Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next EP might be Sims 4 Generations

Comments

• EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    From the images form Behind the sims summit we now know the box was from Everyday clutter kit and the chair was from Pastel pop kit.
    So those two are not hinting at Generations... unless those kits are hints. But Everyday clutter points more at hobbies and Pastel pop seems like Highschool years reject.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    *sighing* Y'all are right! Looks like Everyday Clutter and Pop Pastel Kits are coming this year, but I don't know what dates are they decide to reveal, cause I just had a bad feeling about stuff packs for 2022
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Esia wrote: »
    Pastel pop seems like Highschool years reject.

That's the exact same thought I had! That it looked like stuff they could have added to HSY. But they've done this before, with the country kitchen kit, went very well with CoL.

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2022
    I saw some people say that pastel may have been left over from high school years but no, it was developed separately with the help of a youtuber. I think it’s just coincidence to come out so quickly after a pack with a similar style.

I think it compliments HSY and Country life which is kinda what I’m using mostly in my house so I will get this kit but probably not clutter.

The dentures didn’t show up in the kits though so now I’m mostly convinced we will get either a generations pack or both an elders and a children’s pack.
  • HyawehHyaweh Posts: 36 Member
    I honestly think the Generation extension will come no longer after the infant update. We can imagine the denture being a part of it and the extension offers better elders, more alive kids and family activities. We can imagine strollers, bike for kids, walks in family, etc.
    Sorry for my English, I'm French.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited November 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    also when baby is crawling there is pig thing on shelf that looks it has the redacted pig statues face i wonder if thats a piggy bank

That actually is the base game Zen bookshelf that has the pig on it. Nothing new to see there.

Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    edited November 2022
    While I don’t play the sims 4 right now. (I find it less engaging than the ts2 and ts3 which I both play), I think a generations and or hobby pack would be great.

A generations pack should focus on unique gameplay for all ages to make them more distinct.

Toddlers need
    1. Game interactions between each other (pat a cake etc.)
    2. Games interactions with older kids and adults (hide and seek etc)
    3. Ability to hug other toddlers
    4. More teaching moments between older sims (kids-adults) and toddlers (e.g. learning to ride bike)

Children need
    1. Games to play with other children (tag, cops and robbers, hide and seek etc)
    2. Games to play with older sims (will only automatically initiate this to family members) such as hide and seek, being swung around, etc
    3. Imaginative play with other children or by themselves
    4. After school activities like ballet or chess club

Teens need
    1. Acne/zits (if it isn’t already added)
    2. Mood swings
    3. More pranks (integrated with parenthood game pack)
    4. Teen specific interactions like fake out, high five, etc.

Adults need
    1. Midlife crisis
    2. More interactions between family members like family kiss,

Elders need
    1. Canes
    2. Elder care/ retirement homes?
    3. Elder specific interactions like pinch check, show off photo album
    4. Ability to make them less tech savvy/ more old fashioned

Also they need to add tags to clothing for teens, young adults, adults and elders in CAS which limit what sims will automatically wear/ spawn with, so npc/townies wear more appropriate clothing. This would be done in a patch

For a hobbies pack they can make it like sims 2 free time with like and dislikes playing a bigger role

Hobbies would be decided into categories again such as
    Sports, music, arts, games, fitness, cuisine, science, nature, film & literature, etc

Sims would have a favorite hobby and disliked hobby. Sims would partake in dislikes hobbies less, occasionally get a negative bored moodlet when performing disliked hobbies (would not occur if they had high skill in hobby activity e.g. 6+ skill in singing would mean they would not dislike doing that if they hated music hobby)

This pack would also add new objects and activities related to the hobbies for sims to partake in (so all ages can start hobbies)

As sims do hobbies more they can unlock unique interactions, benefits and more. However if sims don’t engage in hobbies they will fade over time (will fade slower if sims have high level in hobby)

Patch for this pack could reintroduce interests like the sims 2 when sims are chatting. Would also clean up menus grouping similar interactions together (e.g. friendly… talk about… art, music, etc..
    sims who have different interests may get negative relationships when talking about those topics with each other.
    Post edited by peterskywalker on
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    I guess it's possible and not only 'cause of the teeth. The box in the upper right corner looks like a time capsule of sort a bit. It has a tape from a tape-recorded inside and some snail-letters on top. Also pictures of both upcoming worlds have children at the front. So I think it's very possible.

I don't know. I think those teeth could just be part of a kit. We'll see.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited November 2022
    Bike for children
    Infant game update

New worlds

aqhbd91vitk6.jpg

The first world on the left looks the buildings that were shown in the spark trailer yesterday. Anyone notice the pool has green water? The sim is wading his feet in it. I also notice someone is walking thier dog. Prehaps animals will spawn in other worlds besides Brendleton Bay now.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Bike for children
    Infant game update

New worlds

aqhbd91vitk6.jpg

The first world on the left looks the buildings that were shown in the spark trailer yesterday. Anyone notice the pool has green water? The sim is wading his feet in it. I also notice someone is walking thier dog. Prehaps animals will spawn in other worlds besides Brendleton Bay now.

Hm... is that water at all? I mean, the texture is a bit different than other lawn in picture, but the edges are not transparent and the sim seems to wear long trousers and shoes... ?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited November 2022
    My thing is, how will this work if it is a "generations" pack? I know for one it was said before that they "don't want to do Generations", 2. they always split up specific concept into different packs and sell them to us separately and get more money that way. Plus, the latest EP is for the teen life stage, so are they just going to...add leftover teen gameplay in this pack that they didn't add to HSY? That's what worries me. Because generations is way too broad of a concept, which they don't typically do with the TS4. Plus, we have Parenthood. All i could think is them making a pack to center around "childhood" or maybe "the good old days"? Idk, cause then the dentures and elder life stage will need to fit into it somehow along with children and infants. It just seems slightly confusing. Though as for the concept art for the two new worlds coming, I saw many on Twitter say that they look similar to both a Brazilian Beach Town and Korean City, which were both on that 2020 survey.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited November 2022
    I was just thinking about Generations yesterday as I was thinking on High School Years.
    I don't believe we will get a Generations pack. I think we are getting it in chunks.

1) Parenthood (Toddlers/Children/Young Adults)
    2) High school Years (Teens)
    3) Mid-life Crisis? (Adults)
    4) Golden Years? (Elders)

Maxis could combine adults in elders in the same EP though.
    Perhaps how you go through the mid-life crisis will determine the state of your golden-years (Iron, Bronze, Silver, or Gold)

However, if a Generations pack does arrive, I guess the focus could be adults and elders with extra content to add more depth for the other life-stages.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I was just thinking about Generations yesterday as I was thinking on High School Years.
    I don't believe we will get a Generations pack. I think we are getting it in chunks.

Perhaps how you go through the mid-life crisis will determine the state of your golden-years (Iron, Bronze, Silver, or Gold)

However, if a Generations pack does arrive, I guess the focus could be adults and elders with extra content to add more depth for the other life-stages.

Please don’t lump adults and elders together. This game already makes me feel old sometimes. Lol
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2022

0) Childhood (Infants/Toddlers/Children) :p

9geh88449zec.jpgaue86bi6qphk.jpgslgp8uzxho1q.jpg

3n24jea9z0gu.jpeg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2022
    @CK213

Note :

Parenthood gameplay is from Toddlers to Elders .

From Character values + Phases to Grandparent/Grandchild relationship + Parenting skill (Parental authority on Adult for strict parent).
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

that would be cool
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I wish they'd give us some more info. Not that's its unlike them to keep quiet but I was hoping they'd keep us more informed of what's coming.

I'd love for Daycare to make a comeback. They have some great CC for toddlers and kids.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    I wish they'd give us some more info. Not that's its unlike them to keep quiet but I was hoping they'd keep us more informed of what's coming.

I'd love for Daycare to make a comeback. They have some great CC for toddlers and kids.
    I agree, I wish they'd give us even a small crumb of new info...I feel like we're not going to hear anything now till next year. Daycare was my favourite career in sims 3!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Bbn

I hope they focus on Infants, toddlers, children and elders, as they don’t have as much content as teen through adult.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I think it is. Because of infant update, false teeth and SGNinja posting a photo with a scythe. Perhaps something for elders?
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    yup i think theres a sims 4 generations pack coming
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Well, for a generation pack.This what I want.

Slides and other playground equipment
    A new arcade lot with video games like dance, dance .That you can win tokens and prizes

A daycare career

Family events like game night or meeting.

Nursing homes, canes,