Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think the devs should find better ways to spend simoleons in game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    There’s little in the way of progression. I started out in a little tiny cottage struggling to pay my bills, then when I got 10k Simoleons I could pretty much just build a two story house and never really worry about money again unless I purposely overspend.

There’s a real imbalance between what the jobs pay and how much you can make just painting/gardening etc. You go from only being able to afford the cheapest worse cooker to the most expensive one very quickly, skipping most of the steps in between.

I think the best way to solve this is just to make money harder to get and make everything more expensive, especially housing itself. If I wanted to add a patio to my house in real life it would cost money.

But I think many players just don’t want to worry about things like this and so the bar is kept low.

I play with motherlode all the time and my sims still struggle for money. I think those simmers that accumulate too much wealth with their sims too quickly simply do not spend it, the way they play their game is unbalanced, they focus too much on wealth building and too little on spending it. The way I play my sims is that, they basically only work extra when or if they need the extra money. They even harvest money trees only when they need money. Same with paintings, they will probably paint a masterpiece a week, not one every day.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited November 2022
    Managing family funds could be as difficult as managing a business by using a new lot challenge.

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited November 2022
    A lot trait that reduces salaries by 50 percebt while doubling the price of all build mode items and lowering the chances of getting promoted would be nice.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    live in servants like maids, butler, nanny, gardener NPCs?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    Someone in a different thread suggested adding pool filters so your pools would get dirty over time and need to be cleaned manually. I suggested to that the idea of adding a pool cleaner hirable service. The sort of thing story players will adore, only some of the stories that result may be slightly too T-rated for EA. But then they did give us a bush to woohoo in...
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »
    Someone in a different thread suggested adding pool filters so your pools would get dirty over time and need to be cleaned manually. I suggested to that the idea of adding a pool cleaner hirable service. The sort of thing story players will adore, only some of the stories that result may be slightly too T-rated for EA. But then they did give us a bush to woohoo in...

Surely the pool guy couldn't be any more scandalous than Grimmy or Vlad?