Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seventeen & Maldusk: A Supernatural Soap Opera

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,848 Member
    Ohh waitasec
    Mitchell is that guy in the banner! on the right
    I guess we'll see more of him...
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,323 Member
    @mightysprite

Yup! That's him. :smiley:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    I absolutely love your style of writing, and pictures fit perfectly :smiley:
    I laughed so often I lost count :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu Welcome to the Seventeen & Maldusk chaos. :wink: Thanks for reading! I hope you continue to enjoy the story.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Chapter 8
    Reuben is such an incredible frowny grumpypants 😂I don’t think we’ve seen him smile once so far, have we? Maybe when he first took Ion in, but definitely not after that. Seems like those ladies (or the guy) haven’t gone to the police station so far, huh? At least not that police station. I didn’t recognise anyone in the pictures, at least 🤔 hmm…

One of the advantages of a modern vampire is that, yeah, there’s probably someone ready at all times to have you drink from them, crazy as it is. Ooooh, he likes Annie? Likes her or likes her, I wonder? Oh! He laughed! And he’s smiling! Well colour me surprised. I didn’t think that would happen in the same chapter as me calling him a frowny grumpypants 😆

Hm. What is Ion reacting to extremely to, I wonder? Does he know her? Or is it just the fact that Reuben is smiling and being friendly?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi I love these comments! They made me laugh really hard this morning. Thanks!

"Frowny grumpypants" :joy::joy: Yes, he is. Smiles are pretty rare with this guy.
    What is Ion reacting to extremely to, I wonder? Does he know her? Or is it just the fact that Reuben is smiling and being friendly?

Given all the things we've so far seen Ion react in astonishment to, it could be literally anything.

Though Reuben smiling and being friendly would be a very good contender. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I've finally had a chance to read through some of the early chapters. <3 I love Ion and your pacing. Do you prefer comments here or on your site?
    @haneul Thanks for reading! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I love getting comments in either place. Or both places. :wink:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited May 2023
    Chapter 9 is ready!

Main page link

Chapter index link

Annie is excited to meet her new neighbor.
    SAM-C9-Annie-Chap-Link.jpg
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    edited November 2022
    LOL I love Annie :D She is great, but poor poor Reuben :D

"Sirius Canis Majoris Prime"..... indeed sounds like a planet or sort of organisation , LMAO :D

Great chapter, thanks for laughs ! :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 784 Member
    Oh my...
    This could be the most hilarious explanation of sixamians' biology I've ever read XD
    Ion and Annie were adorable in this chapter, while for Reuben this sounds like a nightmare situation, poor him XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.16 posted on the 14th of April 2024*
    @Ellupelluellu and @HermioneSims Thanks for reading and for the comments! So glad you enjoyed the chapter.

Reuben really was not ready for that conversation after a long day. :joy: Plus he's at least a few centuries old. People probably didn't talk about this stuff back in his day. :wink:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    New chapter!
    Already in fits of laughter at Ion thinking the dog is another Paladin...and the fact the new neighbour thinks he's just a DnD nerd XD Amazing. I love how she just sassed Reuben without a second thought as well. 'Besides, I like to find out people's pronouns as early as possible when I meet them so I'm not miss-gendering them. Seemed like a good moment for it.' I LOVEW HIM SO MUCH He'S SO PRECIOUS I wish he was real ;-; And there's no grotty attitudes in response, she just tells it like it is and helps him learn about humans and I love that so so so SO SO SO much. Honestly this whole story just sums up the neurodivergent mood so well. Every single conversation is a minefield, everyone else breaks the rules they tell you to follow, and you know something tiny you do will set that social minefield off somehow. Looks like Reuben had enough of that discussion though XD
    they/them or she/her
    Awww... @SnowBnuuy Thank you so much for this comment! :smiley:

Annie and Ion together are so much fun for me to write. It was hard to wait this long to introduce Annie to the readers. But this was the right moment for her to make her grand entrance. :lol: Even if it caused Reuben to make a... uh.... "grand exit".
    Every single conversation is a minefield, everyone else breaks the rules they tell you to follow, and you know something tiny you do will set that social minefield off somehow.

This is so, so a familiar a feeling for me. Conversations with people I don't know really well are exhausting for me because I am constantly worrying about how I am coming across and analyzing everything I want to say, everything I already said, everything I almost said but then didn't, and checking whether or not I am wearing the right face expression for the topic being discussed. I end up missing a lot of what other people are saying as a result, which makes things even more awkward, and then of course that gives me another whole set of things to feel anxiety about. One of the many reasons I became good at writing, it's way easier for me than talking.

I'm not sure if you and I have similar experiences or not, it sounds like yours may be somewhat different from mine. My struggles are largely anxiety based and stemming most probably from experiences with bullying a long time ago. But, I am honored that you find things you relate to in these characters. Annie, Ion, and honestly even Reuben, derive a lot of their personality from my own internal struggles. So even though I have a lot of fun with them, and ultimately I just want to tell an entertaining fantasy soap-opera story, there is a deeply personal aspect this set of characters and their experiences as well.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    @GlacierSnow
    largely anxiety based and stemming most probably from experiences with bullying a long time ago.
    Oh yup, felt that. Add that to the pile of 'brain no work properly' and every conversation becomes ...ugh X_X
    they/them or she/her
    Really enjoyed both
    the super creative alien biology lore, and the friend with no shame who can't figure out if Ion is a cosplayer or an actual alien :)

Whatever happens from here on, I'm sure I won't be bored

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    edited November 2022
    ROFL. That was the best! Reubens face, Annie just going with the conversation and even egging Ion on. Reubens dramatic exit. Awesim
    @mightysprite and @NRowe Thank you for your comments!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Breathe. Need to breathe. Oh my gods. 😂🤣
    Bwahaha he’s reacting to the dog?! 😂 oooh so there’s no dogs in the alien world, huh? Or there’s just paladins and they all look feline… need all the informations. More informations, please 😁 HAHAHA oh I love how Annie interpreted that as a game class. Cleric. *snort * Aw, Annie and Ion get along swimmingly! I wonder who the “other guy” was?

HAHAHA OMG 🤣😂 and now I want to know the plural for concubinus. Concubini? Concu… gah, I have no idea but I’m laughing so hard it doesn’t matter anyway. Annie is being incredibly helpful for Ion’s research there, I see. Even if Reuben looks like he’s about to explode in the background. BWAHAHA yes Reuben, you did say that! Awwwww, Ion’s little face there. He’s trying so hard and he’s so confused.

YES ANNIE ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS! I’m geeking out right along with her, only without the pirate hat. She’s the first to realise Ion might actually be an alien, too. Well, maybe not the first. But we haven’t seen “the girl on the bench” in a little while, and we have no idea what’s up with her.

Woops. There goes Reuben. Finally had too much, it seems. 😅
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi :joy::joy: I love your reactions!

I'm delighted that everyone finds this chapter so entertaining. I honestly was not sure how it was going to go over. But I had a lot of fun writing this. Annie and Ion make quite a pair.

Yeah... no dogs on Sixam. Ion's never seen one before. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    I don't know if I'll be able to post the next chapter today or not. I'm technical difficulties with posting images right now, and I can't figure out if the problem lies with Postimages, Weebly, or our own internet connection. But I've been trying for the last three hours, and I am about ready to smash something. :rage: So I'm going to quit for a while and see if the problem improves on its own. :cry::weary:

Sorry. Hopefully I'll be able to get it up later.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Looking forward to reading it whenever!
    I had trouble with Postimages being slow/unresponsive once or twice. It resolved itself after a few hours.
    I've occasionally had that problem too (being slow). This seems different. It's showing them as links rather than images. Just checked about a half hour ago and it's still doing it. If it resolves, I might have time to finish Monday afternoon. Otherwise, hopefully, I can resume next weekend.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited May 2023
    It's working again this morning! And I didn't end up needing to go in to work today, so Chapter 10 is now ready!

This chapter takes place during the same stretch of time as Chapters 8 and 9 (Wednesday and Wednesday evening), so while Annie and Ion were giving Reuben an impromptu lesson on sixamnian biology, this is what was happening over at Tristan and Tre's place...

Main page link

Chapter index link

Tristan... has a pretty normal day, actually.
    SAM-C10-Tristan-Chap-Link.jpg
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Body is two characters too short

Aww <3
    These two are perfect together