The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Sims 4 Spark Something Shell Challenge

Comments

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2022
    Can you change the walls at all? It says you can move and change the stairs. I guess you can style the walls, but can’t shrink them or make it bigger? Can you rotate the whole thing? Put a roof on it? Build a whole lot around it? Use any packs? 😁
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Aw…

I was going to spark something by building a Plumbob Spaceship and making it fly, but I can’t enter the competition since I’m not a legal resident of any of the countries mentioned.

This could mean it’s finally time to emigrate, just like my ancestors.

Does anyone have a spare room? Basement? Attic? Chimney? All good with me.
    I’m strong and okay-ish with my hands. I’ll bring potatoes. I’ll even marry you, no problem.
    I can look after cattle if necessary. I mean I never did before, but we could try, right?
    Anyone?
    Please?
    Anyone at all at all?
    Please?

NO?!!?

That’s ok, I completely understand. No hard feelings.
    I doubt I’d ever win The Sparkle anyway…and let’s be fair, no one would want to be stuck with a loser, right? Especially if he was living inside the chimney but wasn’t 🎅🏼.

Good luck everyone…💙
  • LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    edited November 2022
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Did you say potatoes? That's tempting.... but I do not have a chimney for you, sorry. Though, given the time of year it is, I'm slightly suspicious of you... a person who seems to be obsessed with chimneys, does not live in one of several countries (perhaps you prefer the very far, far north) ... I mean, you even offer to look after cattle, and they can't be that different from reindeer, right?

That little emoji of yours might be giving away the truth...
    edited December 2022
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Did you say potatoes? That's tempting.... but I do not have a chimney for you, sorry. Though, given the time of year it is, I'm slightly suspicious of you... a person who seems to be obsessed with chimneys, does not live in one of several countries (perhaps you prefer the very far, far north) ... I mean, you even offer to look after cattle, and they can't be that different from reindeer, right?

That little emoji of yours might be giving away the truth...

@Larrikateven No chimney, no problem! I can make any tool shed cosy if you have one available?
    Happy to bring a large bag of all things potatoes. Baby potatoes, sweet potatoes, giant red spuds, potato crisps and even my wonderful and only spud bud, Mr.Tayto.

Also, be no longer suspicious: I am not a certain jolly auld fella…oh sure, I’m jolly, I’m a fella….some kids may call me “old” and I’m doing pretty okay on the beard side of things, as in- it cannot be pulled off me face by wee little humans - but that’s about the extend of it.

Sad thing is, I’m just not used to the polar climate…anything below - 5 degrees Celsius ( 23 Fahrenheit?) could cause severe issues….
    But I do like reindeer. I did hear they’re rather tasty too, although perhaps I shouldn’t say these things out loud around this time a year. 🫢
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,862 Member
    Cool! Have to try this one, not submitting, but for own fun :)

Oh, clearly I have watched too much old episodes of Columbo, but one more thing,
    …anything under - 5 degrees Celsius ( 23 Fahrenheit?) could cause severe issues…

Knitted things help so much to severe issues B) I know that all your sims, most of all men love to knit, they knit all the time, right? There is neat interaction in game to teach how to knit, you should ask them ? o:)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Sorry @Ellupelluellu if you don’t mind I’d much rather talk about potatoes right now. 🙄

Also, I’ve decided to join the challenge but in protest I WILL break all the rules and especially all the walls.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Awww, maan! I missed it! Too late to the party, as always :(
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    I started it but I don’t think they gave enough time really and I wasn’t close to finishing :) Good luck to those who did!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    Thank you for letting us know about this challenge @simgirl1010. I did the challenge and had fun with it. The time was rather short for people who can only play a couple of hours per week so I don't think my build will be detailed enough to make a chance at winning. But I might end up using my entry in game because I made sure it was a fully functional home.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    Awe, I didn't realize entries closed yesterday. I didn't upload mine until this morning. :neutral:
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    I did the Spark Something Shell Challenge & completed it a few days ago. It wasn't easy because I was trying to stick to the stricked rules of the Challenge. Luckily, I got my Vampire sim to move in so that she wouldn't need a kitchen. And I decorated it with a black & red Christmas decorations. ;)
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    Did they ever announce the winners? I was hoping to see what lots won.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,818 Member
    I couldn't find anything official announcing all the winners but this winner posted.