Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods yay or nay

13...Next

Comments

• Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    Limited Mods (only mods like overwatch, error trap, Smooth patch, etc)
    It took me a LONG time to warm up to the idea of using mods. Now, most if not all of my builds are modded with T.O.O.L. by TwistedMexi. I also started rotating various items and posting them for others to use in their builds, including an 11-piece drum set I made. Fun stuff! 😁
    I've used Tray Importer by Deevo to replace Maxis' useless screenshots on some of my builds. The only problem with that is they get tagged CC and friends that play on console can't see them in my catalog. Aside from that, I haven't ventured any further into mods but, who knows....
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Heavy Mods (Gotta have them ALL)
    Heavy mods, but I don't have them all. I pick the ones I want. But I want a lot of the game to be modded, so...
  • LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    edited October 2022
    Other
    to start I will say I have never in my life been a limited Mod user that is for sure. I chose other because when I started using Mods and CC I went in full force, I downloaded basically everything that came across my computer screen it kinda got out of hand. Nowadays I have more than just the 'bare minimum' (nrass and its addons ect.) but still have a fairly small collection and I have gotten a lot more picky in what mods I add to my game. a couple visual mods, gameplay tweaks, getting rid of those F**** imaginary friends, and others similar.
  • NolaHexemNolaHexem Posts: 62 Member
    edited October 2022
    Ummmmmmmm.....*whistles*

5b8e59735c912b843b36ef283ec15a5a.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @NolaHexem - Wow. I'm having to rebuild my mods folder and I don't have near as much in terms of cc or script mods.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • NolaHexemNolaHexem Posts: 62 Member
    Wow. I'm having to rebuild my mods folder and I don't have near as much in terms of cc or script mods.

Truthfully, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone have as many as I do. I'm sure they're out there, but that's 8 years worth. I'm thinking about deleting and starting over, but seriously....going through 26k items just doesn't sound appealing at all.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    As a guy, a lot of the stuff I have is stuff that I can't find because most of the creators have "taken their ball and gone home". It's military stuff...had a hard-drive crash (external)...which means that I really need to start doing SSD backups of my stuff. It's either that or try to get this middle-aged brain of mine to figure out how to work "Blender" and "Milkshape" and make my own. Thank goodness, my wife gets me through the muddle that I have trying to figure out what's good for my female sims in terms of hair and makeup. :wink:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • BuildModeBuildMode Posts: 23 Member
    I've found that, for me, minimal modding is the way to go. Heavy mods lag my game, but I do enjoy using some script mods. Limited mods is the happy medium.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I got all the nrass essentials like error trap and over watch. I also have story progression, tempest go here, returner, and a few others from there.

I have several mods by icarus_allstar and thesaeetsimmer Buzler and other creators.

Generally I like mods that add new well done interactions, fix bugs, fix cheaty store content (e.g overkill motive increases), or improve autonomy/features

True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • tanezumitanezumi Posts: 15 Member
    ok well; it depends. the sims 3 was a very heavy game, adding more to it can just cause it to collapse in on itself. the lag is incredible. but more mods dont cost you anything as long as you pc doesnt explode! just having fun and stacking mods on eachother to see how you can make it work is either very tiring or fun. you choose......
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Back in the day I used all the mods all the time and had gigabyte after gigabyte of cc and mods for my sims games. These days, I use just the repair/enhance mods like the NRAAS suite of mods for SP and optimization and MCCC.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    Other
    I don't have mods in my game, yet, but I am considering downloading some eventually.
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    Other
    I have the Nraas Mods and like 5 script mods from MTS. But I chose 'other' because the only bonus mods that I have is custom careers, which are a lot. I don't have many packs so I want to add a bit more of a variety in that section.
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Once upon a time in "an earlier iteration", and the exchange was broken for about 6 months before another 6 to 12 months and the final closure of it, we discovered that by playing with no expansions and no patches, we could still upload to that exchange. Not a lot of people were willing to play that way, so there wasn't a lot of new uploads besides a few including mine. That meant also not using many, if any, mods or cc because a lot of them were made for including the expansions. It made for very smooth performance and a lot less computer chewing, and there were only a few minor game glitches that the first patch was meant to fix (but had to do without that patch to be able to upload), but it also made for some interesting, challenging story material. Otherwise one could play with all the extras, take the photos and then remove the extras while uploading, and put them back after. It was easier to keep it vanilla.
    With the Sims 3 though, not long after I got it and started playing it, everyone said its completely unplayable without the mods. So I got some nraas mods, and haven't played it without them for long enough to know if that is really true, or if its just a preference.
    One of the Windows updates a couple of years ago though, broke the ability to install and play from disk, so then the launcher can't be avoided, which comes with problems that have to use the patches and a few new mods regarding the earlier Sims.
    One of these days I'll try to recondition one of my old computers, don't connect it to the internet and play from disk without the launcher. It has to be an old one because all the new one's connect to the wifi, and then the updates get forced.
    Anyway ...
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    nraas mods i consider essential
    but theres so many amazing, amazing mods i couldnt live without now

surprises me just how many mods are STILL being made!
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    No Mods (Vanilla)
    I run a clean game. I used to run a handful of mods back in the early 2010s but then my game took a long time to start up. I also ran into a problem where my sims' arms and legs would get really deformed; I think a horse mod somehow got in too. I cleared all that stuff off and now my game runs great! It keeps my computer in good shape also.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I usually use mods for the following:

1) game breaking bugs

2) making the game run much more smoothly

3) to make the game areas feel more populated (like drawing more sims to a lot for communities, businesses, parties, etc, and for ability to gather together at a table or eat together outside in tables for rabbit hole places)

4) and to make life easier for my mermaids (like little to no drying out and making the mermaids’ hunger needs easier to deal with, etc)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    Other
    Heavy on custom content (I don't like a lot of the building/CAS items), light on mods. Learned my lesson when I had so many conflicting script and core mods my game became virtually unplayable.
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I only use Carl's MWS fix and Dine Out Reloaded.
    Happy simming!
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited March 2023
    It'd be frankly impossible to play any Sims game unmodded without wanting to question myself, especially TS3. Life without smooth patch and Nraas' anticorruption mods would be nearly as broken as the Sims 2.

Not to mention anything to give my Sims a little less same-face
    L9q8VGi.png
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited March 2023
    If VERY VERY limited were an answer that would be mine. I couldn't play it without error trap and overwatch. I have one that came with a GREAT download (40X40 smaller Film Studio) that removes the wall sparkles as you build. I don't even know what Smooth Patch is.
    Someone earlier posted about how they would have gotten bored without them, and so I think when/if I get bored I will try some though there is a no fridge shopping mod that sounds appealing.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• ltawtltawt Posts: 11 New Member
    Other
    I like mods I love seeing which ones other people have I used to have some on my old laptop some years ago but I’m too scared to get them on my new laptop bc I don’t want my game to lag😭😭😭
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Other
    I have some big mods like Master Controller, Story Progression, and mods that tweak or fix minor things and even a few that add extra stuff since Sims 3 is no longer the actively worked on Sims game but I'm pretty picky about mods. CC however... the amount of hair, rugs, and painting I have alone is a lot :sweat_smile:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    I only use a limited amount of mods, mostly to fix game breaking problems. The first mod I ever got was way back soon after Late Night released and the car spawning bug manifested, so I had to find out what was happening to my game and how to fix it, which led me to Overwatch. I remember long ago, when it used to delete hundreds of cars per day, now it's down to only 20-30 cars most days. It's pretty disgusting that even after all these years EA never fixed such a huge game-breaking bug. It's the #3 reason I never got Sims 4.
    Then I had to get Master Controller when I started a new game in Barnacle Bay, and every single sim in town was a 2 or 3 star celebrity and you couldn't interact normally with anybody.
    And after playing in a town for 3 or 4 generations of sims and the townies were all dying off and not being replaced I got Story Progression. But I don't care what they are doing so I have all notifications turned off.
    When I run Seasons, I have to have Tempest installed because the default EA weather system is so stupid.