Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Nraas.

Hi, everyone! Long time no see!

So, I'm back to playing the sims and I have some questions. I have researched several times, that's why I'm posting here. Maybe I've missed something...

First, where in Nraas StoryProgression can I allow townies to join the performance careers in case they have the lifetime wish? I realized that my sims are never acrobats, magicians or singers;

I also wanted to make sure I would have 3 or 4 performers as homeless, but they are always deleted or assigned in other roles...

Second, where in Nraas StoryProgression can I make the mod let me know when a couple breaks up? I get the messages when sims fall in love, go steady and get married, but I never know when they get divorced.

Last, how can I delete imaginary friends from households that I'm not playing? I have deleted all dolls from the world and I also added a mod that doesn't allow sims to get dolls, but, three or four appear as error. :-(

Thanks a lot for reading it.

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I use NRAAS mods but haven't looked for much in them unless I have a specific problem I want to fix.

I have, over the years, had several sims I've played in performance careers and then moved them out to live on their own. Later on I've discovered they had reached level 10 in their chosen performance career. My sims in these careers were never homeless.

You can probably delete the Imaginary Friend dolls using Object Delete provided that they have never become live in any form. Once they have become live, you'll need to treat them as if they are any other sim when trying to get rid of them. I would probably use Master Controller to Totally Annihilate them. You might need the Cheats, or some other, module as well to get the option to use MC to annihilate a sim.

• McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Hi, everyone! Long time no see!

So, I'm back to playing the sims and I have some questions. I have researched several times, that's why I'm posting here. Maybe I've missed something...

First, where in Nraas StoryProgression can I allow townies to join the performance careers in case they have the lifetime wish? I realized that my sims are never acrobats, magicians or singers;

I also wanted to make sure I would have 3 or 4 performers as homeless, but they are always deleted or assigned in other roles...

Second, where in Nraas StoryProgression can I make the mod let me know when a couple breaks up? I get the messages when sims fall in love, go steady and get married, but I never know when they get divorced.

Last, how can I delete imaginary friends from households that I'm not playing? I have deleted all dolls from the world and I also added a mod that doesn't allow sims to get dolls, but, three or four appear as error. :-(

Thanks a lot for reading it.

1. does it auto as they're needed by the game pulling from homeless sims

stop game deleting homeless sims here:
    Options: Household \ Manage Homeless
    The Acrobat, Singer, and Magician career employed sims can be actives, inactive residents, or they can be homeless NPCs, but they are not Service Sims. They have job levels in these careers and attempt to earn money by performing in parks and at venues.

2. this has been a known issue since 2014, i don't believe it was ever fixed. all you can do is go under options: romance and make sure story pushes are set for inactives

Stop babies receiving the Imaginary Friend Doll from their relative.
    By default, the chance of a baby sim receiving an Imaginary Friend Doll from their relative is set to 75%. To disable that chance completely do the following:

Install Retuner
    Go to the Members' Retuner Settings page and use the Ctrl+F keyboard shortcut to search for the keyword "imaginary". Make a note of the path to follow in Retuner's menu.
    From the City Hall, navigate the menu: "NRaas \ Retuner \ Settings" then continue with the path noted in step 2 above.
    Click on the checkmark button to accept.
    Delete ALL existing Imaginary Friend Dolls from the town.
    Install MasterController
    From City Hall or any computer, navigate the menu: "NRaas \ Master Controller \ Town \ Object Stats \ Local".
    Locate the entry "Objects.Miscellaneous.Imaginary Doll" in the list, select it and press the "Accept".

ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    @Karritz and @McTosh Thanks a lot for your replies!! <3

I'll double-check why my game doesn't select residents to become performers by itself. In case I can't find anything, I might as well choose for them manually. If they're already in the career, they do just like Karritz mentioned.

I'll also try "NRaas \ Master Controller \ Town \ Object Stats \ Local" to check if the imaginary dolls appear there. I often just select "inventory". I'll do it now, thanks!
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member

I'll also try "NRaas \ Master Controller \ Town \ Object Stats \ Local" to check if the imaginary dolls appear there. I often just select "inventory". I'll do it now, thanks!

WOW, this actually worked out! I found 5 imaginary dolls in the world! Thanks!!

• McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member

WOW, this actually worked out! I found 5 imaginary dolls in the world! Thanks!!

glad to hear it! happy simming :D
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D