January 27th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Perfect Genetics Challenge

124...Next

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,699 Member
    Over the past few days I've been working on the townie population of Moonlight Falls. I've moved a heap of them out to Mountain Lake and listed them in my spreadsheet and also cleaned out their overstuffed inventories.
    Then I returned to Moonlight Falls and worked my way through the townie population there. I added them all to my spreadsheet and emptied their inventories. I see a couple of them need to be moved to Mountain Lake at some stage as they have become involved with a sim I moved there already and I may as well give them a chance of continuing with their newly established relationships.

Then I went back to my main household. I still had big problems there. Crashing. Too many sims. Error 12.

I aged up Percy and his Imaginary Friend made real, Pat. I moved them to Mountain Lake. They were teens. They were the last teens in the household. Since Cindy had twins I had to move two sims out to have any chance of playing the household.

The next thing I did was age up Martin and his Imaginary Friend made real, Bart. They are now teens. I still need to give them a new wardrobe. I like Bart's new look. I often wonder what they will look like after I give them such huge overhauls of their facial features when they are children. He seems to have turned out OK, but I haven't had a close look yet. Martin is just a teenaged alien.

I aged up Cindy's twins and can confirm we now have the heir for Generation 3.

Donna was the first twin born and she is the heir.
    Donna.jpg

Donna1.jpg

Her sister has the required eye colour but her hair is not right for her to be the heir.
    Debbie.jpg

Debbie1.jpg

This is Bart aged up to teen. Up close his eyes seem very small but he looks good from a distance so I won't take him into CAS and operate on his eyes.
    Bart1.jpg

Bart2.jpg

Bart3.jpg

And finally, Martin aged up to teen. He is the first alien born to this household and he is Don's alien son.
    Martin1.jpg

I recorded part of birthday parties for both Martin and Bart but it crashed when the University Mascot turned up each time.

Fortunately I have the video recorded so I can show what I have of their birthday celebrations.

After one of the Error 12 experiences I noticed Denise had lost her Imaginary Friend doll.

The twins still hadn't received their dolls and I'd already aged them up to toddler. I have the setting for babies to receive a doll set to100% of the time. I wondered if the fact that I'd gone off to work on the townies as soon as they were born may have messed up the doll delivery sequence. I was surprised though, to see some of the townies had recently had babies and those babies had received dolls.

Anyway, when I got back to the main household things were not very secure. I emptied their inventories and saved. But I could do only one save for each time I launched the game.

I decided to reset the lot after the two crashes on the arrival of the University Mascot. I had already decided to do that before shutting down last night but had failed carrying out that step.

After resetting the lot (using Master Controller) the household seemed more secure. I found lots of stuff in the family inventory and emptied that. Denice's doll was in the household inventory so she got that back.

Then I reset the entire town. This made things better. Then suddenly the imaginary friend dolls for the new twins turned up in the mail. So all is good.

I saved. No crash. No error 12 but I did need to restart the game to free up some memory. I gave Martin and Bart their makeovers. Now I am ready to play on and start work on the next video. I'll be aging Martin and Bart out soon but will age up more of Don's alien children first.

That's it for now.

Happy Simming All.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 4,790 Member
    edited December 2022
    @Karritz Sorry it's taken me so long to watch your latest videos. I'm behind in several things because of the holidays. I haven't been playing Sims very often either. I wish I had more time to do everything I love to do!

Perfect Genetics Gen 2, Episode 3
    Fun scenes with the quad babies, twins, and single! Wow. Home birth and hospital. (I like Donna's hair. Very pretty.) So many toddlers. Then another set of twins. I think I lost count. LOL ...I like the variety of fairy wing colors and shapes. ...Good thing the toddlers all aged up quickly.

Perfect Genetics Gen 2, Episode 4
    I like the homes that these sims live in. Cool that they're neighbors. It's great that you spend enough time with all these sims to make sure they have skills, giving them a good start in life. They seem to stay happy most of the time too, even with so many for you to manage. The trick seems to be giving them enough objects to keep them busy. ...Enjoyed seeing the different children's CAS outfits. ...Crazy zombies! ...Your genetics playthroughs have so many different types of sims. They're fun to watch. ...And now another set of twins is born!
    @lanlyn I thought you might have been busy. It's that time of year. It's good to hear from you.

I've been busy too and am very late with the next couple of videos. I have a birds video almost ready to go but have been working on Perfect Genetics Gen 2 Episode 5. This one will have lots of birthdays. Just about the whole video is about babies, toddlers, children and teens aging up to the next level.

I needed a rest for a few days after the play finished. It took up a lot of my time rehearsing and then doing 9 performances. In all I was busy with it for 4 months, but the final 3 weeks were when we did the performances, I didn't do much with videos during those final 3 weeks. It was so hot here then too, and I was tired and preparing for the next performance or doing it. In the end I enjoyed the experience. I usually hate them and wonder why I get involved and can't wait for them to be over, but I'm feeling a lot better these days and apart from painful legs for most of it I was feeling really good and enjoyed the process all the way through. I thought my days of doing that sort of thing were well and truly over but it seems there could be more musicals in my future by the way some influential people in the local amateur theatre world were talking. And my legs are much better now too. I spend too much time sitting and I need to get out more and more around a lot more than I do.

I better get back to it and get that video finished.

Happy Simming and I hope you enjoy the holiday season and that next year is good for you and your family.

Episode 5 of Generation 2 of The Perfect Genetics Challenge in now available for you to watch on YouTube.

In this video there are lots of birthdays, some travel as sims move to a new world, a revelation about a future heir, and some aging up problems for at least one little sim.
    The Perfect Genetics Challenge Generation 2 Episode 6 is now up on YouTube.

As usual there is plenty going on and it's a busy episode.

Toddler training, children learning child skills and working on opportunities. Teens reading recipes and working on their fishing skills. Children learning logic as they discover potions.

A small group of sims have a vacation in France. While there they work on skills and read books. This turns out to be a successful way of being able to save their progress without having to shut down and reload after each save so there will be more of these 'vacations' in future episodes.

Their home has 16 sims plus a small dog and a cat. I find I need to shut down and reload after each save when they are at home. This means I tend to put off saving and sometimes this results in me getting an Error 12 and I lose all progress since the last successful save. When Martin got an opportunity that required him to go to France and Cindy needed to deliver some freshly caught frogs to the restaurant I decided to experiment on a possible work around to my Error 12 issues.

I sent Martin and his imaginary friend made real, Bart, as well as Cindy and her imaginary friend made real, Bobby, to France. Martin quickly completed his opportunity and the others went fishing or caught butterflies, played with the wild horses, watched the train go by, visited the nectary and harvested wild plants. The teens in the group made significant progress with their skill building and I was able to save without any issues whenever I felt it necessary to avoid losing progress. I didn't need to shut down and reload after saving. I saved at least 3 times while they were in France and there was no occurrence of Error 12.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,368 Member
    @Karritz: awesome video. That's great to know that you can save in the foreign sims3 worlds. :)
    :) Smile!

Puddinroy wrote: »
    @Karritz: awesome video. That's great to know that you can save in the foreign sims3 worlds. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was very relieved when I was able to save in the other world. I wasn't sure it would have worked so I made sure I saved with a new name. I knew it had worked only when I was able to successfully travel back to Moonlight Falls.