Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which pack has been most influential in your game?

Comments

• Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited November 2022
    paranormal stuff usually as i love the medium table & haunted lot challenge. also cottage living as it’s good for ordering groceries and going to buy produce.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Snowy Escape and Paranormal in quick succession. The mountain spirits and later the spectres eased me into playing more with occult elements and eventually opened the door to adding Realm of Magic and to dust off the vampires pack again. The progression felt organic, my sims were slowly discovering the bigger picture.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2022
    It’s either seasons or city living. I played both a lot. I also played parenthood a lot too. If I rated my most used packs it would go something like this.

1. season
    2. City living
    3. Parenthood
    4. High School Years
    5. Spa Day

These aren’t my favourite packs so much as the ones I’ve used the most percentage of content from and know the best. I also use that Incheon Arrivals kit all the time, like almost every sim 😂
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Can you group sims without Get Together? Maybe it's a BG feature.... Besides grouping sims, the clubs are always used in my game, and I love the huge world of Windenburg. Seasons and Get Together, hard for me to choose.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Parenthood
    Seasons
    Get Famous
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,907 Member
    Gottage Living. Island Living , Snowy Escape (followed closely Jungle Adventures and City Living)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Standing tall above the rest - Seasons
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Hands down, Seasons is the most influential. It's in the background of everything in-game. I really enjoy the storms and the snow effect on the various worlds. Even the sort of crunch noise when your sim is walking through snow. Yeah, Seasons.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited November 2022
    Cats & Dogs for sure and there is no question about it. It's a perfect EP for me. It fully changed everything and my Sims got a lot of new things to do and Sim children got their furry best friends to love and care. <3
    I love pets so much in real life that I can't even think of Sims without them. No other pack has made me so happy and influenced my game as much as Cats & Dogs.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    The most important packs for me are:
    1. Get Together with Cottage Living
    2. Seasons
    3. Island Living
    4. Snow Escape
    5. Realm of Magic with Vampires, Paranormal, Spooky & Werewolves
    6. Get to Work with Strangerville & Journey to Batuu
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have to add another on to the list from this summer and that is My Wedding Stories. I don’t get a lot of use out of the weddings but Tartosa has joined San Myshuno at the top of my favorite worlds list. I wish it was bigger but I love it anyway. I use some of the CAS and BB items too, but Tartosa is the star.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I play soap opera, rotational style. Number 1 for me is Get Together - with club system! Vampires and Get Famous have also been influential.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    If I had to pick one it would be Get Together. I really like the group system. It's so much easier to get my sims to all sit down together and do things together with this pack and that has made a huge difference.

As a generational player I like playing my legacy family, so when the older kids move out I can still have a family gathering for special occasions or just to hang out.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    I love the Cottage Living world and game play. But I also have a cat or two in every household. And weather is very important. I enjoy family, so would not want to be without that (can't wait to get active babies as well as toddlers).

And all my favorite sims have the light saber from Batuu, which I love using. The big bar from Batuu is great, too. I have that in Oasis Springs, along with my favorite aliens that came with Batuu. The desert is a good place for them to live, and I enjoyed building them homes with all the stuff that came with that world. My Oasis Springs is mostly Batuu aliens. I think it's funny when they get abducted by the "real" aliens.

I need all the decor items from every pack, and really enjoy a wide variety of choices for furniture, as well as all the build mode items from each pack. So, in that way, I could not do without anything, other than Dust Busters which I never bought. That and just a couple CAS only kits. Otherwise I find I use everything, at one time or another, in one world or another.

I only played vampires and werewolves once, just out of curiosity, but never went back to those worlds, once my curiosity was satisfied. I do like my replacement for Vlad and the realistic wolf pets for the families that have werewolves. Just not enough to actually play them. And I never got around to playing a spellcaster. But many of the items that came with those worlds are useful.

I use the other worlds to populate with sims I want to see in my game, and a place to put the lots I create that give me a wide variety of things to do. So my other worlds are lovely for outings and vacations.

In short, I need everything to give my game its well rounded game play. It was well worth the investment.

I plan on buying whatever they give us in the future, except maybe a kit or two that holds no interest for me. Because my game can never have too much variety.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    The occult packs. Vampires, ROM and werewolves. They are the cornerstone of my gameplay.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living and Parenthood all have had a major influence in my game. They all expand my game in very meaningful ways.
  • LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    Seasons. The day it came out probably was my happiest Sims 4 day.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Seasons or Parenthood.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Possibly_a_TowniePossibly_a_Townie Posts: 4 New Member
    Used to be Get to work - but so many stuff in that pack is now broken after cottage living.
    I hope one day they actually get to work and fix it.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    If you mean for building, then it's a tie between Vampires (am very fond of Victorian architecture) and Island Living (was in Hawaii for a while back in navy days and like the vibe - a sim need not live in Sulani to get an Islands themed house).

If you mean gameplay, then it is a multiple mix. The rural part of Windenburg is the preferred place for sim's house placement, they invariably go to Selvadoria to explore the jungle and become archaeologists, and 2 of the festivals are great for plant harvesting, poster snatching, and snowglobe hunting.

The installation that has Seasons and packs beyond DU is so broken by EA's so-called 'patches' that can't remember the last time it was played. A shame as I vaguely remember Cottage Living as being fun.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited December 2022
    Can you group sims without Get Together? Maybe it's a BG feature.... Besides grouping sims, the clubs are always used in my game, and I love the huge world of Windenburg. Seasons and Get Together, hard for me to choose.

There was a base game update around that time that allowed you to group Sims. It's not as expanded as the Get Together feature with clubs but allows you to do the basics like in a community lot, a date, restaurant, wedding, etc. you can make them go together somewhere, sit together, etc.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    I have my dislikes about cottage living but probably that one, I use the simple living trait or whatever its called and garden my food and buy some. I use it alot, and the chickens are nice even though they live so short a life, cow and lama are nice. Seasons also because Im always being effected by seasons, if its not snowy blizzards its raining and a holiday is always right around the corner. Cats and Dogs was better than I expected it to be, but Cottage living gets the most use out of I guess.
  • BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    Seasons and Parenthood I find work really really well with my game play to the point their necessities now.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Get Famous, because of the streaming set. Virtually all of my Sims use it to supplement their income and work on charisma.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Seasons without a doubt! Before seasons one really didn't have to build the Sims a house, I could put all the furnitures down on the lawn with no risk of having them damaged or the Sims never became uncomfortably wet.