Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    This is actually a question about the Sims forum itself. A couple months ago, I suddenly had a few notifications that just wouldn't clear. No matter how many times I would click to view all notifications and go through each thread, it was always stuck on displaying 2 notifications. Over time the number keeps growing and now I am to 29 unread notifications no matter what I do. I can't find any way to mark them all as read, or get rid of them. I even tried clearing my browser history and cache. Anyone ever experienced this or have any good ideas?

@GirafHuntr, it's been addressed by EA_Cade in the link that I will provide...😀
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1004847/new-notification-indicator-wont-clear#latest
  • ryouma17ryouma17 Posts: 49 Member
    question about the sims needs buttons being broke

in the sims 3 when your needs were low you had to manually click an item to use it to fulfill a sims needs, however in the sims 4 if you click the button next to each need it will try to auto fill it but it doesnt seem to work correctly all the time atleast not for me

examples, hunger is low so i click button and instead of going to get leftover or cook food the sim will go get a glass of water or go t the grill and try to make a potion

clicking hygiene will sometimes make the sim try to go swimming in the pool instead of taking a bath/shower

clicking energy when its almost empty sims will try to make coffee instead of going to sleep

i dont wanna l ist every one but those are a few, its not gamebreaking but it is annoying and idk if theres a fix for it (other then manually doing it myself which defeats the purpose of the buttons)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Hi ryouma! Supposedly because of the sims' AI, you can prompt them to sleep on their beds. After a few times, you can click the auto solve and they will do what they have been doing at your prompt, they will go to bed to sleep. It takes a little time for them to catch on but once they do, it makes playing them much easier.

Happy Simming! Oh and welcome to the forums!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    Ok so I have a stupid stupid question.
    I like some CAS items but I never use them becuase they get rid of the hair on my sims (theres some hats, some clothing). So I want to make a family that uses said items so I can put them in my game and at least see the items every once in a while, but my dilemma is that I wanna make like a backstory that makes it make sense as to why they dress like that.
    What I came up with is pretty much something along the lines of "this family has been in a horrific accident" or something like "this family all has cancer" (i like the accident story better) and I want it explain the dressings like "they cover their heads because they dont wanna frighten little kids" ( i didnt like the idea of them being ashamed of their scars).
    My main problem is that I really dont know if the whole, oh they dont wanna frighten children, could be offensive?
    I'm not the best socially.

@ZoomerGirl I think it's really nice that you're asking for feedback about this. I think in your own Sims game, the only person you have to worry about offending is yourself - but obviously, something about this isn't feeling totally right with you. I wonder if you could come up with a positive back story for them, such as that the head coverings are to honor someone's memory or the head coverings symbolize an artistic or philosophical idea? Maybe they are wearing them because for some reason they really want to, rather than out of a sense of shame or hiding something?
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @lisasc360 Thank you so much, I had no idea! Glad to know it's not just me, but also sounds like there is unfortunately no solution right now. Will keep following the thread you linked!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2022
    Ok so I have a stupid stupid question.
    I like some CAS items but I never use them becuase they get rid of the hair on my sims (theres some hats, some clothing). So I want to make a family that uses said items so I can put them in my game and at least see the items every once in a while, but my dilemma is that I wanna make like a backstory that makes it make sense as to why they dress like that.
    What I came up with is pretty much something along the lines of "this family has been in a horrific accident" or something like "this family all has cancer" (i like the accident story better) and I want it explain the dressings like "they cover their heads because they dont wanna frighten little kids" ( i didnt like the idea of them being ashamed of their scars).
    My main problem is that I really dont know if the whole, oh they dont wanna frighten children, could be offensive?
    I'm not the best socially.

I don’t think it’s offensive really. That would be a motivation for some people to cover up injuries. I think it’s actually quite common for people who were in fires and things to worry about scaring children.

But I can see that it is something that if you did a let’s play or posted about that maybe someone would take offence to or find it a bit inappropriate or too real.

I think it all depends what you’re doing with it. Your game with your story in your head, not really a problem. A story that you tell people, then it just has to be handled sensitively. But personally i don’t think it’s offensive unless you mean it offensively.

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    @lisasc360 Thank you so much, I had no idea! Glad to know it's not just me, but also sounds like there is unfortunately no solution right now. Will keep following the thread you linked!

You're welcome @GirafHuntr...😀
  • MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 328 Member
    Hey everyone, I have two questions about the eco lifestyle pack. (Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, sorry if it's not.) I'm considering buying eco lifestyle during the sale that's going on right now.

My first question is, can NAPs (neighborhood action plans) be disabled completely? I've read there's a setting for NPC voting, but does that stop any NAPs from being applied if I don't vote for any? I really don't want some of these NAPs in my game (sharing is caring, and i think there's one that make your bills cost more)

Also, I have read that sims still act like the NAPs are in effect even after you remove them. (For example, they continue to steal stuff, or do certain actions more than they should, etc.) Is that true or has it been fixed?

I know this is a lot, but I can't seem to find an answer to these questions anywhere. Again, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Thanks!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    @MrPlumbob wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I have two questions about the eco lifestyle pack. (Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, sorry if it's not.) I'm considering buying eco lifestyle during the sale that's going on right now.

My first question is, can NAPs (neighborhood action plans) be disabled completely? I've read there's a setting for NPC voting, but does that stop any NAPs from being applied if I don't vote for any? I really don't want some of these NAPs in my game (sharing is caring, and i think there's one that make your bills cost more)

Also, I have read that sims still act like the NAPs are in effect even after you remove them. (For example, they continue to steal stuff, or do certain actions more than they should, etc.) Is that true or has it been fixed?

I know this is a lot, but I can't seem to find an answer to these questions anywhere. Again, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Thanks!

This is exactly what this thread is for, one-off questions or comments that don't require a whole thread. At least that's what I see it as.

To answer your questions, in my game with NPCs not voting and not having my sims vote, I don't see any NAP behaviors. I rarely play with NAPs.

Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 328 Member
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > This is exactly what this thread is for, one-off questions or comments that don't require a whole thread. At least that's what I see it as.
    >
    > To answer your questions, in my game with NPCs not voting and not having my sims vote, I don't see any NAP behaviors. I rarely play with NAPs.

Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear that the setting works as it should.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I love celebrating holidays with my Sims but I get tired of decorating. I'm going to download some lots and decorate them for various holidays and set them as rental properties.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    I love celebrating holidays with my Sims but I get tired of decorating. I'm going to download some lots and decorate them for various holidays and set them as rental properties.

great idea,, going to steal that :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I just made a new Christmas home & saved it in the Gallery if you like it, please thank me. It's under my username SEREFRAS. ;)
    @Ellupelluellu only if you share. 😄

@SERVERFRA thanks! Will definitely check it out. 😊
    If you want to have your sims temporarily live somewhere else but eventually come back to their current house what is the best way to do it?

I was thinking rental property but I guess that’s really expensive. Can they just move to a different place and then move back? Will all the stuff they leave in the house still be there and anything in the household inventory come with them to the new place?
    You could always move a sim into the household to act as a place holder. This way your Sims don't lose their household collections.
    You could always move a sim into the household to act as a place holder. This way your Sims don't lose their household collections.

Ahh thank you! So I’d move in a new sim into the current household then split household and leave the new sim there and that would keep my house exactly as it is for them to come back to?

I wanted to be sure so I googled household collections and pulled up several AHQ posts from simmers who did this but still lost their household collections. So I'm not sure if it's working properly.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,499 Member
    I checked something out on Twitter today an found something that I have heard of in the past. I've never been one to separate or 'play-through' a pack before. What does that even mean? I use things and interactions as they come. I don't tell myself, okay today you're only playing interactions or with objects from thus or so pack. Now, I can see playing -through Strangerville or Batuu, but not just any ol pack, as in take your pick, which is almost what was implied by the post I read. Am I missing something here? Some tidbit, or am I the oddball? Is there an entire, different way to play this game?

~Just Curious
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited November 2022
    I checked something out on Twitter today an found something that I have heard of in the past. I've never been one to separate or 'play-through' a pack before. What does that even mean? I use things and interactions as they come. I don't tell myself, okay today you're only playing interactions or with objects from thus or so pack. Now, I can see playing -through Strangerville or Batuu, but not just any ol pack, as in take your pick, which is almost what was implied by the post I read. Am I missing something here? Some tidbit, or am I the oddball? Is there an entire, different way to play this game?

~Just Curious

I assume it means to focus solely on one specific pack. I think there is a way to disable certain packs where they aren't in the game at all, but I'm not sure how you do it. I've never tried it.

There are also legacy challenges--such as the Pack(man) Legacy---that focus on certain packs for each generation.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    I 'play a pack' to a small degree. The matriarch of my family is my 'do it all' sim and when a new pack releases I'll usually explore it with her. If there's a new world she'll move out of the family home to a single residence in the new world.

For instance with Cottage Living she moved to Cordelia's Secret Cottage in Henford On Bagley. Explored the new world, met all the inhabitants, raised the new crops, cared for her llama, cow, and chickens. Completed the Country Caretaker aspiration, learned to cross-stitch, etc.

She's back in the family home where she continues to care for her animals while pursuing other goals. The entire family now participates in Cottage Living features.
    edited November 2022
    Thanks simgirl, I will make a backup save then play around with moving them and see what I can do.

Galactic - I tend to ‘play a pack’ because I bought almost all of them at once so there’s a lot of things I haven’t seen/done and I like to focus on things rather than try too much at once and not get a full experience.

While I’ll occasionally accept an invite to things from packs I’ve not really explored I like to take them as though they just came out and immerse myself in it. I think the true eco lifestyle or vampires experience is probably living in that world and doing all the stuff there or becoming the vampire where as I just see the NAP guy and vlad now and again.

Let’s say I want to play get famous, just having my sim become a famous writer from her house isn’t what I’d consider playing get famous. I’d want to go to the lots and try out all the features. I also like to use the CAS items and build and buy items from that pack too.

Usually I’m focusing on doing all there is to do in a pack or two at a time then move onto another focus once I consider it complete. But there’s a lot of just general sims base gameplay at the same time/in between.
  • ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    Anyone know of a good laptop cooler thats inexpensive?
    I don't have a lot of money but the laptop cooler I had lasted only a year if that
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member

~Just Curious

I don’t play that way either. When I get a new pack, I just incorporate any elements that fit into my current game. As a result, it will be years before I run out of things to do in TS4.
    edited November 2022
    Anyone know of a good laptop cooler thats inexpensive?
    I don't have a lot of money but the laptop cooler I had lasted only a year if that

@ZoomerGirl
    I purchased this one from Amazon 3 years ago. It's on sale now.

havit HV-F2056 15.6"-17" Laptop Cooler Cooling Pad - Slim Portable USB Powered (3 Fans), Black/Blue https://a.co/d/8yJupKn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top