The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out Refresh

It’s definitely time to have a Dine Out Refresh, the bugs and glitches are not acceptable and need sorting out, it would be nice to be able to hire family members, add a active waiter career so your Sim can get a job there without owning it, any other ideas please suggest here and we need to get the Sims team to listen to us.

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    I would love to be able to hire entertainers or singers for a restaurant, and also give them a uniform. Would also be nice to work in a restaurant as cook or bartender without owning it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't have ideas but I want to add that if the team ever does anything with dineout I hope they don't speed up the restaurant wait time.
    Restaurants are meant to be an "experience" and I love that my sims get to experience that. They get to know each other, draw, watch other sims, or do other things I add to the Restaurant as they wait for the food. One of my sims made his proposal to his date before the food came so they even got some romantic time.

I mention this because people always include speeding up wait times as things they want "fixed" in an update or refresh but It's working as intended. They already cut the eating and drinking bites by 90% at players request and sims speed eat their food which I hate hate hate.
    I use to have my sim make coffee and relax in the tub as they drink it. Now they drink it two sips and it's gone before they even relax.

Hiring family would definitely be fun. But I would love for sims to do all the active careers with friends and family.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Besides fixing the gameplay and bugs:
    • New harvestables in either pots or planters: oregano, thyme, mint and others herbs, so Sims can add a "touch" to their preparations.
    • Deep fryer and air fryer, to add garrisons like fries or nuggets.
    • The pizza oven in two variations: industrial steel one and the rustic one from TS3 Store with new bake dishes like pizza and calzonne.
    • New decoration like wine and oil bottles, sausages and ham leg
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    dine out is in desperate need of an update like spa day. aside from fixing bugs i'd love to see the folllowing:
    • new restaurants (including greasy spoon diners and fast food joints)
    • new cooking items like a hot plater, air fryer, brick oven
    • new harvestables and receipes
    • new kitchen/restaurant clutter
    • part-time jobs: server, host
    • semi-active careers: cook, chef
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited November 2022
    Even though it's one of the most bugged packs, it's also the most gameplay i get out of any pack, so as someone who loves the concept of Dine Out, it needs a huge refresh. It definitely needs to allow you to:
    • become the chef of your own restaurant and maybe you can only set the menu items based on your skill level, or the quality is still affected by your sim's skill levels.
    • hire family members
    • allow more task management for employees you hire
    • set wages
    • have more drink/food options. maybe expand upon the gourmet food options? I'd love to get more use out of that skill.
    • More perks for your restaurant to improve it.
    • allow you to "pass on knowledge" to family members and give them the deeds to the restaurant so they become the new owners when your sims age, just like in The Sims 2.

• Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited November 2022
    honeywitch wrote: »
    dine out is in desperate need of an update like spa day. aside from fixing bugs i'd love to see the folllowing:

omg yes I'd love a brick oven to make pizza, calzones, lasagna, etc like from TS3.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    honeywitch wrote: »

Deep fryer along with air fryer
    Herbs as new harvestables
    Restaurant clutter all the way!
    Maybe some nectar?
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Ok high chairs so toddlers can join and eat maybe even infants. Hot Pot can be added with more variety of food. Entertainment so like we can someone play the piano or violin, have like a celebration when they bring out the cake. Do we even tip the waiters if we don't we need to that's rude.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!