Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So a little rant

So I haven’t been playing the Sims much recently because I keep playing these 🐸🐸🐸🐸 holes and you keep irritating me because they do not wash dishes like at all and I’m not sure what’s going on they used to wash dishes but currently they aren’t anymore and also I keep complaining that I cannot use the hot pot I haven’t been able to use a hot pot for months every time I click it then notification comes up and then disappear no mods or anything like that and then my toddler I cannot bring food to them anymore because when I try it just says they cannot get it I’m not sure what’s going on so it’s really irritating me that I haven’t been in months Also journey to butu I’ve tried over the past few months play this game but it’s obviously it is broken I cannot complete any task whatsoever

And on a different note I am starting to really get annoyed at the animals and when I see them at home with them and then they just decide to leave huhhhhhh

And on that note my Sims no do not see it when eating anymore is there are so many surfaces in the house I built and they will just stand there I don’t even know what is going on I even tried to update the game I tried to repair the game but it seems like this is something that sims team has tomorrow Also sometimes my Sim teen does not go to school like the icon is there in a click on her to go to school or click the icon there for her to school and she just stays home all day

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    The Hot Pot thing might be related to the Simple Living lot trait (if you are using it) as the recipes don't use ingredients.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    The Hot Pot thing might be related to the Simple Living lot trait (if you are using it) as the recipes don't use ingredients.

I can confirm that for me the Hot Pot does not work if the Simple Living lot challenge is active on the lot. I use that lot challenge for most of my played households and I need to disable it any time I want to use the Hot Pot.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    My sims also rather stand in front of the fridge to eat, blocking other sims, instead of sitting down. I first thought maybe the tables are too far away but no, doesn't matter where you put the table.

I also have kids and teens sometimes randomly not being able to go to school, they just won't go even if I click for them to do so. Sometimes I have adult stay at home too but their icon say they are at work. So they can be sleeping/ bathing etc at home but working...
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    If you have Parenthood you can often solve eating at the table or rather not eating at the table by setting it.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,083 Member
    edited February 2022
    If you have Parenthood you can often solve eating at the table or rather not eating at the table by setting it.

I've found that even though the table is set properly my sims will still go to the nearest sim and sit with them.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2022

If that works 100% a resolution should not depend on another pack for a Sim to do what it was designed to do regardless of another pack being brought and used. The problem is EA/Maxis must do better and tweak their program and they do not aggressively.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I'm not always happy with where and how my sims eat, but I like that they do it differently, based on their person and the household. A sim can walk through many rooms in order to chat with another household member while eating. They often choose whether eating in the terrace or in dining room depending on where the other sims are. I hate it when they go to sit on a child's bed to eat+chat while child is actually trying to do homework. And even stupider it gets when they walk 3 floors and the sim they intended to chat with moved elsewhere before they got there...

About cleaning dishes, I see both. Someone mentioned in another thread that sims often need us to show them what to do to build their preferences, so maybe a sim who is directed to clean dishes a few times will do it automatically after a while?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BowtrucklerBowtruckler Posts: 16 Member
    I find that my Sim will automatically clean up his latest plate after he finishes eating, but he'll ignore any earlier plates that need cleaning, even though they're polluting the property. Then he'll start throwing a wobbly over the dirty environment, very frustrating!
  • Options
    babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
    Thanks for understanding guys ,It’s really frustrating that a lot challenge will stop it from being functional.

Also the dishes My sims have been doing the dishes last year it’s only the ending of last year that I noticed that they have stop doing dishes Maybe like sometime around like September October I thought it was just a glitch and that it would be fixed or they honestly just leave them laying around and when I click for them to load the dishwasher or to wash the dishes they will just pick them up pile together and just placed on a empty surface , A previous household that I had same as it normally clean my system would do that anymore they will sit in the mess and then complain about it.
    And please tell me that I’m not the only one who noticed our toddlers really have nothing to do they don’t have toys that they can go on example Rocking horse, sandpits ect or anything like that that makes them fun , I don’t play for a long.

Also I feel like there is really nothing different from being a teen from an adult you basically do everything that an adult does.

Also what I find a little bit odd is that if you have a gets famous and you’re related you can’t talk normally to your family members unless you approach them and try to talk to them so I think that’s super weird and then it does not work the first time so you cannot talk to them at all.

Also I feel like family in this game it does nothing like for example if you have a grandmother or an aunt they are basically just a title placed on strangers in the world no effect in your life or anything like that

So on s little happy note is that I had a teen date another household and she went to visit his house and I don’t know how he noticed that she was hungry but he cooked and then he called meal to guest I was super happy about that.
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    thank you for this thread - i was searching for anyone with hot pot issues because no matter what i do my girl can't use her hot pot and i now know it must be the simple living lot challenge that i always use. irritating this hasn't been addressed.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    You said you did a game repair, but have you done a game folder Refresh? Sounds as if you need to do it. Go into your documents files, rename your Sims4 folder by adding _Old to the name of it. Then start your game. A new folder will regenerate. Save and exit your game. Then replace the saves folder for the one in your old game folder. Likewise exchange the Tray, too. If you have Mods, drag your mods into the new folder. Your saves will be intact and you should be good to go. You will have to sit through the placement of certain venues that came with whatever various packs you own, but the game, hopefully, will play. Best of luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @babytes You're not alone, I've been having trouble playing my game as well because there are so many little glitches going on all the time, every game expansion/pack adds new broken things to the game. The people behind the Sims need to be more mindful of what they are developing and need to playtest it much more thoroughly, they have one of the biggest franchises in Gaming from what I understand yet they seem to halfway do their jobs as far as making content that works like it should. Maybe designing and developing things is more difficult than I understand but Sims 4 is the buggiest gaming experience I've ever had most likely and yet I keep coming back to it.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    edited November 2022
    babytes wrote: »
    My sims have been doing the dishes last year it’s only the ending of last year that I noticed that they have stop doing dishes Maybe like sometime around like September October I thought it was just a glitch and that it would be fixed or they honestly just leave them laying around and when I click for them to load the dishwasher or to wash the dishes they will just pick them up pile together and just placed on a empty surface

This happens when there's a plate or glass somewhere the sims can't reach. There are a number of places sims can put dishes down, but can't pick them up from, including on top of half walls, high shelves or sometimes even under furniture. They get to the dish they can't collect, fail to get it, then give up on the whole task and leave the pile on a table or floor. It is annoying. Sometimes I've had to completely rebuild a room because I just couldn't find the offending dish.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    It's not the lot challenge, because I haven't even used that at all and noticed that hot pots are broken. I'd have them make a hot pot to share with others and then somehow nobody could seem to start eating.

Have encountered so many similar bugs in the past, like with high chairs and starving toddlers, that I just gave up using a hot pot. It wasn't like this, then suddenly it was, so I figure an update broke the hotpot function somehow. But who knows. I haven't played sims4 in a good while but reading this, had to agree, seems like something made hotpots buggy when they weren't before.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg