Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2022
    Wake me up when ts4 stuff packs are -50% again :sleepy: then again I guess its good I don't feel need to buy more sims

also only ep I don't have is HSY and only gp I don't have is Batuu so :sweat_smile:

Yeah. I'm safe from temptations here
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,869 Member
    edited November 2022
    The Sims 4 Packs Sale

The Sims 4 Expansion Packs
    All of the Expansion Packs for The Sims 4 are on sale! The deals for Expansion Packs is 50% off, excluding the latest High School Years Expansion Pack, which is 25% off.

The Sims 4 Game Packs
    All Game Packs are included in the sale! The deals for Sims 4 Game Packs are 30% off, while the Werewolf Game Pack is 20% off.

The Sims 4 Stuff Packs
    Stuff Packs also have a discount with the latest Black Friday season. All The Sims 4 stuff Packs are 30% off.

2022 Bundles Deals
    Ever since The Sims 4 became free Maxis and EA came up with new Bundles for The Sims 4, including:

Decorator’s Dream Bundle (Cottage Living, Dream Home Decorator, Tiny Living)

Everyday Sims Bundle (Seasons, Parenthood, Laundry Day)

Pet Lovers Bundle (Cats & Dogs, Parenthood, My First Pet)

These bundles are 20% off on EA App / Origin and Microsoft Store.

EA App / Origin – Sims 3 Sale

The Sims 3 Expansion Packs – 50% off
    The Sims 3 Stuff Packs – 50% off
    The Sims 3 Worlds (excluding Roaring Heights) – 50% off
    The Sims 3 Starter Pack is currently at its full price.

https://simscommunity.info/2022/11/22/black-friday-sale-save-big-on-the-sims-4-packs/
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Thanks for the info. Sad to see HSY not 50% off, guess I'll keep waiting.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,037 Member
    JestTru wrote: »

Me too. Picked up Cats and Dogs though.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    At this point, I own all of the packs I was excited about. I don't want any of the EPs I don't have. There are some stuff and game packs that are in the "Ho-hum, maybe if it's on sale someday" category, though. I'll have to think about it. I like it when packs add aspirations or careers so maybe Spa Day, Paranormal or Moschino.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited November 2022
    JAL wrote: »
    JestTru wrote: »

Me too. Picked up Cats and Dogs though.

The world and build/buy is so nice. A lot of my builds use that pack.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I decided to buy Eco Living. I plan to turn off the voting and environmental ratings. Hopefully, it won't mess anything up. This is the only expansion pack I didn't own, so now I have a complete collection. Still lack a few game packs and many kits though.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,085 Member
    I'm currently on vacation and my in-game store is showing prices in Dollars. If i purchase HSY while i'm on vacation, will i still be billed my native currency which is British Pounds on my card?
  • Options
    MalalupisMalalupis Posts: 25 Member
    Meh. Doesn't seem like a really amazing sale to me - pretty much in line with every other time they go on sale.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    I'm currently on vacation and my in-game store is showing prices in Dollars. If i purchase HSY while i'm on vacation, will i still be billed my native currency which is British Pounds on my card?

I would guess you’d be charged the dollar price and it would convert to GBP if your store is displaying it in dollars. And you might get a foreign currency charge. Just a guess but that usually happens if you buy from Amazon us or the like. I would suggest seeing if there’s a way to turn your store to English first.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    telemwill wrote: »
    I decided to buy Eco Living. I plan to turn off the voting and environmental ratings. Hopefully, it won't mess anything up. This is the only expansion pack I didn't own, so now I have a complete collection. Still lack a few game packs and many kits though.

I personally don’t really like the pack integration of eco living, all it seems to do is send someone to my glimmerbrook house to shout at me and inflate my bills. You really shouldn’t see much impact if you turn those things off.

But I think it would be interesting to play it through properly with everything switched on in the proper world. One day 😁
    Eleri wrote: »
    At this point, I own all of the packs I was excited about. I don't want any of the EPs I don't have. There are some stuff and game packs that are in the "Ho-hum, maybe if it's on sale someday" category, though. I'll have to think about it. I like it when packs add aspirations or careers so maybe Spa Day, Paranormal or Moschino.

Can definitely recommend Spa Day - it will give you something to do for a bit with the aspirations and just the spa and yoga and wellness skills are fun. Moschino is okay, not the best not the worst but the tripod means you can take much better photos. Everyone says paranormal is the best stuff pack but I didn’t try it yet. I think those 3 are solid choices to be honest.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »

I personally don’t really like the pack integration of eco living, all it seems to do is send someone to my glimmerbrook house to shout at me and inflate my bills. You really shouldn’t see much impact if you turn those things off.

But I think it would be interesting to play it through properly with everything switched on in the proper world. One day 😁

Yes, I hope to play through it eventually too. I just feel like my current rotation is so large, I didn't want to add another world yet. So I will probably just be making use of the items for now. I haven't been on much anyway since I broke my dominant arm and find I tire easily playing left handed.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    What you've got to remember - is that while many of the people who are regulars in this forum have loads of packs, with the recent change of the Sims 4 to free, there's a whole load of new potential customers for EA for these packs.
    I am surprised that the Werewolf pack isn't included in the same discount band as the other GPs though.
  • Options
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    What you've got to remember - is that while many of the people who are regulars in this forum have loads of packs, with the recent change of the Sims 4 to free, there's a whole load of new potential customers for EA for these packs.
    I am surprised that the Werewolf pack isn't included in the same discount band as the other GPs though.

Generally with sales the latest packs get a smaller discount because they’re still selling them at full price. And they’ll still sell them at only 25 percent off because it’s the first price drop.

A lot of their target audience can’t afford to just buy a pack on release and have to save or wait for a birthday or something, so HSY and Werewolves still have slightly more value than something that’s been out a couple of years or more.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    So no sales for kits? Too bad. If kits ever go on sale I might get a few but at full price they don't give enough for the price of half a stuff pack. As for the proper DLC I have the ones I want.
    StuffyMarx wrote: »

I am also surprised that werewolves isn't at the same price as the other GP. EA rushed to release HSY so quickly after werewolves, it is a surprise that they still consider the werewolves GP 'new' in terms of sales. To me it is the only DLC this year that was worth getting at full price, so this part of the sale is not important for me.
  • Options
    EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    (and #TheSims3)
    duh
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    So pretty much the exact same Sims 4 sale they've been doing every couple of months for the last 3 years.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    @JAL that is a great pack. I love Cats and Dogs and Brindletom is the world my sims live in more often than the others.

The only reason I will wait for a better sale on HSY is that the gameplay doesn't interest me. It was a wonderful idea but what I had seen and the lack of gameplay other players experienced doesn't seem worth it. I, however really love the BB/CAS items and I want that fair on the pier.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,085 Member
    How long do these Black Friday offers on for? When do they usually end?
  • Options
    @Brd709 for the last couple of years a week or so. But then you have Cyber Monday following the holiday weekend.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    I believe this sale ends on December 1.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I have just about everything but kits and I don't want any of them past blooming rooms whic I already bought on sale long ago. They would have to be like a dollar each for me to buy.

Couldn't believe dream home decorator still costs what it does, is it still broken?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Eleri wrote: »

i highly recommend spa day. that and parenthood are my must-have game packs.
  • Options
    MotherHjonkerMotherHjonker Posts: 8 New Member
    I have all of the EP and GPs except for Batuu... Would it be worth it to get it while it's on sale? I don't feel a particular way about it but I hear everyone else talk about how bad it is.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    @MotherHjonker quite a few simmers on the forum enjoy that pack. You can check out this thread for positive reactions.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980366/journey-to-batuu-positive-thoughts-thread/p1

Edited to add:

You also might want to check out Carl's Guide.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980366/journey-to-batuu-positive-thoughts-thread/p1

He also mentions this blog:

A blogger named Crazy Cat Nerd did an excellent write-up that you can read on her blog which will explain Batuu, the factions and characters involved. This pack has a tie-in with a Disney theme park attraction called Galaxy's Edge. If you are a Sims player who wants to understand what is going on in this pack and who the characters are, I highly recommend you visit her blog to learn more.

https://www.crazycatnerd.com/blog/a-simmers-guide-to-batuu
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on