Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will my Child or Teens be taken away if they have bad grades in the Sims 4?

ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
I know that they will become Embarrassed after school if they have an F, and I'm also aware that a B or an A grade will start you in the career 2 and 3 levels ahead. Will my kid be taken if I have an F? I want to play a evil, horrible child challenge and want them to skip school.

I know in the Sims 1 they will be sent to military school if they miss 2 days of schooling and taken away by the Social Worker in the Sims 2.

I've heard very mixed claims. Will they be taken away or not in the Sims 4, if their grades are low?

Edit: I've never tried this myself and I'm curious to see. I don't have High School Years installed.
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    If a child has the F grade for more than a couple of days they will be taken away.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Children yes, teens no. Teens are even left to die by starvation if you let them starve and they can live alone.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I don't know about children, but I've had teen sims flunk out of school, and they weren't taken away. I've tried to create teen sims that live alone, and the game told me there must be an adult in the household
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    Teens CAN live alone. Gonna try out and see if kids get taken with an F as well.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I don't know about children, but I've had teen sims flunk out of school, and they weren't taken away. I've tried to create teen sims that live alone, and the game told me there must be an adult in the household

That's weird, because I played a house full of nothing but teens out chasing the dream of fame in that Hollywood themed world. And had a teen brother and sister living alone together. Are you sure you're thinking of sims4 and not some other version maybe?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    If a child has the F grade for more than a couple of days they will be taken away.

Well that throws my lazy kid idea out the window
  • Dark_BokenshaDark_Bokensha Posts: 38 Member
    They do, but unlike in Sims 1 they have a little bit more time to "redeem" themselves and don't get sent to the military. I also know that teens wouldn't be able to get a job if they have low grades in case anyone's curious (although there's definitely more than that but I haven't tried yet).
    At least it can be an interesting storytelling.
  • keene61keene61 Posts: 259 Member

Well that throws my lazy kid idea out the window

So you gotta try hard to be awful but just barely not awful enough. That’s just as much effort as trying hard to be an overachiever!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited December 2022

If it's like it is in TS2, you can't create the household without an adult in CAS. You would need to kill off the adult (or delete the adult) after moving them in. Come to think of it, it is this way in TS3 as well.
    I'm not sure if a teen can move out of a household by him/herself. In TS2, there is a household that had 2 teens, 2 children and 2 toddlers. I don't know if there is some special flag that allows you to move them from the family bin. I would imagine that once they are an established household, not having an adult isn't an issue, but I could be wrong.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    @Anmirla @Nate_Whiplash1 You can definitely start the game with households of teens and no adults. We've done that multiple times.
    gen3-banner.png
    That's one thing I would change if I could: this dictatorship feeling the game gives when it comes to school, making it something so life and death how a kid does in school, and in sims3, that cursed curfew automatically inflicted even if I habe a family of vampires and of course the kids can stay out past midnight!

Making grades cause for removal from family is ludicrous. School =/= education and there should always be a choice.

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Totally agree @ignominiusrex .
    Anyhow vampire school ought to be at night! It's inhumane asking the poor precious vamplings to go out to school while the dangerous sun is up.
    Inhumane? In-something...

That's one advantage of "graduate early" in the high school pack. The teen can't start an adult career quite yet but they can spend their time doing other things.
    gen3-banner.png
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    I've tested this out. Yes, children DO get taken away if they flunk school!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    That's one thing I would change if I could: this dictatorship feeling the game gives when it comes to school, making it something so life and death how a kid does in school, and in sims3, that cursed curfew automatically inflicted even if I habe a family of vampires and of course the kids can stay out past midnight!

Making grades cause for removal from family is ludicrous. School =/= education and there should always be a choice.
    My favorite thing about social services is that they delete the child from the game after they take them. So it's like they kill your child if they get bad grades.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I wish you could choose to reinforce "bad" behaviour with Parenthood. I also wish that the curfew from the bulletin board did not apply if the child or teen is away in one of the vacation worlds, because as it stands you have to remember to switch it off before the family goes away.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    I wish you could choose to reinforce "bad" behaviour with Parenthood. I also wish that the curfew from the bulletin board did not apply if the child or teen is away in one of the vacation worlds, because as it stands you have to remember to switch it off before the family goes away.

Good to know that it can be switched off if the player doesn't want to delete it.

I don't want to play household with control freak parents. I get caring where they are and what they do but there have to be exceptions like a teen can work a night job on weekends, or be doing independent study instead of attending school. It's not as much fun playing families if the kids are never around, and when they are, there is little time for anything besides homework.

I want to play a family of treasure divers on a houseboat traveling the globe, for instance.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg