Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,654 Member
    @mightysprite <insert big hug here>
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    :blush: one for you too!
    gen3-banner.png
    I've spent a chunk of my afternoon researching how book deals work so that I can get to work on the next episode. It's been interesting and enlightening, not that I'm going to rush out and become an author. But it has given me some ideas for how the ladies get back at Faith.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I've spent a chunk of my afternoon researching how book deals work so that I can get to work on the next episode. It's been interesting and enlightening, not that I'm going to rush out and become an author. But it has given me some ideas for how the ladies get back at Faith.

Research is all about the Writer's life. Can't write what you know, if you don't know the stuff, correct?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member

Research is all about the Writer's life. Can't write what you know, if you don't know the stuff, correct?

This is also why one should never look closely at the browser history of writers... Why is this person searching for Italian colloquialisms, a general overview of the Mafia, European high school customs and Polynesian folklore about mermaids? :)
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    @GalacticGal That is so true. If my story was entirely set in a fantasy world with no parallels to the real world I wouldn't feel as much need for that. Even though this is fiction it has a certain level of realism and I love to be as accurate as I can be with the little details.

@luciusstorm Don't I know it. I have all kinds of searches for popular girl's or boys names from this country or that. Same thing with common surnames, among other things that would have people scratching their heads asking 'Why did she want to know that?'🤣
    Speaking of the next episode, it will feature not only Londyn and Danielle's take down of Faith, but Liberty, Allegra, and Francesca having a girl's day out in the shops of Tartosa. Get ready for some surprises from that trip.

This is also why one should never look closely at the browser history of writers... Why is this person searching for Italian colloquialisms, a general overview of the Mafia, European high school customs and Polynesian folklore about mermaids? :)

Yeah, I'm surprised I haven't been arrested, yet. LOL I have looked up guns, parts of guns, etc. Mostly flintlocks, but you know. The 18th century was a very interesting time period.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member

Im not a writer, but oh so often I have looked something up from Wikipedia , lets say Polar Bears.. how in earth i have ended up with simply clicking links only , in that same session reading about Marie Antoinette.. :D

on topic, I really hope Faith gets what she deserves.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    It took me a while, but I'm mostly caught up. <3
    You're so good at romance and your couples are so sweet. It's not a genre I normally deal with, so I'm impressed by how well you pull on your readers' heartstrings in that way. I loved all the wedding bits. The screenshot of Liberty saying that she found a ring Matteo had been preparing for her right after the honeymoon shots for Danielle and Londyn was perfect.

Now that the honeymoon is over, I'm happy to see Danielle and Londyn progressing in their careers, except, of course, Danielle is being punished for wanting to publish sapphic novels. ☹ I'm glad that Londyn is there for her and to help her fight back. Far too often people in marginalized positions don't have enough leverage to do anything. They have to get paid to live and/or support their families, so they would have to apologize to Faith and then promise to right two hetero romances. If they were lucky, they could try to convince her that a sapphic romance would be great for business because of X, Y, Z … and beg that couldn’t they please do it if the two stories are great hits. It's nice when there's someone with relative privilege who can just say no, stand up for what's right, and opt out of playing those games because they can afford to take the hits.
    haneul wrote: »
    It took me a while, but I'm mostly caught up. <3
    You're so good at romance and your couples are so sweet. It's not a genre I normally deal with, so I'm impressed by how well you pull on your readers' heartstrings in that way. I loved all the wedding bits. The screenshot of Liberty saying that she found a ring Matteo had been preparing for her right after the honeymoon shots for Danielle and Londyn was perfect.

Now that the honeymoon is over, I'm happy to see Danielle and Londyn progressing in their careers, except, of course, Danielle is being punished for wanting to publish sapphic novels. ☹ I'm glad that Londyn is there for her and to help her fight back. Far too often people in marginalized positions don't have enough leverage to do anything. They have to get paid to live and/or support their families, so they would have to apologize to Faith and then promise to right two hetero romances. If they were lucky, they could try to convince her that a sapphic romance would be great for business because of X, Y, Z … and beg that couldn’t they please do it if the two stories are great hits. It's nice when there's someone with relative privilege who can just say no, stand up for what's right, and opt out of playing those games because they can afford to take the hits.

Thank you so much for those lovely words and sentiments.❤️ This being my first time doing anything like this, and coming from another writer means the world to me. It is very uplifting and inspiring to know that people are feeling a connection to the story and the characters.
    I am a hopeless romantic. I love reading and writing about...love. It's the most wonderful of emotions that sometimes feels like its in such short supply anymore. It's easier to write for me because it comes from the heart, and with Danielle there is a connection because as a character she's been with me for years now, through all kinds of stories.

Matteo popped the question just as I was thinking about stepping in and having him propose. He and Liberty are a big part of the group of friends and are very tight with Londyn and Danielle. I thought about having them quiz him on where their relationship was at, and was he ready to propose. I was thinking maybe the three of them hatch a plan to allow Matteo to surprise Liberty during the reception after Londyn and Danielle had cut the cake and had their first dance. I decided to go the with something that had more of a personal connection to his past.

Londyn has become something far more than I ever imagined. She really has this special magic to her. She had always known from the first time she ever had romantic feelings about anyone that she was a lesbian. She's dealt with people like Faith all of her life. Her own mother was once like that once. That was until Ebony realized her daughter was not a freak, she was a beautiful soul who just happened to love other women. Even though it hasn't come up in the story, there is still the obvious fact that Londyn has also dealt with racism. She's had to deal with hatred on two fronts her entire life. She's no stranger to it unfortunately. Danielle on the other hand has led an idyllic life. She's white so racism was only something she saw when somebody directed it at her friend Liberty. Danielle and Summer were always there for Liberty and stood up to those who came after their friend. But it's one thing to witness hate when it happen to another, it's something else when you are the target.

Londyn knew what Danielle might hear and be confronted by when she talked to Faith, that's why she wanted to be in the room but out of sight. Londyn wanted to be there not so much to defend Danielle as much as comfort her. She wanted to be there to wrap Danielle in her love and pick her up. She knew that Danielle had no idea what it would be like because she remembered how she felt the first time she was the victim. I think you guys will like the way this all comes back around to blow up in Faith's face. The ladies found something in Danielle's book deal that puts them in the drivers seat and backs Faith into a corner she has no way out of that she's going to like as they are going to make abundantly clear.
    I'm in the unusual position of having all the dialogue written for the next episode and I just need to get some shots to go along with. I had an idea come to me and the next thing I know I had written the entire episode. Bear with me and the new one will be ready after lunch. You are going to love the takedown.
    edited August 2023
    Chapter Twenty Eight

In the days that followed Danielle's encounter with Faith, Londyn focused her attention on helping her wife sort through her thoughts and emotions. There was plenty of time to deal with the details of Danielle's book deal later. This was her first time being confronted about her sexuality. She wasn’t naive, and she knew it was going to happen sooner or later. She had reason to believe Faith was harboring those thoughts even before the video conference. Still, it was shocking and upsetting.
    P5dSWDF.png
    TCN3jAE.png

After a couple of days they got down to the business of sorting through the details of the book deal. Danielle explained how things usually work as they went through all the legalese. Londyn’s keen eye spotted something beyond the fact that nothing in the deal specified heterosexual romance novels only. She had some more questions for Danielle who filled in the needed details.
    ”I think I've found a way we can get her hon. Where do you go to track your book sales?” Londyn asked.

“SimReads uses Nielsim and we’re given a quarterly report which is also broken down into month by month sales for the three months in that quarter. The report gives sales by region as well. The new report is being put together right now or it may be done already and waiting to be sent", Danielle explained, "I have my previous reports saved in pdf's on the silver thumb drive on the desk by the computer."

"Let's take a look." Londyn said.
    nasgf95.png

Danielle retrieved the drive and handed it to Londyn who inserted it in her laptop. After several minutes of trying to decipher the information on the screen, Londyn turned and asked Danielle, "You say you expect the next quarterly report next week? Because I would love to see that right now. I think I can see where the trend started", Londyn said as her figure traced across the screen, "Look right here. That was "Want You So Bad"?

"Yes it was, 'Want You' was the third book after I started writing what was truly in my heart."
    e7PAZYS.png

"I think we both know what this new report is going to show, or should, if Faith didn't try to manipulate the data. I don't think she's as smart as she likes to think. If it does show us what I think it will, we have her." Londyn said as her lips started curl into a satisfied smile. "The stake in that vampire's heart is right here in the section of your contract about 'Rights Reversion'. See what it says here..."
    kVPffxz.png

"Ohhh my God. Baby you are an angel." Danielle said as she leaned over Londyn's shoulder and kissed her cheek.

"I think," Londyn said, "that's what you call, checkmate."

Danielle had been right and the latest quarterly report landed in her inbox four days later. She and Londyn gathered around the computer anticipating the evidence they needed to ruin Faith's day and set Danielle free to pursue a new deal with a publisher that will embrace whatever she writes. It was right there, plain as day. The trend had not only continued but accelerated and had clearly placed Danielle in total control of the situation. The die was cast and Faith's day of reckoning was here.
    "Hello Lori, its Danielle Huntley, I need to have a meeting with Faith. Can you set one up for me, asap dear?"
    6ToSfoN.png

"I can try Danielle, but right now you are," Lori lowered her voice to a whisper and said, "the dragon lady's least favorite person on earth. Are you sure you want to meet face to face?" After speaking the phrase 'Dragon Lady', Lori couldn't take her eyes off of Faith's office door. Her breath seemed to catch in her throat as she anticipated the door being flung open and a raging Faith Middleton to emerge. Lori could almost picture her boss having super-hearing and there was no way she hadn't heard her nickname.

"Are you telling me you think she would get physical with me?"

"Not exactly...but...I don't know...I haven't seen her that mad before." Lori was completely flustered and wanted to be a long way from here right about now. "I've only been here six months, but there are stories about her temper. Frankly I'm scared of her and when I find another job I'm out of here."

"I'll take my chances. I want to see her face when I say what I have to say."

Londyn had been nearby and overheard Danielle's end of the exchange and the odd bit of Lori's. She motioned for the phone which Danielle passed to her. "Lori, this is Danielle's wife, Londyn. Can you please give us an hour or so, I would like to talk to Danielle before we set up this meeting."
    UJCN9ot.png

"Of course! Wow, when I came in to work today I never could have imagined I'd get to talk to Londyn Huntley!", Lori said, slightly losing her professional composure and brightening up at the same time.

"You are very sweet and I'm happy I could make your day a little brighter. It sounds like you could use all the bright days you can get. Danielle will get back with you shortly. Thank you Lori."

Londyn took Danielle's hand and led her out to their cute little umbrella table to enjoy the fresh Tartosa air while they talked about how to handle the meeting with Faith. The gentle, salty sea breeze and lovely warm weather were a contrast to the cold hard subject that was being discussed. "Hon, I know you want to stick it to Faith. Lord knows I understand the urge. Let's keep in mind what we've heard from others about her. You remember what her last secretary Chrissy said? That the knick knacks in Faith's office rack up frequent flyer miles every time she gets angry."

"I don't want her to feel like she can intimidate me. I don't want to feel like a coward." Danielle said with a mixture of defiance and uncertainty. Part of her wanted to slam that contract down on Faith's desk and jab her finger into the page right where her leverage would be on full display. The rational part of her knew that was not the way to handle this, but her pain at being treated like she had was still raw and real.

"You, my girl, are no coward." Londyn said while lovingly gripping Danielle's nearest hand. "It doesn't matter if she feels like she has you scared. We know better and what good would it do if she clonks you up side the head with a stapler or something in a fit of rage. From what we've learned it's clear she has major anger issues. Take it from someone who's been here before, you'll still get a great sense of satisfaction from seeing the look on her face even on a computer screen. And it comes with a no concussion guarantee. If my guess is right even after we show her our evidence she's going to take this to court. You'll get a chance then to see her face when she hears the judgment go against her, which the experts we've talked to all say it will. That is a legally binding contract, even if the clerk made one whopper of a typo. It was signed and filed and it's binding. Faith can scream and stomp her feet all she likes and say the wording is incorrect, but it won't change a thing. When you confront her now, she's still going to think she's won."

As Londyn finished, Danielle stood up gently hauling her soulmate with her. She stepped in close and whispered in Londyn's ear, "That mind of yours is just one of the million things I love about you baby. You have this inner calm and you always seem to see the big picture. While I go and call Lori back," Danielle says as she begins to trace her finger gently along Londyn's cheek and down her neck. "You can grab a towel and I'll meet you in the shower to say...thank you."
    Hve1Ca1.png

Danielle punctuated the words 'thank you' with a kiss to curl Londyn's toes.
    EfuA4Vy.png

After Danielle released her lip lock, Londyn said, "Do us both a favor. Next time hire a literary agent hon!"

Not only was Faith about to learn that Danielle had her over a barrel with their book deal but she and Londyn had reached out through the writer community and to former employees to talk to others who had felt Faith's wrath. You can only bully people for so long until they say enough, or you meet the one who won't be bullied. That information would be shared widely among the novelist community and then they could make their own informed decisions whether or not to continue doing business with Faith's publishing house. Her reputation wasn't exactly a secret but the true extent of how nasty she could be was. She had mistreated LGBTQ writers, straight writers, and many current and former employees had not been spared either. She was simply put a mean and nasty person. Maybe this would lead to introspection and a change of heart, but that wasn't anything Danielle and Londyn were concerned about. Faith made her own bed, now it was time to pull back the covers, climb in, and have a little lie down in it.
    "Good morning Faith! I trust your day is off to a lovely start."
    Os30npO.png

"You." Faith said with a scorn that could slice through steel. "What do you want? Did you come back to grovel and beg me to reconsider my decision?"
    HEzznH5.png

"Oh no. Nothing like that Faith. Nothing like that at all. I just want to inform you that effective immediately, are dealings are done. You will be releasing me from my contract today. If not feel free to sue me for breach of contract because I will do the same to you. And trust me dear, you don't have a leg to stand on. I also expect documentation as soon as possible stating that I now own full publishing rights to every one of the books I have submitted to you and that you relinquish the same in perpetuity."
    LCTj2dN.png

"Why you little witch! You think you have me, ME!!, for breach of contract!?!? You really are stupid."
    o5DwziX.png

"Faith, such language from a charmer like you. I have to admit you're cute when you're angry. Why if I wasn't married...rawr."
    VxRVshX.png

"Are you making a pass at me? You freak. This call is over!"
    FeP8Rrq.png

"Oh Faith, you understand sarcasm about as well as you understand our contract. Now that I have your attention, I have two words for you, 'Rights Reversion'. Now, get your hand off that mouse, shut up, and pay attention and I will try to explain this so even you can understand."
    WYNHtSY.png

"You have some nerve you slimy little...Arggh! What would an idiot like you know about Rights Reversion?"
    ZqCZDra.png

"A lot more than you my dear. Let me explain them to you as they pertain to our deal. You see there is the usual stipulation that if my book sales dip below a certain threshold I have the right to reclaim the publishing rights to my books. Now the standard is usually if a book generates less than $500 dollars a month for 12 consecutive months I have the right to take back full publishing rights to that book or you may exercise the option and decline to continue publishing the under performing title. That was the terms we agreed to verbally. Now if you will look closely at the wording in the Rights Reversion clause of my contract you will notice we both missed what it actually said. Apparently we both lacked good proofreading skills that day. Great for me, really really bad for you. The clause actually says if any one of my books sells less than $1,000 a month, gross, for three consecutive months I have the right to claim full publishing rights to all titles published by you, not just the underperforming title. All. Of. Them. Faith. Oh, cheer up Faith, I'm getting to the good part. You're going to lllllove this part sweetheart. You've handed me back my full publishing rights to all of my books and voided our contract. You see, 'Meant To Be' and 'Love On The Run' have performed far below that level for the length of time stipulated in the contract. I own the publishing rights to all of my books even those red hot titles like 'Love Of A Lifetime' and 'Love Me For All Time'. Yes sweetie, kiss those golden gooses goodbye.
    2Jsnv63.png

"I'm still going to sue you for breach of contract for changing the style of novel you write." Faith said in an absolute rage.
    zopHfuh.png

"No you're not. If you do it's a foolish waste of time. Once again, you haven't been as smart as you think and I'm not going to submit to your bullying like others have. You will recall, we never discussed a theme for my books beyond them being romance novels. We never discussed any stipulation that they had to be heterosexual romances. If you'll look closely at the contract you will see where it didn't include any mention whatsoever of any theme, romance or otherwise. I could have written children's books, travelogues, or sci-fi. It would have all been fulfilling the deal. And I know what's coming next. See, my wife and I aren't stupid, we also checked all internet domains that SimReads has any degree of control over and on none of them, none Faith, does it say that SimReads only publishes content that is heterosexual only. So you can take the thought I see forming in your head and let fly away like a ballon that hasn't been tied shut. If you still persist in taking this to court you will be countersued for all of my legal bills, lost income, and infliction of mental anguish.
    RsI42Nk.png

You are done Faith. And not just done with me, but done period. While Londyn and I were looking into this matter we made contact with, and also heard from, authors and employees who have dealt with you in the past. The same people you threatened, bullied, and even had ostracized from the business. They are tired of bowing to you and they are ready to come forward and tell the world who really you are. I don't know what the future holds for you but you would be wise to prepare for a storm. I hope that when its over you will have learned the price of treating people like dirt and that you have a change of heart, but I'm not sure you have it in you. Goodbye.
    e1AZhd8.png
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    @DaniRose2143

That

Was

Awesome!
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    I took a couple of liberties with the language of Danielle's book deal. Even with my research I couldn't find any real information about how a writer can track their sales unless they're self-published which she isn't. I took the things I did learn and spun them together to make my own system for her. Same thing to a lesser degree with the threshold for Rights Reversion. Every contract has different terms naturally but I took a few examples and create Danielle's clause.
    @luciusstorm Thank you so much.❤️ I had a lot of fun writing this one up.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    Haha, there you get what you deserved, Faith :p

I have to say im very impressed how you managed to trap just right facial impressions for the dialogues , very well done! <3

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    edited November 2022
    @Ellupelluellu I set Danielle and Faith up to each do a generic chat and cheated Faith's emotions to get those expressions. From there it was just watching and pausing and clicking 'c'. I had quite a few pictures that I uploaded to my Imgur that were never used to dig through.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to say thank you for your kind words.😊
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    My heart is pounding! 😄 That was riveting. I have the feeling we've seen the last of Faith but I'd really love to read about the after effects. How the mighty have fallen.
    @simgirl1010 Thank you! Faith's story arc is over. I might flip a coin some time and see if she learned from this or not. Now Danielle needs to find a literary agent and a new publisher. With the success of her first novels that Faith was still promoting and the reviews by the few critics who were able to review her newer books, she'll have no shortage of publishers lining up to work with her. Her agent will help her avoid another bad experience like this. She's wiser for having gone through this, and blessed to have Londyn by her side too.🥰
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    edited November 2022
    @DaniRose2143
    I love this so much! Now for a better publishing deal for Danielle! As for Faith, I’m glad to see that she also suffers some reputational damage and doesn’t just lose an author. Danielle should be careful though. Typos aren’t enforceable, so the intention of the parties is more important than the written text when it comes to contract interpretation in court. But Faith doesn’t know that so … B)
    @haneul Thank you very much.❤️ I'm happy you enjoyed this chapter so much. It was one of my absolute favorites to write.
    The legality of typos is interesting and I guessed at it, part of the creative liberties. I assumed the language as written was binding unless it was an outrageous mistake, like the threshold of sales was typed as $100,000 instead of $1,000. In my writers mind, Faith just wants Danielle to go away. Faith sees that she can't intimidate Danielle like she has others and the threat word of her actions will have when it gets out causes her to choose to cut her losses and focus on damage control. She could choose to fight to hang on to the books that Danielle wrote that make her loads of money and risk everything. If the fallout of people coming forward about her abusive behavior has really negative effects on her business she could lose everything including Danielle's books. Sacrifice that handful of books, appease the remaining authors and try to move forward. In the real world a vindictive person like Faith would probably choose to fight on both fronts, but I never intended Faith's arc to last more then a chapter or two. I have more than enough storylines and characters at the moment. Danielle's new agent and publisher may make appearances but they would be like Liberty's boss Shantel, not very often and just for a scene or two in that chapter.
    I took a couple of liberties with the language of Danielle's book deal. Even with my research I couldn't find any real information about how a writer can track their sales unless they're self-published which she isn't. I took the things I did learn and spun them together to make my own system for her. Same thing to a lesser degree with the threshold for Rights Reversion. Every contract has different terms naturally but I took a few examples and create Danielle's clause.

Liberty or not, you sold it very well. I did look up the phrase Rights Reversion, as I hadn't heard of that one before. All-in-all, this was a great chapter.
    edited August 2023
    Chapter Twenty Nine

Time passed after Allegra and Liberty teamed up to get Matteo to set aside his shame over his actions and go see their parents. Their mother Francesca especially wanted to see and hug Matteo instead of talking him by phone.

"Matteo! Matteo! I've missed you so much! I just want to hug you and hold you forever. I've been dreaming of this day, when my bambino would find his way back to me." Francesca said as a smile split her face and the tears welled.

"I missed you too mamma. I'm so sorry for everything I put you all through. I'm even more ashamed that I couldn't face you and papà. I thought I had messed up so badly I just couldn't face you and papà. You never held our mistakes against us before, Allegra and I. You taught us the lessons we needed to learn from those mistakes and we always moved on." Matteo said through tears of his own.

"It's ok Matteo. None of that matters. It didn't matter then and it doesn't now. The important thing is we are a family again."
    GMLzPy1.png

It was such a happy time, the Rossi family was whole for the first time in years. With everyone back together again the family villa felt like home. It was time to make really make Liberty feel a part of the family, even though this wasn't her first visit to see her future mother and father-in-law. Francesca had reached out to Liberty during one of the phone calls with Matteo and told her how to find the Rossi's villa. She was welcome anytime and didn't need to wait on Matteo to find the strength to look his parents in the eye. His fears were unfounded, there was no questions or reservations about his actions. Just joy that he was back. They quickly settled back into the routines Matteo remembered and that Liberty was learning. The Rossi's love to talk and the living room was second only to the kitchen as the most important room in the villa.
    ewT1GWt.png
    Allegra was able to extend her visit to two weeks instead of just 3 days. That gave everyone more time to get to know Liberty better and to bask in the love that was always at the heart of the Rossi household. Francesca and Allegra were both smitten with Liberty. They come from different worlds, vastly different backgrounds, but they could sit and talk about anything for hours.
    EcUfUA0.png
    6LMVRpQ.png

The last few months had brought a lot of changes to Liberty's life. Just over a year ago she was still living in Willow Creek with her friends, Danielle, Summer, and Travis and she was dreaming of being an astronaut. She was still the innocent, childlike, tomboyish Liberty. Willow Creek is now in her past, as are her dreams of space. Now she works as an investigator for S.I.M.S. and has her own office. She's engaged to the most handsome she could ever picture in her wildest, steamiest dreams. Together they've discovered each other and themselves in the most personal of ways. All the things she remembered Danielle and Summer talking about and doing are now front and center in her mind. Liberty looked up and realized she had become a full grown woman. The tomboy she thought she'd always be was gone and she was happy to wave goodbye. Now to lean on her circle of girlfriends to help her finish the transformation.

"I was thinking how much fun it would be to have...what you call lunch together tomorrow at Celebrazioni." Allegra said as she reached for her glass of wine. "Then we can let the men go do whatever it is men do and we can have a girl's day out."
    5hHb9k7.png
    "That sounds wonderful Allegra" Liberty replied. She has been wanting to learn Simtalian and she seized the opening. "You were searching for the Simlish word 'lunch', so what is the Simtalian word for the midday meal"

"We call it 'pranzo'. What you call breakfast, we call 'colazione'. Your supper is what we call 'cena'" Allegra said then added, "I love that you are embracing our home, your new home. It is such a wonderful place and I miss it terribly. Windenburg is nice, but I dream of the day when I can come back to Tartosa and sing opera."

"I know what you mean about Tartosa. Willow Creek is special to me, but I can't imagine ever going back. Not to live anyway. Tartosa is where I want to spend the rest of my life. Right here in this little corner of paradise with Matteo."

Allegra nursed her Avornalino as she looked out over the ocean from her perch on Matteo’s veranda. “My brother has always been lucky, but never more than when he found you”

“I feel like I’m the lucky one for finding him. And the friend we have to thank for bringing us together is right down there in that little villa, Danielle Huntley,” Liberty said as she saluted with her wine glass. Liberty and Allegra were now climbing the stairs to the upper veranda and the comfy love seat by the aquarium. “I have my other friend from back home, Summer Holiday, to thank as well. I had come here on vacation to see them. Summer wanted to take me shopping for a dress for going partying. I also forgot my swimsuit so she talked me into getting this gorgeous bikini, then she and Danielle said we needed to head to the bay to christen it.” Liberty could feel the wistful look forming on her face as her mind drifted back to that day.
    XOZFagU.png

“That’s when you met Matteo, wasn’t it?”

“Yes. I know now Matteo had been friends with Danielle for a while before that. I sometimes wonder if Danielle and Summer had planned that meeting before they even mentioned taking me shopping.”

“Remind me to thank them. Without them…oh why waste precious time wondering what might have been otherwise. Let’s toast what is!” Allegra raised her glass and the veranda rang to the sound of crystal on crystal. “So cara(dear), what would you like to do tomorrow on our girls day out?”

“Clothes shopping. I look at you and Francesca and I would love to have a bit of your style. My friends are even picking up their style game. I’m tired of the tomboy look.”

“Mamma and I can help, but cara, you don’t have to be fancy to be a Rossi. It helps, but it isn’t mandatory. You’re not saying you want to do this just to fit in?”

“No. I really want to look like who I am, a full grown woman. Not some tomboy. As a child and a teen that was who I was. I was more interested in video games than clothes, hair, and makeup. I was interested in those things, just not as much. Working in my office, we’re expected to look polished and professional. Once I started dressing like that for work the tomboy spell was broken. I really liked what I saw in the mirror when I was done getting ready. I felt pretty, mature, and fierce. That’s who I am now and I want my wardrobe to reflect the new me.”

"Never fear, you are in good hands."

The following day the group headed off to Celebrazioni. The plans changed quickly once they arrived. It was clear to Davide and Matteo the day was going to get properly girly so they decided to grab a drink and then go about their male bonding adventures. They agreed to meet back here that evening. Francesca was running a bit late but said she would meet the ladies at the one place she and Allegra instantly thought of during their phone conversation last night...

"Galleria Bianca De Luca" they had said in perfect unison.

Allegra and Liberty weren't going to let the sudden change of plans dampen their spirits. They talked about life, love, and Gucci. To Allegra love and Gucci were almost interchangeable terms.
    9hK8uB3.png
    Liberty ordered a round of Grappo before they headed off to meet Francesca.

"To you, my sister! Saluti!" Allegra offered and toasted
    nDVMUEM.png

jn9TlYO.png

"That was a lovely toast and a lovely vino" Liberty enthused

"Whoever bottled that and called it wine should be tried for crimes against humanity"
    GSjogux.png

"I need to introduce you to proper Grappo, cara."

A short time later....

"This is the 'Galleria Bianca De Luca'" Francesca gushed. "Bianca can do anything you like and you will love her work. How far are you willing to go for a new look? Just some new outfits? Some new makeup too? What about your hair? Do you want to change that too?

"All of it. I want to unleash the new Liberty Rossi."

"Allegra asked you this last night and I'll ask you again. You're not doing this because you think you have to be a part of our family? We love you just as you are. To us you are a Rossi already"

"I want to do this for me."

"Well then, let's go meet the new Liberty Rossi"
    29oM74w.png

"Child," said Francesca, "you look stunning!"
    t9LAAR0.png

"Which dress are you going to wear to your unveiling?" Allegra asked.

"The red one. Definitely red. I can't wait to show Matteo and my friends the new me!"
    xkbaFpv.png

"Bianca wanted to get some shots of you in your new outfits. Best not to keep her waiting. We're running out of time before we need to have you in that red number and over to Celebrazioni. We want everybody to see you before they have too much vino"

The photoshoot, minus the red dress...
    y5BEdD2.png
    WN2M12K.png?1
    HpdrYLf.png
    KxRDXdl.png

This one pops in the wide shot...
    AwzCqsR.png
    Agi3PcR.png
    BPVy38t.png
    yWbQOMX.png
    v3gKf7Y.png
    1ydLak9.png
    Sklcs6v.png
    eghQY6M.png
    Yp6EvYl.png

There are a lot more I didn't get photos of. All of her really casual outfits are now under the hot weather tag. Her everyday outfits are kind of, business casual.

"I think it's time when get this stunning child over to Celebrazioni." Francesca said, realizing time was getting away from them.

"I cannot wait to see the look on Matteo's face." Allegra said. "She's going to leave his jaw on the floor."
    Um824a2.png
    "Ladies and gentleman, it is my privilege to introduce the new Liberty Rossi..."
    EAaokAY.png

"Liberty?! Oh my god!" was all Danielle could say.

"I always knew you were the prettiest out of all of us, girl" Summer chimed in.

"Are you sure you want to be a secret agent? 'Cause girlfriend I know some agents who work with supermodels. I mean that too." said Londyn.

"You haven't said anything yet babe. Do you like what you see?"
    rRznFu2.png

"Liberty, you will always be the most beautiful woman I have ever seen."
    GfZfWTn.png

"Yes, I love what I see very much."
    JDTcUu7.png

"I hope your not going to get mad at me if I smear your lipstick..."
    "You can't silly, it's smudgeproof. Now shut up and kiss me."
    6P0FkpN.png
    I've done thousands of sims makeovers, but this is by far the most unique. I've never done one and made an entire story out of it. This has been coming though. I've been thinking about this for a couple of months. Liberty has changed and evolved more than any other character so far. When I had her join the secret agent career I started wondering if this day might come. As she's advanced in her career and got engaged I felt like it was inevitable, she just wasn't tomboy Liberty anymore.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top