Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alryne Valley - ***BETA 1.2 - 8/3/23*** Dive Lots Possible - Read 1st Post

texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
Alryne Valley - Beta 1.2 - released 8/3/23:

Updated to add: Dive lots can be added to Alryne Valley!
diving_in_alryne-valley.jpg
I was successful in adding a dive lot. Many thanks to Dandelion Sprout at Mod the Sims for their work on Mermaid's Park dive lots.

NOTE: I have no plans to add dive lots to Alryne Valley myself, but it is possible to add one with modifications or build your own.

Click the link to download Alryne_Valley_beta_1-2. This zip file contains only the Sims3Pack for the world of Alryne Valley.

There is a Jinx - Raven Shadow rabbit hole door inside the lobby for the science facility. If you don't have (or don't want) these rabbit holes installed in your game, you may replace my science facility with the Landgraab Science Facility from Sunset Valley. Don't forget to use buydebug to remove the fishing spawners before bulldozing my lot to prepare for placing the Landgraab lot.

If you have already installed a previous version of Alryne Valley in your game, you will need to uninstall it in order to install the updated version. I have included the beta version number in the world description for reference. If your world doesn't have a version number in the description, you will want to uninstall it as it is likely either the alpha or beta 1.0 version.

For those who prefer not to build homes, I have also provided two save files for Alryne Valley to go with the beta 1.2 world.

Alryne_Valley_Lots_Only_beta_1-2.zip contains the world with 49 of the 64 residential lots developed with either homes from the games and expansions, or my personal builds. There are 15 remaining empty residential lots. 41 community lots have also been placed with 6 remaining empty commercial lots. This save file would be ideal if you want to use your own Sims to populate the world.

Alryne_Valley_Populated_beta_1-2.zip contains the above save file populated with sixteen families. Twelve households were generated by Nraas Story Progression (Flanagan, Loyd, Mann, Mauldin, McLaughlin, Proffitt, Ramirez, Reedy, Smallwood, Stein, Tyler, and Vera), and four are my creations (Amethyst, Forsythe, Random Hotties, and Three's Company). This save file would be best for those who want to just install the world and jump right into playing without a lot of preparation.

Updates:

There were only two changes made to this file.

I replanted some floating palm trees along the coast.

I've been having issues with Sims getting stuck inside the unrouteable area in the northwest corner of the map where the road ends. I checked and the unrouteable paint covers that area. I removed it and repainted it, then rebuilt the routing data. I am hoping this fixes the issue.

I didn't find any other issues with the world while playing.

Alryne Valley - Beta 1.1 - released 5/28/23:

Alryne Valley has been upgraded to beta 1.1. There are many changes including replacing the oak trees along the coast with the original palm trees. Please see the !README.txt file for full details about the changes, the homes and custom community lots, and their addresses in Alryne Valley.

There is a Jinx - Raven Shadow rabbit hole door inside the lobby for the science facility. I didn't think about mentioning it before as it slipped my mind. This should be the only custom content in Alryne Valley.

By clicking the link above, you will be taken to Mediafire to download a zip file containing 15 Sims3Pack files for the world, 11 homes, and 3 custom community lots. These homes and lots have been placed in the world file. I am including them in case you wish to add any of the homes to your library.

Alryne Valley - Beta 1.0 - recalled May 2023:

Alryne Valley has been upgraded to Beta. I have removed the link and have removed Alryne Valley beta 1.0 from Mediafire as it had the incorrect trees along the coast.

By clicking the link above, you can download a zip file containing the Alryne Valley.Sims3Pack file. Put the file in your downloads folder and use the launcher to install the world. Be sure to completely uninstall the previous version before installing the new one.

I have added eight residential properties - six mobile homes and two proper homes.

I have provided more complete information on my blog, The Legacy Report. Further information and more recent versions of the world will be shared there.

Alryne Valley - Alpha - released 3/26/23:

Alryne Valley is playable and available for download. It is currently in the Alpha stage, so there may be issues I might have missed. If you would like to test the world, or if you just want to check it out, use the link below to download Alryne Valley from Mediafire. Place the file in your The Sims 3\downloads folder and use the launcher to install it.

Alryne Valley - alpha

Please let me know if you find any bugs, routing errors, or other issues with the world. Please post any feedback in the comments below. Thanks for checking it out!

Alryne Valley is a medium-sized world on a large map. The sims3pack and world files are each about 48MB in size.

41 commercial lots have been placed and there are six more empty community lots of different sizes available (20x30, 30x20, 30x40, 40x40, 50x50, and 60x60). Most of the rabbit hole lots come from either Sunset Valley or Riverview. I believe the rest are from the expansions.

There are 64 residential lots of varying sizes (20x30, 30x20, 30x40, 40x40, 50x50, and 60x60) and NINE 64x64 lots. Three of the largest lots are located in Farmers Close, a rural area north of town. I figured if someone needs a 64x64 lot for a venue, there are plenty of lots to go around.

For more information on the commercial and residential lots and their locations, please see the spoilers in the second post below.

If you are a builder, this is the world for you as only one residential lot has been placed. The lakeside cabin lot costs §17,246 unfurnished and §25,571 furnished, so you may need to use the freerealestate cheat or strip the cabin bare to move a single Sim in. (I removed the majority of the windows and most of the furnishings in order for the furnished price to fall below §16,500). A couple could purchase the cabin unfurnished without cheats.

Background:
I created Alryne Valley specifically for the Nothing Is Free Challenge from ModtheSims. I wanted each lot to have a single rabbit hole, and I couldn't find a world that would work for this.

Originally, it was created on a medium map, but I found that I couldn't block the camera from "seeing" the water beyond the mountains, so I recreated it on a large map. The occupied area would probably fit on a medium map. The valley is surrounded by hills and mountains on three sides. Sunrise Beach and Smuggler's Cove are located to the east.

There are 41 lots designated for certain community buildings covering lots from any of the eleven expansions that have them. I have included the odd-sized lots for specific rabbit holes. Most of the rabbit hole lots come from either Sunset Valley or Riverview. I believe the rest are from the expansions. I have also added six empty community lots of different sizes (20x30, 30x20, 30x40, 40x40, 50x50, and 60x60). There are 63 residential lots of the same sizes as the empty community lots, as well as NINE 64x64 lots. Three of them are located in Farmers Close, a rural area. Is this overkill? :lol:

When Alryne Valley is complete, I want to include the following created Sims (Should I populate the world with the couples so I can set relationships, or just make them available for download separately and let Story Progression determine their fates? :wink: ).

Founders Aedan and Rowina Alryne. The town is named after them. Aedan was the first mayor of the town.
Founders Garnet and Millie Wimborne. The county is named after them. They donated the land for the town.
Carson and Karina Jacobs, owners of Jacobs Mercantile and Karina's Facials and Massage day spa.
Richard and Sara Jacobs - parents of Millie Wimborne and Carson Jacobs. They live with their son Carson.
Mack and Margie Dunwich - owners of Good Eats Diner and Margie's Salon.
Connor and Alanna Alryne - parents of Aedan and Margie Dunwich. They live with their daughter Margie.
Ole and Lena Nelson :lol: - owners of Nelson's Cafe.
Evyn and Holly Wood - owners of Holly's Community Theatre. (I know, right? :smiley: )
Ethan and Bronwyne Wright - owners of Bronwyne Books and founders of the Wright Reading Room library.
Gavin and Ginna Graham - established Graham's Pet Store and maintain the cat and dog parks. They run the Triple G Ranch horse ranch.

I haven't really worked out relationships between the townsfolk or decided if I will have rival families. Perhaps the Alrynes and Wimbournes have started a family feud? I wonder which of the remaining couples will support Aedan and Rowina?

* edited to add: I am working on a complete history of the town and relationships between some of the above Sims. For further information, please see my blog, The Legacy Report. Further information and more recent versions of the world will be shared there.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    edited April 2023
    Here is a listing of the commercial lots in Alryne Valley:
    102 S Sugarplum Passage - 60x60 Empty Lot
    102 N Sugarplum Passage - 63x32 Graveyard
    202 N Sugarplum Passage - 30x40 Hospital

102 N Wimborne Court - 48x64 Town Hall

103 S Alryne Park Road - 32x40 Gym
    101 S Alryne Park Road - 25x20 Art Gallery
    101 N Alryne Park Road - 32x64 School
    102 N Alryne Park Road - 64x64 Big Park (Central Park)
    201 N Alryne Park Road - 32x36 Business Tower
    204 N Alryne Park Road - 30x40 Diner

106 S Orchid Way - 30x20 Cat Jungle
    104 S Orchid Way - 30x20 Pet Store
    102 S Orchid Way - 30x20 Dog Park
    101 S Orchid Way - 60x60 Horse Ranch

201 Seacoast Lane - 20x40 Beach

501 Smuggler's Cove Road - 36x40 Criminal Hideout

1002 Aedan Springs Road - 20x30 Junkyard
    1003 Aedan Springs Road - 64x64 Fishing Spot
    1004 Aedan Springs Road - 64x64 Science Building

104 Aviator Way - 20x30 Empty Lot
    102 Aviator Way - 40x40 Empty Lot
    101 Aviator Way - 60x60 Equestrian Center
    1001 Aviator Way - 64x64 Military Base
    1002 Aviator Way - 30x40 Airport Terminal

205 Rowina Road W - 20x30 Salon
    203 Rowina Road W - 25x30 Theater
    201 Rowina Road W - 16x18 Bistro
    105 Rowina Road W - 20x25 Bookstore
    103 Rowina Road W - 15x20 Small Park - Community Garden
    101 Rowina Road W - 25x20 Grocery Store
    104 Rowina Road E - 30x28 Pool

206 Garnet Avenue W - 20x30 Fire Station
    202 Garnet Avenue W - 30x30 Police Station
    106 Garnet Avenue W - 20x25 Library
    104 Garnet Avenue W - 18x22 Empty Lot
    102 Garnet Avenue W - 22x21 Day Spa
    103 Garnet Avenue E - 30x30 Potion Shop
    104 Garnet Avenue E - 30x20 Consignment Store

204 Crimson Lane W - 30x30 Private Venue
    203 Crimson Lane W - 32x29 Performance Club
    202 Crimson Lane W - 46x32 Criminal Dive Bar (Waylon's Haunt)
    201 Crimson Lane W - 30x30 Big Park (Performance Park)
    103 Crimson Lane W - 30x20 Criminal Dive Bar (Watering Hole Saloon)
    102 Crimson Lane W - 64x64 Sports Arena
    101 Crimson Lane E - 30x20 Empty Lot
    102 Crimson Lane E - 34x20 Bistro (Flying V's)
    101 Crimson Lane E - 30x40 Empty Lot

The streets containing residential lots are in the spoiler below. The number of lots on each street is listed in ().
    Orchid Way (3) and Ivory Lane (6) are located just east of downtown proper.

Ocean View Road (14) is near the ocean in the east.

Sugarplum Circle (16) is an affluent neighborhood in the southwest.

If you follow Wimborne Court past the town hall, you will soon come to Alryne Court (6), a poorer neighborhood closer to the airport.

Aviator Way (5) is a busy street that leads to the military base and airfield.

Crimson Lane (11) is a busy street between downtown and the ocean.

Three of the largest lots are located in the rural area of Farmers Close located north of downtown.

Lake Atherton is the home of a single cabin appropriately named "Lakeside Cabin".

Some screenshots of the world:

c4e74b_caba0bcde65a43d59abcc7d63a42baee~mv2.jpg
    I created one of the founding couples - Aedan and Rowina Alryne and moved them into the world to check it out and get some screenshots.

c4e74b_c364c7b902d848e98e3bcf3a549d5bb0~mv2.jpg
    A view of Alryne Community Garden facing south. You can see Jacobs Mercantile on the left and Bronwyne Books on the right. On the far left in the background is the 28 Hour Wellness Gym and on the far right is Nelson's Cafe (Little Corsican Bistro).

c4e74b_15cda21adca44e0d9898d9e01f238fe2~mv2.jpg
    Wimborne Gallery and Museum (art museum) with Canine Capers dog park and Wimborne Equestrian Centre behind to the left and the gym behind to the right.

c4e74b_8c9b28e4c6df4d5899577988630f9f09~mv2.jpg
    From Alryne Park facing north. Another view of the garden between Wright Reading Room (library) on the left and Karina's Facials and Massage (day spa) on the right. Across from the library to the left is the Alryne Constable, behind it to the right is The Watering Hole Saloon, and further back left to right are Port-A-Party Mini Warehouse, Waylon's Haunt, and Llama Memorial Stadium.

c4e74b_56366482a1a44424a313a8634c835ea9~mv2.jpg
    Alryne Cemetery facing west. You can't see it very well in this shot, but the unnamed lake is behind the cemetery.

c4e74b_6096343b960b463aa18ea39938d7eef3~mv2.jpg
    Facing northwest.

c4e74b_c20f0a85ed984baeace51eabbd7b74d9~mv2.jpg
    Facing northeast. The white on the far right is Aedan Memorial Hospital and the building to the left of the hospital is the mini-warehouse.

c4e74b_8d2b34bcf1794f4aa5dcbc92a925ea0a~mv2.jpg
    A view down Crimson Lane facing east. You can see Sunrise Beach in the far distance, and the tall sign for Good Eats Diner (Hogan's) down the road on the right.

c4e74b_3630be5f525243bb8d907a047607d693~mv2.jpg
    Facing southeast - Mick's Master Karaoke with Performance Park to the left. You can see Alryne Constable and Alryne Town Hall in the background.

c4e74b_fa3571b274994a398272a49a591648d7~mv2.jpg
    Sunrise Beach and Smuggler's Cove with the criminal warehouse behind it (facing north).

c4e74b_a70128f69152468fb5e29e8d8564342e~mv2.jpg
    An aerial view of Smuggler's Cove facing northwest.

c4e74b_1d3c53e3acf04325ab7d2f4741435776~mv2.jpg
    An aerial view of Alryne Valley facing south-southeast.

c4e74b_de4a8b2d62b7417287e955253734eb74~mv2.jpg
    Rowina loves the community garden. I realized in an empty world that this garden with seed spawners would be nonexistent, so I added a few seed spawners by the equestrian center and between the grocery and bookstore downtown, as well as some rare/special ones on the beach by the large rock.

c4e74b_0df2cb66450341498079847d671ec658~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_e6186f9df4bb4a8a8bdce9023dff1c72~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_4b24812fd7d840099de05f39af576230~mv2.jpg
    Rowina harvesting some plants.

c4e74b_7be1bf6185264fbe8f0a3204fde0d820~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_7d40d83bc4f54fddb36c6489f872fdec~mv2.jpg
    Aedan is fishing at the lake. I didn't realize that the bulrushes were so tall! I have since buried them in the ground so they don't hide my Sims. :lol: After I lowered the bulrushes, my Sims were complaining that they couldn't fish there. I'm not sure if burying the bulrushes in the ground/water may have been a factor. I have removed all of the lilypads and now they are able to fish without complaint.
    Post edited by texansky on

I haven't come up with a name for the Lake yet. Any suggestions are welcome?

Here is a list of the street names (some are named after the townsfolk). I want the name of the lake to fit with the street names somehow.

East to West:
    Aedan Springs Road
    Sugarplum Circle
    Alryne Court
    Aviator Way
    Rowina Road
    Garnet Avenue
    Crimson Lane
    Farmers Close

North to South:
    Sugarplum Passage
    Wimborne Court
    Alryne Park Road
    Orchid Way
    Ivory Lane
    Ocean View Road
    Seacoast Lane
    Smuggler's Cove Road
    @StephSteb Thanks. I've spent three weeks getting it in a playable state and another week testing the world and tweaking things here and there. Since this is the first time I have created a world, I am learning as I go. I have no idea what to look for when testing the world. I assume you make sure all of the rabbit holes work, that the Sims can get where I allow them to go and can't go when I don't want them to be. I've checked some of the fishing spots and they seem to be catching fish okay. The spawners that I have checked in-game appear to be producing items.

I'm not sure if there are any other things I should be checking for. Right now, I only have three residential houses in the entire world. I encountered a few stuck Sim errors on animals when I first started playing the world (the only Sims were the household I was playing), but there haven't been many others since - that I know of. My Sims complain a lot about not being able to do something, but it's usually because someone else beat them to it (using the computer, the bathroom, raiding the refrigerator, etc). They are not patient little pixels sometimes.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited April 2022
    This tutorial is pretty good and gives some pointers on creating a world - http://krrank.blogspot.com/p/caw-tutorial.html

This one too - http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:Creating_A_World_That_Doesn't_Suck_Compatibility

Routing is probably the most important part of creating a world that works properly - https://nornities.tumblr.com/post/164409402711/sims-3-caw-how-to-improve-routing-this-is-a
    Thanks for your reply @KatyFernlily
    I'll check out the links when I get home.
    edited November 2022
    I worked on the large map of Alryne Valley for a while this weekend. I managed to get the mountains painted with rocky paint and add evergreens.

Hopefully, I can get more done in the near future. I will try to post some updated pictures soon.
    I have Alryne Valley playable. But I'm not sure if it's error free as I haven't fully tested it. Now I'm on the EA app, and can't edit in game.

There is only one house (a cabin on the lake), so anyone that wants to try the world would have to either place premade homes or build their own.

I use Nraas to populate empty worlds, so I don't know how long it takes using the EA story progression.

If anyone is interested in downloading my world, I will upload it to the exchange.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited March 2023
    @texansky Do you have the discs for your game? If so, you can reinstall, patch up to 1.67 and continue using CAW with EIG. I did that dreading the experience but it wasn't as horrible as I thought. If anything, it was fun looking at loading screens I hadn't seen in years and I just paced the installations over a day and a half.
    EiFlric.png
    @ts1depot
    I have the original game on disk and a few expansions, but that's about it. The world I created only uses the Sims 3 game (no expansions or store content), and anything I do after this world will only contain the Sims 3 main game only. I have several computers, so I could install 1.67 on the older laptop for creating worlds.
    edited April 2023
    I was able to upload the Alryne Valley world as well as the Alryne Community Gardens to the Exchange. The gardens are on an 18x22 lot (which can be placed on a 20x25 lot or larger.

Alryne Valley is on a large world map because I wanted to block the camera so it wouldn't show the vast ocean beyond the map and that wasn't possible using the medium map. The town itself will fit on a medium map.

You can download my current version of Alryne Valley using this link:
    Alryne Valley - alpha

The Alryne Community Gardens can be downloaded here.

* Edited to change the download link for Alryne Valley to Mediafire.
    Post edited by texansky on
    @texansky Oh, that's great to hear, and welcome to the 1.67 CAW Club! <3
    EiFlric.png
    @ts1depot
    Thanks. I'll be doing that when I get home. I'm currently 2 hours away since the 5th of March with my hubby. He's been in the hospital and rehab and is scheduled to go home tomorrow. I may send you a private message if I have any questions I can't find the answers on the forums.

I uploaded the wrong version of Alryne Valley to the Exchange, so I deleted it. Now I can't upload a new copy. As a result, I decided to use Mediafire to share my world. This way, I can add newer versions when necessary.

You can download my current version of it using this link:
    Alryne Valley - alpha

As this is technically the Alpha version, I could use a few people who are willing to test it out and look for problems. The last thing I did before exporting the file was to rebuild the routing data, so I am hoping there won't be routing issues. If you are a builder, this is a great world for you as there is only one small cabin by the lake. All other residential lots are empty.

There may be a few beta versions in the future as issues are dealt with, and I will provide the final version when I am satisfied that it is finished.

When I get a final copy of the world, I will be populating it with the founding Sims as well as some other custom Sims. I will provide a document describing the Sims and their relationships with one another. I will offer the world and the document on Mediafire when it is complete.

Originally, I created this world to use in the Nothing Is Free challenge (the link is provided in the first post).
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    @texansky
    There's something called S3pe that you can download and use to edit your sims 3 world files so that you can upload a second version of the same map to the exchange. I don't remember how to use it through, so you might want to lookup a tutorial. You might want to look into it. It might help you out here so you can still get your world on the exchange

@Damienf519
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it when I have my world finished and am ready to put the completed version on the Exchange.

@ts1depot
    I was going to install Sims 3 from disk onto my older laptop to patch 1.67 so I can use EIG with CAW, but both of my Sims 3 install disks say "Powered with Origin, so I suspect I won't be able to use either of these to do a disk install.

Is the Super patch the same as patch 1.67?
    texansky wrote: »
    @Damienf519
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it when I have my world finished and am ready to put the completed version on the Exchange.

@ts1depot
    I was going to install Sims 3 from disk onto my older laptop to patch 1.67 so I can use EIG with CAW, but both of my Sims 3 install disks say "Powered with Origin, so I suspect I won't be able to use either of these to do a disk install.

You're welcome. Hope S3pe works for you.

On the back of my Into the Future Disc it says "Origin Powered By EA," so it might still work for you. Just make sure you do not install Origin if it gives you the option. If you install the EA download Manager, make sure you delete it before you install the first expansion pack or stuff pack, otherwise it could install Origin automatically. You will have play with the Sims 3 with one of the CDs in your drive through, after doing this, but not CAW or EIG for some reason. I'm guessing its because certain files that the game needs are on the CDs for that version

@Damienf519
    Thanks for the prompt reply. The first thing my base game install does is install Origin and then, even though I unchecked the box to have it update automatically, it does anyway. Then it said, "Your update could not be completed. Please download and install the latest version of Origin from [website url].
    @texansky So, it appears you have the base game copy that came with Origin. Is there any way you can grab an old used copy of the base game? Here is a guide at Crinrict's to help you see which version to look for. Look under section that says "Version before September 2012," which posts pictures of the covers of the base game that come before and after the Origin requirement:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/sims-3-base-game-versions.html
    EiFlric.png
    edited March 2023
    @texansky I had no idea. I just assumed that every version of the Sims 3 on a CD was the same version that I had. Now I’m even more relieved that I didn’t throw mine away. It’s also could to make things difficult for me as well, because although I own an old CD copy of all the expansion packs, I don’t own all the stuff packs, and I only own the digital version of some of them. Not sure if the later version of those stuff packs will work with the old version of the Sims 3 without upgrading it to the Origin only version

I hope you can find an old pre Origin version of the Sims 3 for sale somewhere at least
    @Damienf519 The digital versions should work. All of my SPs and half of my EPs were on digital. I got a prompt warning me that a disc I got used was newer than the base game. When I installed, all that happens is that I get an error message when I first start the launcher that says, "Cannot connect to Origin." When I close the launcher out, the game continues as usual.
    EiFlric.png
    Thanks @ts1depot! So basically as long as I have the original CD version of the Sims 3 base game, you should be fine? Well that's a relief
    edited March 2023
    @Damienf519 Yes, I think it should be okay. This is what happens when I open the launcher.

uN5R26E.png

When I click the button, the window closes and the game runs normally.
    EiFlric.png
    @ts1depot Same here

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top