just to play games. I have irl bills and I also pay for other services, etc.

Plus, past Sims games (and other similar simulation games/farming sims) don’t have subscriptions, so why should I pay that just to play The Sims?

I don’t mind paying for DLCs and such for additional stuff and more simulation content, but definitely not paying to just be able to play the actual game…
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited July 2023
    no
    No, not interested.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    It depends a lot on how it's implemented. I've seen rumors of Rene being "free-to-enter". If it is, I'd much rather have a small subscription fee to get access to all the extra content than dealing with micro transactions. However, if they added a subscription fee on top of paying for packs, that would be absolutely excessive to me, especially if they keep the same rate (and quality) of releasing new paid content. I'm a collector and get almost everything, so I figure a subscription-based system would come up to about the same, but I know it would be terrible for players who don't normally get all the content and who still play a little bit every month. While a subscription would give players leverage against bad game maintenance (unsubscribe when the game is broken), I'm also worried about what it would mean in the long run, if they ever decide to leave one sims game for another and stop maintenance on the "old" one (which they hopefully wouldn't need to do or could then make the game free, but I'm not that convinced when it comes to EA and money...)
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    no
    Nope. I am not interested in any type of subscription service for games. I just want to buy and play my game whenever I feel like it. Sometimes real life sets in and I don't want to feel pressured or frustrated with the subscription nonsense.