Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Para-lives Or Sims 5?

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited November 2022
    None of them. I'm a little tired of the girly/childish style.

I'm waiting for new games with high quality graphic like Mass Effect done by 3D pro developers.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    Assuming Project Rene is not a spin-off, but truly the next generation of The Sims; I question how its plan to be playable on mobile devices will affect the appearance and capabilities of the game.

I don't like the style of Parafolk, but I may end up jumping ship if TS5 goes with the software-as-a-service model and/or be a cloud game, which will be the final straw for me.
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 155 Member
    I'm not interested in spending hundreds of dollars on Sims DLC's anymore. If someone that isn't EA released Sims 5, they can have my money. But I will never spend money on an EA product ever again. I will keep playing Sims 3 and SIms 2, they were great. Paralives looks super fun and awesome. I love the options available like height adjuster, the way it looks, and the customization in Paras and objects (that EA has already stolen)/. But I have learned to not get excited about something until I see it. I'll wait a year until it comes out. But I'm not buying Sims 5 until I get a full refund for Sims 4.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Assuming Project Rene is not a spin-off, but truly the next generation of The Sims; I question how its plan to be playable on mobile devices will affect the appearance and capabilities of the game.

I don't like the style of Parafolk, but I may end up jumping ship if TS5 goes with the software-as-a-service model and/or be a cloud game, which will be the final straw for me.

I agree with all of your concerns, especially the mobile aspect of this new game.

For me, "next generation" has always implied bigger, better, and more of what was so beloved in the first place. Yet, The Sims franchise seems hellbent on running in the opposite direction. How many sacrifices will be made this time?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I feel like I know about the same about both, so time will tell lol
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2022
    Honestly I'm hoping a big games company will attempt a life sim game in the near future. At the moment for me 5 and Paralives both look quite basic visually. It's 2022, I really want to see a life sim that takes advantage of new technology and feels like a next gen game. The graphics capability of the latest engines is insane, but it seems like 5 and Paralives are both holding themselves back by once again making it work for potato computers.

I just want to feel blown away by a life sim and feel like it's a true upgrade over the predecessors, if the graphics are going to be "just ok" I might as well stick with 3 as the graphics of that game are "just ok" and the gameplays good. For reference this is what's capable now visually, it's a whole different league:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC5KtatMcUw&ab_channel=UnrealEngine
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It is always fun to root for the underdog and I hope Paralives get their game out before Sims 5 comes out!
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Sims 4 has now incorporated many of the building features Paralives offered. Paralives also has a 2D character style. However, it still looks like an excellent option, especially if multiplayer is poorly implemented or a subscription becomes required to play. Odds are, if I can, I will play both. My budget is very tight lately.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I really don't like the graphics/aesthetic of Paralives whatsoever and while I've seen some cool creation features, I'm not that impressed overall and it's definitely not enough to convince me to buy it.

I'm also still on the fence about TS5. It seems like the multiplayer aspect might actually be optional which was my biggest concern about this whole thing. But the idea of making it playable across multiple platforms, including mobile does scare me a bit. Does this mean mods and cc are going to be a thing of the past seeing as mobile devices likely won't be able to handle it? Or will it be like now wherein only PC users are able to use them. And then of course there's the whole having to potentially wait years before any occults are even released which is really my only playstyle.

I'm leaning towards neither for the time being... but if as time goes on, something about either Paralives or TS5 is mentioned that I find really intriguing. I might choose to give them a shot.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The more leaks I see of Sims 5 the more I lose interest the worlds remind me very much of Sims 4 very stylized I don't want another game that does not feel like it's my game and I'm locked into world themes and designs I do not want. I guess I will have to wait and see if this is the case but I know for a fact with Paralives can be edited including lot sizes.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Both. I'm buying both.
  • LexstraLexstra Posts: 18 Member
    Realistcally none, im fine with my other sims games but..
    If i have to REALLY choose the cake at this rate has to to go paralives...
    The sims team have shown in recent years with the disregard of sims 3 and 2 that they can produce some rubbish.
    Sims 4 is very much giving cash grab right now with the lack of content..
    If this continues, paralives will take over.
    Paralives will become the city skylines of the sims 5 and completely destory it..
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    sadly everything I am hearing and reading about sims5 has me leaning towards goodbye sims. Makes me sad, have been with the sims from the beginning. But hearing it is going to be online internet based is a no. plus for the sims do not look real for once it is most likely a good bye for me. (hope you are hearing the sims team) plus add seasons with the base game. like Paralives otherwise bye bye
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Honestly, I’m sticking to Paralives. Have you seen what they’ve been posting on their Patreon lately? It’s too good to be true of a game.

I’m so excited to make it my long-term life simulation game. The fact that it’s open world is so relieving!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Waiting for a finished product, provided there will be one.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Kbobster wrote: »
    I'm not interested in spending hundreds of dollars on Sims DLC's anymore. If someone that isn't EA released Sims 5, they can have my money. But I will never spend money on an EA product ever again. I will keep playing Sims 3 and SIms 2, they were great. Paralives looks super fun and awesome. I love the options available like height adjuster, the way it looks, and the customization in Paras and objects (that EA has already stolen)/. But I have learned to not get excited about something until I see it. I'll wait a year until it comes out. But I'm not buying Sims 5 until I get a full refund for Sims 4.

This is the best post! You hit the nail on the head.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sims 4, Civilization VI & Disney Dreamlight Valley is enough for me. :p
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    I personally think Paralives will be its own little game, it will have pros and cons and sims 5 will have its own pros and cons. I guess I see it like Pokemon and Digimon, I liked both shows, they shared similarities but they were their own shows with pros and cons.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Depends on the features.

Paralives looks great and if they deliver their promises it will be a great game. Obviously visually and sound wise it well be less than the sims, and it will feel more indie. However if the personalities of the paras are good, then I will enjoy it, especially if they have good mod support.

The sims 5 looks promising from the info and leaks so far. Sounds like customization is going to be great and it is most likely going to be open world from the leaks (or so I hope).
    I just hope that the game will have more personality like the sims 3 and especially sims 2. In ts4 I feel like all sims are the same, and are generally agreeable with each other. Sims rarely argue, fight, or fail interactions without player intervention.

True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I don't have a lot of hope for Sims 5. They already stated they want a more multiplayer approach, and games as a trend are heading towards having much more microtransactions, which are a staple of every MMO I play. I usually avoid the extra paid stuff in my MMORPGs, and as a result I'll never really reach end-game, but I'm ok with that since it's a free game. But if Sims 5 ends up being too similar to Sims Mobile, where you have to play constantly to complete events for the prizes or have to pay money to get it before it's gone, then I'm not gonna like it much. I'll probably grab base game for Sims 5 but I don't plan on touching any DLC unless they really step up Occult gameplay to the next level. Sims 4 occults have been a hit or miss, and I've already spent a lot of money on both TS4 and TS3, so if TS5 isn't super tempting with gameplay I'm not planning on being a DLC collector for that game.

For Paralives, I'm really excited for there to actually be another life-simulator that's similar to The Sims and not just like a farming or dating sim. I don't expect it to be better than Sims 4, since it's an Indie game, I don't have the expectation that it's going to be my perfect dream sims game like a lot of other people are, but I am really excited for it. I plan on buying Paralives and any DLC they make for it simply because it's the first life simulator that's come out that's not The Sims franchise, and I'd love this genre to get more games like that coming out. And with the news I'm hearing about Paralives, I'm confident that it'll be a fun experience worth the money, even if I like Sims 3 better.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    I don't have a lot of hope for Sims 5. They already stated they want a more multiplayer approach, and games as a trend are heading towards having much more microtransactions, which are a staple of every MMO I play. I usually avoid the extra paid stuff in my MMORPGs, and as a result I'll never really reach end-game, but I'm ok with that since it's a free game. But if Sims 5 ends up being too similar to Sims Mobile, where you have to play constantly to complete events for the prizes or have to pay money to get it before it's gone, then I'm not gonna like it much. I'll probably grab base game for Sims 5 but I don't plan on touching any DLC unless they really step up Occult gameplay to the next level. Sims 4 occults have been a hit or miss, and I've already spent a lot of money on both TS4 and TS3, so if TS5 isn't super tempting with gameplay I'm not planning on being a DLC collector for that game.

For Paralives, I'm really excited for there to actually be another life-simulator that's similar to The Sims and not just like a farming or dating sim. I don't expect it to be better than Sims 4, since it's an Indie game, I don't have the expectation that it's going to be my perfect dream sims game like a lot of other people are, but I am really excited for it. I plan on buying Paralives and any DLC they make for it simply because it's the first life simulator that's come out that's not The Sims franchise, and I'd love this genre to get more games like that coming out. And with the news I'm hearing about Paralives, I'm confident that it'll be a fun experience worth the money, even if I like Sims 3 better.

Paralives released some new very detailed photos of the first floor of a house
    6adMCGP.gif
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2023
    Still waiting for a finished product or Early Access from either one... Whichever one is similar to Sims 2/Sims 3 with detailed simulation of the characters.

(The character gameplay and character customization are my focus. I'm not a good builder or like building, so building tools don't impress me much. I'm waiting to see more character gameplay.)

In the meantime, I have Sims 1/2/3 collections as well as various farming simulation games, some of which are Early Access and some are not, (ie: Rune Factory series; Stardew Valley; Disney Dreamlight Valley; My Time At Sandrock; etc) to play while I'll wait.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2023
    Honestly.. I'm not that excited for new life simulation games anymore. I don't think either will be all that great.

Maybe a few years ago I would've been, but seeing the current state of modern video game releases these past few years? Hard pass. I'm too jaded and the fact that TS4 is now free-to-play makes me feel like Project Rene/TS5 is going to have an online subscription service or require a constant internet connection and worst case scenario it becomes a MMORPG or multiplayer game + all the sandbox elements are removed as a result.

On a related note, seeing how AWFUL the support for TS3 players has been with the new dreaded EA app and when it comes to hardware/software related to TS3 and how you have to manually go into TS3's game files to get it to recognize your GPU + CPU on modern machines... and also how they've just completely shunned the previous 3 Sims games from their public perception in favor of TS4 leaves an awful taste in my mouth. TS1 can't even run on machines past Windows 8 without various workarounds/mods, and TS2 needs them as well. They really do not care about the older games in the slightest. If TS5 comes out, this problem will be amplified times 1000.

I'm also not interested in forking over hundreds of dollars on DLCs again to any kind of company.
    Say all what you want about EA's less than favorable business practices and pay-to-win/pay-to-play mechanics, but every video game company and conglomerate is now guilty of having way too much DLC and microtransactions included in their games. Welcome to the future, and it's here to stay. It's not just an EA thing and painting it as one is disingenuous. Paralives is ALREADY talking about how they're also planning to add DLC down the road and nope! Instantly not for me. Considering Cities Skylines -- objectively Simcity's biggest competitor went down the same road as Simcity/The Sims in regards to DLCs/Expansions makes me laugh at everyone thinking that Paralives is going to be any different.

Remember all those other life simulation games that were going to compete with The Sims that never came out because they were just hoaxes or too overly ambitious for a small team? I seriously get those vibes from Paralives. I don't think it's ever going to come out, and if it does -- it won't be the way everyone imagined and will be a total let down.

I'm really trying not to be a Debby downer here, just trying to think realistically is all.
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited January 2023
    Huh, Paralives. I completely forgot about that game.

Once Paralives is finished, has gotten enough content updates that the game is most likely going to get post-release (or very likely, DLC, which I'll dislike) and if it is well received, I'll check it out thoroughly through videos online to see if it's something I'd like, but there's a decent chance I'll pass. I already have enough games as it is and there's already more on my radar for this year. I also have my doubts as I'm not certain a life simulator game funded by Patrons could ever compete with The Sims. I hope it does well, but for me, Paralives has to blow my mind for me to buy it.

I'll vet TS5 when it comes out, but mostly out of curiosity. There is a very high chance that I will not buy TS5. After coming from a system of TS3's expansions always dropping a ton of deep, interesting, connected content to TS4 constantly taking ideas and making as much DLC as possible out of them, I've no hope TS5 will be any better at all.

After I finish my big story in TS4, I'll probably return to TS3 and continue my challenge there with my Sim. Which was to max out all skills, complete all the Skill Challenges, max out all careers, complete all degrees, complete all Lifetime Challenges, become crazy rich, and buy every single property in every single town. It was a ton of fun until I got burned out and decided to focus on TS4 first.

TL:DR: Most likely neither. Paralives has to be very good for me to consider supporting it and for TS5, I heavily doubt Maxis and EA will not pull the same crap they did with TS4.
    Post edited by LJK on
  • YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
    When the time comes, which one has my favorite zodiac signs, which one will be better. But if it's like the zodiac signs in Sims 3, then forget it.
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).