Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lawn mowing and pool cleaning for 2023

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
edited November 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Both chores as BG update

New items: lawn mowers and swimming pool filters (underwater and leaf net/skimmer)

New gameplay:
  • Water from swimming pools will decrease it's quality during time. With Seasons EP, it could be affected by Seasons, specially Fall.
  • Sims could clean the swimming pool water using a leaf net/skimmer or placing a new underwater filter.
  • The filter could be upgraded.
  • Depending of the Sim trait, they could refuse or enjoy swimming in dirty water.
  • Lawn mowing will include new weed gameplay (NOT THAT WEED). Randomly, weed will grown in the non builded areas of the lot, so Sims could rid with their bare hands, hiring a gardener or using one of the two new lawn mowers.

Comments

• Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    Lawn mowing might make it as a Kit. EA seems to put experimental things there, like the Vacuums in Bust the Dust. They better modify it so Kids and Teens could do it as a chore, to raise one of the Parenthood Values or build a skill. And Weekly lawnmowing seems like a good time table. Making it a daily task would only get on players nerves.

If they added Pool cleaning, I'd ask they add a Pool Cleaner Sim in the services menu. Story-telling players would get a big hit out of that one... Especially for rich homes. Though some of those stories would be more T-rated, EA might not be comfortable with that. But then they did give us a bush to woohoo in... so.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Also water the yard with the hose we have a water hose but can't water the yard also we can wash our car with water hose.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    OMG YES.
    I couldn't think of a job the game was missing but now I know my sim wants and needs a poolboy AND a lawn mower. A whole landscaping maintenance crew. My sim would gladly keep their cups, and his own eyes, full.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg