Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Educated teen run away challenge

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Hi guys, I am on my laptop, I am hoping to do a quick update on day 19 but not sure what will happen. When I loaded my screenshots the day after I played my day 18 the computer froze while closing the last screenshot and then I got a friendlier blue screen, but still a blue screen

Here it froze
    oTWjDEY.png

This was the screen
    8KSuCha.png

I am going to post this so you guys know if I dissapear what happened to me, but I am going to try and load my pics for day 19
    edited November 2022
    Day 19 Friday

Miranda had a good day at school and did very well in her exams. She sold an outfit so was finally able to afford her fridge. While at home something happened that I have never allowed in my game. a Friend randomly came for a visit. Usually I disable all four options at the front door, but I only disabled vampires this time round. It made for an interesting evening and a force of hand for my current gameplay ;)
    Miranda did well at school. Exams went well and she had lots of conversations with Kyoshi since he seems to be her shadow and is next to her the whole time. Knox also bought her outfit during lunch break.
    vIRR5LU.png
    PeFtLYv.png
    V253RP3.png
    yNLtNEu.png
    pNayz7R.png

Miranda went home to sell her outfit and to buy her super expensive fridge
    yzxmqkM.png

As I sent her to the fridge to try out a snack, guess who just walks into her house
    cvrD1LJ.png

Yes it was Kyoshi, he wanted to be best friends and get a hug
    jzU1S92.png
    qE8xRET.png

Gosh well while he is here why not talk some more ...
    Then while chatting he did this
    iEjnpCV.png

Well well well, she said yes and then decided to stop the friendly interactions and act on that crush
    Vl52r5d.png

if not why not LOL, so he stayed almost all night it was a little slippery when he left
    cH9B70Z.png

I think this has completely changed my game play now. firstly she will have to go to prom and I guess that was the last thing before graduating, so I might do that sooner by aging her up ???
    @JojoMOMSTER I have cleared cashe, I went as far as a complete reinstall as well.

@mightysprite it seems that it was shortlived. Its freezing up again. Love your screenie, that is hillarious, mostly his face though as if forced to wear the formal dress LOL

@WinerKhirin I do that a lot as well, I load my game start up cas and then sometimes hours later jst exit cas cause I was not happy with the progress of the sim I was making. Hopefully once you get your sim made and moved it you will enjoy the challenge ;)

@SoulGal7 has anybody ever told you to be an author. You write awesim stories, I can't wait to see what happens next in the love story of Jacob and Ali, so far it is so sweet and soulmates forever kind of story <3 Love the little house they are going to fix up, so cute <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited November 2022
    @mcrudd - I am so sorry that you are having problems with your laptop again.
    Day 18
    - Wow! Now that's a kitchen! lol Compared to Ali's little "roof-piece" house, Miranda's house is going to be a mansion! Nice job. And she even has a dishwasher! Woot! The girl is living in luxury and she hasn't even graduated high school!

And Miranda has a crush on Kiyoshi! Ooh-la-la! Miranda's bedroom looks so bright and colorful now. New pastel kit? So happy that Miranda got the hang of Trendi because you can make big bucks for sure.

Day 19 - Oooh! Things are heating up with Kiyoshi! I mean when he wants to be BFF's, there is no stopping him! lol OMG! Kiyoshi asked Miranda to the prom as friends! Yes! I mean he must really like her to come all the way from Mt. Komorebi to Copperdale in a rainstorm to ask her out! Yeah! And then they have their first kiss! Hot! Hot! Hot! And no, Kiyoshi, you can't stay over...because I'm just not that type of girl. And then Miranda throws him out in the rain again and he falls in a mud puddle. Yep...this is definitely true sim love! lol I am doing a little clap here in real life for these two and laughing as well. Yes! Go to prom with Kiyoshi! I have to see these two together and see what Miranda will wear! But be forewarned...the pop-ups for that event come up really fast, and to be honest, she won't have much time to socialize if she is going to get any prom reward. I find it too fast, in my opinion. But they need a photobooth pic together! Yes!

And now all I can say is after all that "heat" with Kiyoshi in the last chapter, the guy toasted your laptop. Darn Kiyoshi and his teen hormones! lol But seriously, so sad that the laptop is deciding to have a "Blue Christmas" again. Grrr! I just hope it gets fixed soon.

Oh and thanks for the compliment on my story writing. Just doing a bit to give some depth to their characters. I am just setting something up for when they graduate. hehe

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

@mightysprite - I love that screenie, and yes, doesn't matter if you make the outfit for a female, any sim wears it. Nice fashion accessory wit the hat. The flowers match that dress.

@JojoMOMSTER - Yes, I had fun "trashing-up" the house! lol At first, I had also put trash in the main bedroom, too, but then I got the idea that maybe Jacob had started working on it and was going to bring Ali there to show her the house. To sort of show her what a future with him could be like.

@WinterKhirin - I understand about spending hours in CAS and then not being happy with the sim. I don't have cc, which might make it easier for me, because if I did, I would spend even more time in there than I already do. I do hope that you'll create a sim soon and start the challenge. It's a lot of fun. :)
    @all Well I had an interesting day today :)
    I contacted Dell to ask them how much it would cost to sent my laptop in for a service repair. They asked me for my tag number. Upon giving them the tag number they were very impressed that my laptop was still going :D but in the same breath they said they could not repair it as its parts has not been made for at least two years now. So I explained my dilemma about only being able to afford a new one in a year's time and what went wrong with this one, you know all the screens , freezes and auto starts. He then said it is a windows corruption or drivers missing error. He also told me to not install windows 11 even if the computer says it can, because he can see on his end its not compatible. So he sent me this biiiiiig email with instructions on how to use a usb to save windows 10 files and then to start up my computer and press f12 repeatedly until a menu came up then to select the usb drive and when asked where to do it I need to delete ALL partitions so I can get rid of the corrupt part of windows. I did that and although I had a tiny little shock because now I only have a huge c drive and not a small c drive and a decent d drive anymore. But so far so good. I am happy to say that I backed up everything to the external and have reinstalled everything and is ready to hop in game. So far no freezing or blue screens all day long :)

so loading my game now ;) Kyoshi has forced me to do a little gameplay change, but hey it might be interesting ;)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Wow @mcrudd i’m glad you actually got a human at dell and they were able to guide you.
    Wow @mcrudd i’m glad you actually got a human at dell and they were able to guide you.

Thank you <3 I am sitting here with a huge grin on my face :D I have been playing sims all the time since my last post and no issues at all, game actually seemed faster too. I will post the update now, its a big one LOL
    edited November 2022
    Day 20 Saturday

Miranda had a super busy day today. She completed her inside of the house, only the exterior left now. She and Kyoshi went to prom, gosh @SoulGal7 you are so right, the timing is super short and it caused for a stressed prom where you have to do one action after the other to complete the goals. She managed to do it, but gosh not enjoy full at all so the whole photo booth thing happened just before it ended and that went pearshaped as well hahahaha, all revealed in the spoiler :)
    Miranda woke up and made herself a breakfast in her new kitchen
    3swxSAY.png

She then headed to the thrifti store to make another outfit so she can furnish her lounge
    oQEkMkI.png

Yeah, well ummm Vlad she will have to dry this first
    BXF4hjP.png

or she can just say it got wet in the post
    sfIytzQ.png

Lounge ..... tick
    B5wvXU3.png
    TVjopGg.png

Time for lunch
    rGin7pE.png

Prom time
    zOvuZ5J.png
    xARrYZG.png
    Zk65wDH.png

Home time for some photo's with Kyoshi since the prom one well uhmm its not romantic
    G2n7wXo.png
    cPZmPOZ.png
    JEYiE29.png
    IfcSxLA.png

It was a lovely mixed feelings night as you can see by the prom photo she decided to keep ;)
    KCGvorL.png
    ovzMuX1.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Wow! Miranda has a nicer kitchen than me. I like how she is decorating in a cutesy teen pastel and pretty colours style.
    Week 9 - Sunday - Day 57

show-of-ali-and-jacob-after-spending-night-together.png
    After a wonderful night chatting and holding each other close, Ali and Jacob returned to his home. When they arrived, no-one was around. Ali thought that perhaps it was a good thing, as she wasn't sure if Jacob's adoptive father would question them about where they had been all night. They freshened up and changed, and Jacob said that he had promised his adoptive sister that he would stop by before they left for uni. He quickly left a note for his father.

running-together-ali-and-jacb.png

As they walked, Jacob pointed out various buildings along the way, and finally they were at Rory's trailer. Jacob introduced Ali to Rory and also Lou Howell, a member of the WildFangs. Jacob then went over to the fire with Lou and chatted about fitness techniques.

farewell-to-all.png

Rory: "So, Ali...my brother tells me that you two met in high school..."

so-where-di-you-meet.png

Ali: "Yeah...we went to high school prom together..."

Rory: "You know, Ali, he must be pretty serious about you. He's never brought any girls home before."

Ali: "Oh?"

doscissopn-with-rory.png

Rory: "Nope, never. You're the first. I mean...not that he hasn't gone out with others...the girls were all clamoring to be with him in high school. And can you blame them? He could have had a bevy of girlfriends, but he's not like that, he's definitely not a player. He's become a pretty serious guy, you know...and I often tell him that he needs to loosen up and be a bit wild sometimes.."

Ali: "A bit wild?"

perhaps-you-should-ask-him.png

Rory: "Yeah...I told him it's okay to let loose every so often...be adventurous...impulsive...take some risks...but Jacob says he wants to stay "in control" because he has responsibilities to live up to."

Ali looked over at Jacob and at that moment Jacob looked up and smiled at her.

he-makes-me-happ-too.png

Rory noticed the exchange, "Jacob mentioned to me that he told you about his true self and that you just accepted him. Is that true?"

more-discussion-with-toty.png

Ali: "Yes, he told me, and it doesn't matter..."

Rory: "Well, it does matter, you know. My adoptive father would think otherwise..."

well-it-might-be-something-my-adoptive-father-cares-about.png

Ali: "What do you mean?"

Rory: "Well, I don't know if you know this, Ali, but you're dating a Prince. Jacob is being groomed to take over the throne, so to speak."

jacob-is-a-prince.png

Ali: "What? I don't understand. Is there something that I should know?"

Rory: "Ali...maybe this is something that Jacob should tell you. I've already said too much..." she replied as she switched the topic and they discussed Ali's courses at uni.

ive-said-enough.png

Rory:"I can see why Jacob likes you, Ali...you're down-to-earth and funny. You know before he came here, he had a lot of pain in his life. It's nice to see him smile again. You make him very happy..."

Ali: "He makes me happy, too, Rory..."

They chatted some more and then Rory said she had things to attend to, "From what Jacob tells me, you're very talented, Ali. It was nice meeting you and I'm sure that you'll get lots of job offers when you graduate..."

Ali: "I hope so. Oh, and Rory...don't worry...I'm not going to go off and leave Jacob...I...I have feelings for him. So wherever I go, I'm going to ask Jacob to come with me...and I'm sure we'll find a job somewhere together..."

sure.png

Rory looked at Ali and shook her head, "Right..." is all she said.

Jacob came over then and said it was time to take the train back to uni and after saying their good-byes, promptly left.

we-have-to-go.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They arrived back at uni and the ground was blanketed with snow. Jacob said he had to head back to his dorm to start his homework, and Ali said she would have to do the same.

kiss-goodbye.png

Jacob kissed her and Ali looked into his eyes, "Jacob...are you a Prince?"

jacob-are-you-a-prince.png

Jacob laughed, "A Prince? What? Who told you that?"

a-what.png

Ali: "Well, your sister said that you were a Prince and that you were being groomed for the throne. Is it true?"

Jacob looked at her in surprise "Rory said that? Ali, she was just joking around..."

nervous-look.png

Ali: "But why would she say something like that?"

i-dont-know-ali-i-really-have-to-go.png

Jacob shrugged his shoulders and looked away nervously and said that he really had to go. Ali nodded her head and watched Jacob walk away, but she had this nagging feeling that Jacob wasn't telling her something.

he-walks-away.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When Ali got back to her dorm, she worked on her homework and then her presentation board. She was already so behind for Term 3 which started tomorrow.

darn-thumbtack-2.png
    @mcrudd - So happy that your laptop is working! Woot!

Day 20
    I see that Miranda is still giving her Trendi outfits that "just washed" look! lol And look at her nice living room. Miranda looks so sexy for prom. I mean with a date like Kiyoshi...oh yeah! And he is prom royalty...did Miranda vote for him? And look at those two together in those photos! Hubba! Hubba! Oh my gosh! I about fell off my chair when I saw the photo of Miranda and Kiyoshi from the photo booth! I am still cracking up about it! Oh my gosh! That is so hilarious!

I really think that those prom tasks come up too fast. It doesn't feel like you can relax at all. It's just go, go, go! Anyway, congrats to Miranda for surviving her first prom!
    edited November 2022
    @JojoMOMSTER thanks so much, I am trying to stay clear of doing everything neutral, that is what I usually do ;)

@SoulGal7 aww Ali and Rory's conversation was so cute and then suddenly it took a turn :o and then back to cute <3 Oh noes Jacob, you should tell Ali the truth. Wonder if he is not wanting the throne, something is up. I can sense it LOL. Yip Ali you work on that school project, you are doing so well ;) I am still trying to decide what to do gameplay wise, she basically can move on to university now, but still has 30 days to age up, I might shorten the lifespan so that everyone in the game's shorten as well and then let her age on her birthday hopefully closer than 30 days. Once in University set it too long again. Something like that. She still needs to do her landscaping. I sell the well cleaned outfits for 20 000 max. I did for the funny of it put a price of a million and it sold, but I delisted it and repriced it hahahaha, just a little test :D

ps, Yes Ali did vote for him to be prom royal she also voted for the girl with purple hair to be the joker person and they both won as she voted ;)

@all going to load my game up now. Will do what I said above to SoulGal7. Lets see how this goes LOL
    Post edited by mcrudd on
    Day 21 Sunday

Miranda had a very nice relaxing Sunday. She completed the one part of the challenge which is to have a furnished house. Her house is completely done now. She also is selling one more outfit for 20 000 just to have money in the bank for bills and her up and coming university. I have shortened her age span along with the neighbourhood and her birthday is now in four days. After her birthday I might continue the short lifespan a little longer until I see her friends age up too and then I will return it too long when she starts university. I am going to let her graduate first before going to Uni, anyways here is today's chill day adventures ;)
    First I changed the aging and deactivated the dreaded wants and fears, I hope that gets fixed soon
    FZ8Jgya.png
    noLEUrb.png

I completed the outside of the house while she was sleeping
    dDIUQLs.png
    7ZENg5u.png

Miranda had a bubble bath and then did a bit of cleaning
    PCEkzXW.png

She made one more outfit, will be the last one for a while I think. (I might adjust the rules to maximum 5000 simoleons and one outfit per day to make it a bit more challenging)
    sa0KQQB.png

She grabbed a boba tea
    NAUTva3.png

Off home to test out the new hot tub Uhhhhhmmmm ????
    YuG2XLi.png

That is better
    ohTkeSG.png

Caprese salad for lunch
    JFlNMZp.png

Chatting with Kyoshi online
    rrTH1iX.png

Early bedtime since she was very tired and it is school tomorrow
    xKzpmvC.png
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Hey guys. Caught up on Ali and Jacobs adventures so far and the lovely Miranda. <3
    Real life is seriously cutting into my own Simming time, if you know what I mean. Hope to get an update out soon; just not sure when.
    edited December 2022
    Week 9 - Term 3 - Monday - Day 58 - Thursday - Day 61

ali-is-sick-2.png
    With two courses in painting, one in photography and one in knitting, Ali has a pretty big week ahead of her. It's the last week before graduation. She has one presentation to do and one term paper, and the other two courses have final exams.

Ali had stayed up a bit too late trying to finish all her homework, her presentation and write her term paper, and her head just wasn't feeling the best today.

all-that-cramming-has-done-in-ali.png

A glass of orange juice should help and then it's off to class.

sart-of-term-3.png

Ali completed her first class and then came outside and felt chilled. Oh no! I think Ali is coming down with something. No! No! Don't get sick your last week of term. She brushes off the feeling and heads to class.

now-ali-is-freezing.png

But when she comes out...oh no! She is covered with spots. A trip to the uni walk-in clinic is in order and they prescribe some medication.

lets-hope-this-works.png

And thank goodness, that seems to do the trick. She heads off to present her presentation.

paints-this-classic-painting.png

Afterwards, she attends an Art Society figure painting session (oops...no photo there), and then paints on the patio at UBrite Commons. While there, she maxes her painting skill. Ali...why are you in shorts when you were just sick this morning?

level-10-paiting.png

The rest of the night is spent doing homework and studying.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, Ali decided that she wasn't getting enough veggies in her diet, so she orders a carrot cupcake at the UBrite Commons cafeteria.

eating-a-carrot-cupcake.png

Then it's the Art Society Bar Night (8pm - midnight) at Pepper's Pub. She wears her Art Society t-shirt and invites a bunch of friends. Ali spends most of the night chatting with other Art Society members about inspiration. She is trying to reach the top of the organization, but the bar night ends before she achieves it. Oh well.

art-society-bar-night.png

She gets a pop-up from Morgan that she found a ring in Liam's bag. Oh yes! Morgan...he is the one for you!

yes-morgan-say-yes.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, and one of her professors suggested she contribute knowledge to the ERAM machine to benefit other students. Ali thought she would give it a try...

contribute-knowledge.png

oh my gosh...the machine is sucking her brain out of her head...

this-machine-is-sucking-her-brain-apart.png

Alright, she is done...and she is NEVER doing that again.

and-she-is-done.png

And then she hears an announcement that it is "Cram For The Exam" night. Oh my gosh! Her brain is mush. How is she supposed to study for her exams feeling like this?

mentallyu-drained.png

brain-drained-ali.png

Ali tries to study, but everything on the page is blurry...and why does she feel so dizzy? She decides to call it a night and head back to the dorm.

cram-for-the-exam-night-on-tues.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thursday, a regular day and after class, Ali heads to UBrite Commons and practices her debate skill with her roomie Arjun. And she reaches Research and Debate Skill Level 7! Yes!

does-a-little-debate-skill.png

reaches-debate-skill-level-7.png

She quickly e-mails her professors about her grades. Ali! Why again the night before exams? But, she finds out that she is one of the best students in all her classes. (I just did one screenie, but they are all the same). This certainly brightens her day.

course-grade-stats-thus-term-3.png

She heads back to her dorm and works on her knitting skill. Winterfest is coming and she has a lot of gifts to knit for Jacob and his family.

doing-some-knitting.png

Ali knits a pink beanie for Rory first. Oh my gosh! Look at this sad creation! Ali, are you sure that your Xtreme Knitting Professor said that you were one of his best students? Maybe she'll just donate this one. Um...yeah...

pink-beanie.png

dont-worry-we-still-love-you-bear-beanie.png

By the end of the night, Ali has knitted quite a few items, and even listed one on plopsy. She is now Level 9 in Knitting Skill.

knitting-level-9.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    Wow Ali. Way to go.
    I’m curious SoulGal7 do you have a mod that allows for sickness or is it part of the base game? I have used Private Practice from SimRealist for so long I am unsure whether Sims in any game can get ill.
    @NRowe - I am a vanilla game player so no mods or cc. This is from Get To Work, I think. Usually if they drink orange juice, it goes away, but not this time, and Ali had to purchase medicine.
    NRowe wrote: »
    Hey guys. Caught up on Ali and Jacobs adventures so far and the lovely Miranda. <3
    Real life is seriously cutting into my own Simming time, if you know what I mean. Hope to get an update out soon; just not sure when.

I know what you mean, the one stage you can sim and the next for days you can't get to it. I planned on simming all day today, but just got home from being out all day long, gosh where did the time go LOL

@SoulGal7 oh my gosh Ali does not look good :o Oh no the orange juice did not help, sometimes you need a second or third glass, but the medicine is good though, glad it did the trick. Hahaha a carrot muffin to get veggies in :D Love the sad little knit, so cute and unique, I would have kept it for my sim to wear hahahaha. Ali is doing fantastic, way to go <3
    @all, I am going to grab some dinner and then a cuppa milo and then load my game, so will load it in about an hour ;)
    Sorry guys <3 Shortly after typing the above post my kids came home from gym. They asked if I started dinner yet and I said gonna make it now, then they said no need mum. We all going to the night market. So never got too sim ;) Hubby leaving for work in two hours hopefully I can sim then :)
    Day 22 Monday.

Miranda has sold her last outfit and will only go make one when her funds get low again, funds will purely be for bills and food now ;) Her first bill since finishing the house came today as well, I don't think it was too bad considering she has a fully furnished house with the best of the best appliances and furniture :) Today she basically went to school. I am letting her study for performance, but she will be aging up early before school on the morning of her birthday, so won't be attending exams. I am not going to do a birthday party just a cake early in the morning, we can pretend she has a party later on LOL
    Miranda woke up hungry but super happy that the last outfit sold
    URZjb3I.png

Such a happy girl with her pancakes for brekkie
    1y2XwaV.png

Her school day consists of studying for exams she won't write :D Attending her classes and spending time with Kiyoshi during lunch break <3
    jwZ9wDX.png
    DtAMsKB.png
    od6UHX1.png
    CyTfTXr.png
    yLg3dZu.png

Paying the bills
    VWtbFsh.png

A snack and a chat with Kiyoshi before bedtime
    aPSMusV.png
    aNK8Niq.png
    oocbBnp.png
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Excellent progress so far. Great stories too!
    edited December 2022
    @mcrudd - Will you age Kiyoshi up, too? He seems quite smitten with Miranda. Her bills aren't bad at all considering the gorgeous kitchen she has as well as the rest of her house. Miranda looks so happy there eating her pancakes. Was it really just yesterday that she didn't know if would have something to eat from day to day?
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited December 2022
    Week 9 - Friday - Day 62

ali-graduates-yes.png
    Exam day and Ali is really stressing out today. She makes an offering at the statue to help with her mood.

ali-doesnt-feel-too-good.png

makes-the-offering-again.png

Her exams are back to back and when she is done, she waits for her grades to be posted. She also gets a pop-up that she sold one of the items she knitted on plopsy. Yes!

selling-her-beanie-on-plopsy.png

term-3-grades.png

And her grades are posted and Ali got A+ again in all her grades! Congrats Ali! And Ali has now completed her coursework and final exams for uni. Ali gets a notice that Graduation is tomorrow!. She is super excited!

graduation-tomorrow.png

I was going to go into CAS and give her a grad gown outfit for photos, but the game had other plans. I got a notice that "I couldn't do that while someone was dying". What? Who? I scan back to her dorm, and sure enough, there is a student laying on the ground. Oh no!

ali-came-back-to-her-dorm-and-this-is-what-happened-a-student-died.png

Oh my gosh! The poor student. It must have been the stress of exams Ali sees a dark figure approach and realizes this must be the Grim Reaper. She quickly pleads for the life of the student.

look-shes-been-under-a-lot-of-stress.png

please-dont-take-her.png

another-roomie-is-serenading-someone.png

Other students have crazy emotions, and one student is even serenading another student. Or maybe he's serenading the Grim Reaper trying to make HIS case heard.

ali-brought-her-back-to-life.png

But never fear! Ali's smooth talking saved the student!

and-arise.png

im-floating-in-air.png

Ali feels the need to calm the student down, as the student is rather angry.

its-alright-i-brought-you-back.png

And then the student starts yelling at Ali! What? I just saved your life! Ugh! Gratitude!

she-doesnt-seem-very-grateful.png

saved-simfrom-death.png

awed-by-lifesaving-hero-sentiment.png

And just because Ali wants proof that she was a hero, she snaps a photo with the sim she saved.

ali-and-saved-sim-take-photo-together.png

Ali also made a friend with the Grim Reaper. And now Ali has morbid thoughts of death on her mind. Geez! Ali...get rid of those thoughts...your life is just beginning...

oh-gee-ali-stop-thinking-those-thoughts.png
    Oh, WOW Ali. At least Grimm heard you out and relented. Congratulations on the top grades and graduation too.