Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I've been busy too. The first two shows went well. Next weekend we have three to do.

In the meantime I'm working on my Perfect Genetics Challenge.

I have 57 sims living in Mountain Lake now. 30 of them are townies from Moonlight Falls.

The townies I moved to Mountain Lake are: Beatrice Crumplebottom, Bianca Crumplebottom, Rainflower Ivy, Annalove Ivy, Daydream Ivy, Peanut Ivy, Norman Ivy, Doreen Caliente, Rick Durwood, Serena Durwood, Zoe Durwood, Zack Durwood, Flint MacDuff, Joanie MacDuff, Faith MacDuff, Felicity MacDuff, Nicholaus MacDuff, Belinda Crumplebottom-Harris, Malcolm Crumplebottom-Harris, Saul Crumplebottom-Harris, Jane Crumplebottom-Harris, Donna Crumplebottom-Harris, Aaron Crumplebottom-Harris, Dayvid Rodgers-Musgrave, Lynda Rodgers-Musgrave,
    Sophie Rodgers-Musgrave, Stephen Rodgers-Musgrave, Jessica Rodgers-Musgrave, and Branch Timberley.

Most of them will be known to anyone who has the Supernatural Expansion installed as they are all from Moonlight Falls. I just picked some random households with a few sims in them. Some of the sims have been married by the game during the time I've been playing this challenge. You can see who they are by their hyphenated names. Sophie Rodgers is still a teen so she got the extra added to her name when her mother married a vampire and she now has a pair of vampire toddler half siblings. The world previously had only fairies, plant sims and human sims living in it, but now witches and vampires have been added.

I have a few other worlds set up for this game once Mountain Lake is full. I might leave Mountain Lake as it is for now as I might want to send some family members of the main family there at some point. Other worlds I've got set up are: Crystaline Cove, Stone Shields, Vargfyll and Vice City. Each of the extra worlds has been set up with only one sim I placed there from my library.

It took me a few days to send all of the sims to Mountain Lake from Moonlight Falls. Not because I played them. I settled them in and emptied their inventories. It took a really long time to empty their inventories as some of them had hundreds of items in their inventories. No wonder I was having problems saving the game.

Now I'm about to start working through all of the sims remaining in Moonlight Falls to empty their inventories. And I'll add them to my spreadsheet I'm setting up so I'll know where everyone is. I expect this process will take me a few days to complete. Then I'll be able to find out if Cindy has an heir. She had another set of twins but they are still babies. I won't see them as toddlers until I've completed fixing inventories and adding townies to my spreadsheet.

I discovered Faith McDuff in an interesting position when I went to move her from the Base Camp in Mountain Lake.

Faith-Mc-Duff.jpg

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Karritz: Hello. Hope your play is going well.

@GraceyManor: Hello.

@emorrill: Hello.

@KevinL5275: Hello. Cool about the ghost.

@lisasc360: Hello. How are you doing?

@Emily4331: Hello. Did you watch WWE Survior Series WarGames last night? :)

@texansky: Hello.

@bekkasan: Hello.

@Nikkei_Simmer: Hello.

@Brandontaylor: Hello.

@all: Sorry if I missed anybody. Thanks for letting me read/comment on your pictures/stories/videos.
    :) Smile!

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited November 2022
    The entire sims collection was on sale for 66.00 and the base game 19 on steam. I couldn't pass it up.
    Ended up being 86.00 instead of 160.00 for all of it. I wanna get rid of the origin client.The only downside I won't have my Sweet treats pack as I lost the code for it. And my limited edition stuff.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    River with "Da Bomb" hair by Nightcrawler, no makeup, teen and skin by Kurasoberina.
    ME26fD8.jpg
    vHN2vNw.jpg
    The makings of "my River..." :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Puddinroy Hi! I did! I thought it was really great show. :smiley:
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    The entire sims collection was on sale for 66.00 and the base game 19 on steam. I couldn't pass it up.
    Ended up being 86.00 instead of 160.00 for all of it. I wanna get rid of the origin client.The only downside I won't have my Sweet treats pack as I lost the code for it. And my limited edition stuff.

Can you get store content with steam sims3?

And what happened in my completely offline legacy origin sims3 game today was, my genie ensorceled a visiting alien, got her galaxa space car, and when she left, he had one sweet ride for his role as getaway driver in his criminal career.

I named him Ali Baba and his life time wish os to become a Master Thief. 😄

He has a cat, Aladdin, but he seems to have selective amnesia and keeps investigating strange sim on Ali Baba even though they are friends.

I wonder if that started after Ali Baba got turned into the Tragic Clown by the Tardis. He's back to a genie but the cat still keeps reacting to him as a strange sim.

It's ok. The cat is independent and won't live very long especially in genie lifespan terms. There will be time for other animal companions after this one. It's like 50 First Dates, but with a pet.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg

You can.I just transfered all my stuff over. And boy does the game run much better. :o
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member

You can.I just transfered all my stuff over. And boy does the game run much better. :o

You transferred origin sims3 store content over to a new steam sims3 account? How? I would love to do the same.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited November 2022
    Really? The game used Lotta as the kissing booth attendant. And gave her pigtails!!! Hahahahahaha

Poor Mark, he really has to work hard now. She is playing hard to get.

(The streaks in the picture is because it is raining)

52528802675_9cc61c9c8a_c.jpg

I have to wait until the festival lot closes at 9pm before he can ask her out on a date now.
    Post edited by KevinL5275 on
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    edited November 2022

You transferred origin sims3 store content over to a new steam sims3 account? How? I would love to do the same.

No, my sims 3 folders. I didn't have to reinstall anything..All your store items stay on thesims3.com
    You still get a regular sims 3 launcher so you can download stuff.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Their first real date, at the Butterfly Plaza in Bridgeport. Aren't they soooo cute? <3

52529040738_4de2108fd3_c.jpg

52529040638_856419e786_c.jpg
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Waves at @Puddinroy... :) I'm doing fine. Real life got a bit hectic a couple months ago because after the hubby got out of the hospital for his pancreatitis and went back to work, about a week and a half later he was back at the hospital. Only this time he had a small heart attack and needed to be flown to a bigger hospital so he could get a stent put in as he had a 90% blocked artery but luckily enough he has no damage done to the heart. So now he's watching what he's eating and going to cardiac rehab twice a week as well as taking blood thinners for about a year. Other than that, everything else has been good... :)

Great updates everyone... :)

@emorrill, can't wait to see what Christmas story you come up with this year... :)
    Apparently my transferred folder corrupted while moving. I had to redownload store items. And the launcher is telling me I don't own half my stuff.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    Played a random save in Glenvale County last night. The town only has its community lots and I have one couple living there. They got a little shack on the property and make money by gardening, painting, and fishing. Their house resembles the Shotgun home in Sunset Valley for now, mostly because I can’t build things well. I couldn’t find any gem spawners around so I couldn’t do collecting but that makes it a bit too easy at times.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    Gonna be putting PosePlayer back in...soon. But here's a start to the "holiday" season. ~evil smirk~

Merry "Snowy Day" from River and Haruo.
    j4Pdgoy.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    For the last few days I've been gradually cleaning up and recording the population of Moonlight Falls. This is the Perfect Genetics Challenge game. The game is on Week 17 Day 1.

I need to add all of the sims in the world into my spreadsheet. I'm just adding the names, ages and addresses of the townies. Plus their LTW (if they have one) and age and names of mother and father.

In the process I'm finding out where they live and fixing things. Most time consuming part of it is emptying their inventories. Some have extremely full inventories and others have nothing much. I like the ones that have nothing much. The gardeners are the worst with all those harvestables. Fisher sims come next as they tend to accumulate lots of fish. But nothing anywhere near the harvestables of sims who like to garden.

It looks like I'm almost through the entire population and the game is now saving much better. I haven't had an Error 12 for days now. Reducing the population and emptying the remaining population inventories seems to have done the trick. I'll just finish off the last few and get back to the challenge. I still have to find out if Cindy has an heir yet.

One thing I've noticed is several of the households have new babies. I'm thinking the game might be trying to compensate for the number of sims I moved out of the world. I'll probably have to go through this process again when Cindy's heir takes over.

Happy Simming all.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    Apparently my transferred folder corrupted while moving. I had to redownload store items. And the launcher is telling me I don't own half my stuff.

That has happened to me. Just wait a few second and hit download again and it might go.

I've been redownloading my Store Stuff although I must have 2 or 3 backups.
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited November 2022
    Simselves 4.7

Week 4, Tuesday, part 1

I moved some new Simselves into the game in September, but I haven't played the game since that time. Sorry it took me so long, @Silverofdreams30

@Silverofdreams30 created Adam Moon and his two cats, Oliver and Gizmo. She also created a fairy named Dedric George. I put all four into a single household called Best Mates.

Adam Moon had the same hairstyle as @Nikkei_Simmer simself and since Adam Moon sounds like an anime character, I decided to give him a curly messy hairdo.

Meet Adam Moon!
    c4e74b_8c2117d4afc6497ca2ab428745b40efa~mv2.jpg

Meet Dedric George!
    c4e74b_b70f71bdcf474c59ac2187de05656085~mv2.jpg

Since the other Simselves in this game are reaching the adult stage of their lives, I aged Adam and Dedric up to adults to blend in better with the current population.

Strangely, Adam only had a single trait: Neat, so I rolled him new ones.

Adam: Virtuoso, Bookworm, Handy, Cat Person, Ambitious. Adam's Lifetime Wish is to become an Illustrious Writer.

Dedric: Brave, Gatherer, Handy, Green Thumb, Charismatic. Dedric's Lifetime Wish is to become Super Popular. I will let Dedric choose his own career, but he will be a gardener as well.

One of the cats was an elder and the other was an adult, so I chose to give them longer lives and changed both of them to the beginning of adulthood.

As the town has become fairly full, I moved the Best Mates onto a 50x50 lot outside of town. I dropped a 4 BR 2 BA called The Lexington onto a 50x50 lot, modified it a bit, and moved them in.

Sub-basement garden area:
    c4e74b_443eddad8a5f44a5bfe06e27cb679d9a~mv2.jpg

Basement music room:
    c4e74b_bfdb454e39dc4a1ea1e00cd520c5b6e9~mv2.jpg

Main floor:
    c4e74b_2311765d6d77401d884456ba80253569~mv2.jpg

Second floor:
    c4e74b_98729d6ce206496aa163730578b213be~mv2.jpg

Dedric is sleeping in his Fairy House in the top right. The entrance to the basement is located at the corner of the patio near the pond in the bottom center. And a dirty plate on the patio already! Is this going to be an issue, guys?
    c4e74b_fa152482742e4fbdaf953502277bd5a3~mv2.jpg

Litter box:
    c4e74b_34d1bae0ab8f4d35bf67ae5ef37e8ae3~mv2.jpg

Scratching post and cat toys:
    c4e74b_e9d291e40ca74ef08b8854722a703bfb~mv2.jpg

Gizmo eating at the cat food dispenser:
    c4e74b_29279b4f45bf4fc9b859c36f39bc989c~mv2.jpg

Cat beds:
    c4e74b_f185f6039ef94a2082d2c5f98df8b467~mv2.jpg

Adam Moon is playing chase with Oliver Moon.
    c4e74b_2c32b59e5c8b45babae9f298f355a538~mv2.jpg

Cheri Nash is now an adult.
    c4e74b_f08efaf64b4640c59066e3a324b291f3~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_e7691477f3e149ce9ddf363c8980cb95~mv2.jpg

I switched households back to Vallari Chandra so that the Simselves are totally autonomous. She is playing a racing game on the computer.
    c4e74b_f5225c54c14c4a4fa3c535dc7b4c833f~mv2.jpg

Becky Black-Tanner has just improved her writing skill to level 6.
    c4e74b_e0726d638130495db558ef5ecf0f2e96~mv2.jpg
    She must be writing a romance novel. She looks happy with her work thus far.
    c4e74b_038a8e6f41bb43ceb9ad9196ab43a8b5~mv2.jpg

Nikkei Simmer and Alouette Bird have been drifting apart lately. He is watching the stars with Honey Darnell but appears to be invisible or under the world. I reset him just after this picture. Nikkei and Honey have decided to go steady.
    c4e74b_3d481a02d6604a50b9671c9e99dacab7~mv2.jpg
    He appears to be hungry...
    c4e74b_06f33be10e8a4612b083ae0ee2ee6c40~mv2.jpg
    ...so he made waffles.
    c4e74b_444e2df718dc4ab186773f1813ccd8f1~mv2.jpg

@Silverofdreams30 - @texansky - @Charlottesmom - @Nikkei_Simmer

*Edited to add tags
    Post edited by texansky on
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited November 2022
    I have been away in another city the past week and just arrived home
    yesterday.

@texansky

How fun to see them in your game,
    have fun!
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »

@emorrill, can't wait to see what Christmas story you come up with this year... :)

^Aww, thanks lady. <3 I'm working as hard as I can to get all the pictures pulled together - it's already all written. :star: However, due to time restraints, I think I'll still be taking pictures for the chapters after I debut the first chapter. Which is only 2 days away! :mrgreen:
    DEC 1st everyone! Woop woop! 🙌🏻

@KevinL5275 I loved reading about your mission to get Lotta Greaves for your very own - well, for your guy sim. ;) Keep posting. :blush:

@GraceyManor Congrats on the Steam sale! :star: Oh no...I hope you get that all figured out with your game. :grimace:

@Nikkei_Simmer What a lovely Christmas picture of River and Haruo. <3 🎄

@texansky Hey lady! :smiley: More simselves stuff, yay!

@Brandontaylor *Waves* to you buddy. Did you survive Black Friday? :lol:

@Silverofdreams30 Glad you made it back home safe. <3 Now let's see more of your hottie guy sims. :smirk::p

Keep calm and sim on everyone! :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited November 2022
    Its been 3 days since I been trying to get my sims store items installed.
    Is anyone else having issues with the store saying items not owned.
    edited November 2022
    Its been 3 days since I been trying to get my sims store items installed.
    Is anyone else having issues with the store saying items not owned.

I just looked at the store and the buttons for store items I checked all say 'Buy Now' when they should say 'Download' for me.

EDIT:

So I had another look - if I'm logged in the buttons say 'Download'. I tried with two browsers and both of them say 'Download'. I will have a go at making a fresh sims 3 folder and see if it lets me install anything I download. It's early here and I just got my first cup of coffee for the day.

EDIT AGAIN:

I eventually got a new Sims 3 folder set up and launched the game and then the launcher. The Launcher says I don't own the item so I can't install it through the Launcher.

I don't have Origin on my computer.
    @Karritz
    So you are also having the same issue then?
    That makes me feel better(not that that's any good at all.)
    I'm almost done installing.

I don't have origin anymore either. I switched to Steam EA chat said in order to use steam I have to have origin. :D
    @Karritz

I don't have origin anymore either. I switched to Steam EA chat said in order to use steam I have to have origin. :D

I have an all disk installation. If they have changed the purchased store items so they can't be installed without having Origin or its equivalent then I suspect I may find myself no longer playing Sims 3 once I need to start installing my store content again to play the game.

The reason a lot of people went out and bought Steam versions of the game was to get around having the restrictions/issues put onto the game by Origin.
    @Karritz

I decided to try to install some store content that I have backed up and it installs. I installed the Al Fresco Market and a pair of adult female shoes successfully.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top