Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rene Rejects Support Group

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Welcome, my kin,

to another complaining thread,
where we may air our concerns, fears and grievances
concerning the new Project Rene.

All while of course,
not ruining others excitement in more excited threads.

I assume there will be many things to be sad and mad about in our future,
so in attempt to gather the sad for big group hug,

I therefore open this thread to anyone in need of support (or hug) in these trying times.
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Iegend wrote: »
    my main concern is that it sounds like its gonna b linked via mobile which i dont like the sound of much... mobile games are k but there obviously not pc and that scares me a bit. I want it to be as powerful as the last games but it could b lot less 😟
    This is my main worry are we going to be punished once again by another limited game by poor choices like making this game playable on mobile as we did with them starting Sims 4 as an online game.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I agree. The game being playable on mobile out of the starting block? Eeek. That is
    concerning.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2022
    Sending virtual hugs.

Yes, cross-platform on mobile doesn't sound like a good idea. In fact, I can't recall any game developer that has done that before, they usually have a separate version that is completely different running on mobile, there are so many differences in terms of hardware, software and how you control and interact with it.

Multiplayer could limit them from doing more advanced things too, like we saw in The Sims 4, even if multiplayer games are able to run pretty well side by side with a single player game these days. The only thing that we have heard now is that they are looking for ways to people to collaborate with each other, like building and sharing, and let's hope it stays like that.

They have the opportunity to make their next game into something really good, open world mechanics, textures, graphics have come a long way and it would be quite sad if they don't make use of it but instead spend their resources on trying to get the game to run on a mobile phone and trying to get people to play their game in multiplayer.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm not actually a Rene Reject but I wish it hadn't been announced so early. I've always had a problem with delaying gratification and knowing I'll have to wait a few more years is a tad bit disappointing.

On the other hand, I'm really excited and looking forward to the new content for TS4.

Since Project Rene has it's own forum section now and threads aren't popping up all over the forum I can peek in occasionally. Or not.

ETA: Thoughts and prayers for those truly in need of support.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited March 12
    In all truth I'm just pretending it was not announced :lol:

I desperately wish The Sims 4 has many years left even if the Rene appears in next couple of years
    I am not nearly done with my grand schemes and it simply does not look like game that would support my grand schemes :sweat_smile:

especially not in next couple of years...
    yeah it looked to be very much in its infant stages
    no matter how it ends up 2-4 years would be worrying, very worrying indeed.

ofcourse there is hope it isn't gonna be bad but I always expect the worst until proven otherwise :sweat_smile:

I just wanted to start thread where we can all complain in peaceful manner whenever something we don't like pops up
    cause I imagine thats gonna happen a lot
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2022
    the mobile thing is worrying, people is not as interested as playing on mobile the same game as much as wanting a great pc/console game. hopefully they dont focus on playing on every device and then use it as an excuse for the limitations the game may have
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Me if I start hearing marketing about "Smarter Sims" again /j

side-eye-dog-suspicious-look.gif

Lol, wonder what the selling catchphrase will be for Sims 5. :lol:
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited October 2022
    Oh, we got a sneak peek in the form of a marketing catchphrase Apéritif, served fresh and plentiful at the Sims Summit!

"Evolve how Sims think and behave"
    "Innovate in entirely new ways"
    "Renewed commitment"
    "Bright future"
    "Encourage creativity"

y7apzwep46v1.jpg
    Cheers! :kiss:
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    edited October 2022
    Oh, we got a sneak peek in the form of a marketing catchphrase Apéritif, served fresh and plentiful at the Sims Summit!

"Evolve how Sims think and behave"
    "Innovate in entirely new ways"
    "Renewed commitment"
    "Bright future"
    "Encourage creativity"

y7apzwep46v1.jpg
    Cheers! :kiss:

I think we could therefore interpret as such:
    Evolve how sims think and behave
    = sims stuck thinking thoughts and doing nothing (look! they are behaving!)

Innovate in entirely new ways
    = we have abandoned everything you loved about the old ways and everything is unneededly techy and futuristic

Renewed commitment
    = no commitment to the past

Bright future
    = R.I.P vampires and other occults of the night things will be awfully sunny and happy at all times in this new game

Encourage creativity
    = guess you'll have to create mods for the things we didn't make
    :sweat_smile: well that is if it goes anything like ts4 catchphrases :lol:
    I'm concerned about the base game being content-empty because there's more engineering focus on building out these multiplayer/collaborative features and less on gameplay systems. :#
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    I agree. The game being playable on mobile out of the starting block? Eeek. That is
    concerning.

I real hope the mobile version is just extremely limited and its just there for you to do a few things .Like decorating or feeling your sims needs .Why the pc and console versions of the game are advance.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    I'm concerned about the base game being content-empty because there's more engineering focus on building out these multiplayer/collaborative features and less on gameplay systems. :#

I think focus on building is not too big a concern . Because in life simulation I think building is one first they do (In para lives).Before they work on the characters .
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i am not a reject of project rene (sims5) but i am in the middle until more info is known i will not jump on the preorder bandwagon so until more info is known i consider myself on standby
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Mobile Phone games have come a long way since the creation of the few Mobile Sims games of recent years. That being said, I have a suspicious feeling that the whole "Mobile and PC game are one in the same" is their excuse to make a Sims 5 that makes Sims 4's base game look like a feature rich, heavily polished AAA game.

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst over here that's for sure.
    edited October 2022
    @Nikkei_Simmer has laid down the law...
    I'm not settling for anything LESS than open world. Computer tech has come far enough that open world shouldn't give the computers such a hard time. I'd be even willing to settle for Sims 4 cartoonish graphics if it comes to having an open world with multiple developable lots.

👏👏👏👏

Just give me this and built-in support for rotational play to replay each week with all my families and we're good

fo397ea756sn.png

• candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    I am a Rene reject. Sims 4 is a major disappointment, and I have no faith in Rene/Sims 5.
    I never play the sims 4, only the Sims 3, since Sims 3 is a masterpiece and Sims 4 is a downgrade.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I know Sims 5 isn't coming out for years, so take my negative perceptions with a grain of salt. However, that preview didn't really impress me.

The build mode looks more advanced, so I guess that's nice for builders. However, I'm afraid the game will cater specifically to builders, like the Sims 4, with the sims and their personalities left by the wayside.
    The idea of a game compatible with mobile sounds....questionable. How many phones would even be able to run this game, and how much battery and graphical power would that phone need? And, like some others have said, it's possible they might have to limit the game in order to get it to work properly on everyone's smartphone.
    Multiplayer and "collaborating" with other simmers does not interest me in the slightest. I think they're leaning very heavily into making the sims a competition. I wouldn't be surprised if there are timed challenges in game, where you have to build the best house or have your sim gain an achievement to earn simpoints, which you can use in the new Sims Store.
    I think it's very likely a Sims Store will make a return, how else can they award simmers for completing multiplayer challenges? I wouldn't be surprised if there are also paid mods and cc as well, along the lines of Bethesda's Creation Club.

I think the main attractions for the Sims 5 will be its multiplayer aspect, build-mode and mobile compatibility, and none of these interest me at all.
    But, we'll see how it goes, the game still has years to go.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited November 2022
    My biggest concern is that the focus will NOT be about gameplay once again, just like TS4's focus is not about that. And it'll have the bare minimum of actual gameplay functions and a lot more on BB/CAS focus.

Have you ever heard of another "game" being described like this:

Per Lyndsay Pearson, Vice President of Franchise Creative for The Sims.
    “Today marks the start of our journey over the next few years as we work on this next game and creative platform, currently titled Project Rene.

Those 2 little words right there, immediately makes me think their entire focus will be about building tools (cause you know the devs live on Twitter and that's what they see ...... people sharing/showing off their builds. And CAS, because this version has a LOT of CC creator collabs for CAS items.

Don't get me wrong ..... I do like to build/decorate and create items the game, but you know what else? ....... I actually want to "play" the game too and I need it to be immersive and not just an architecture/dress-up app. I have that already with TS4 so why would I need to re-buy the exact same thing with a shiny new look?
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    edited November 2022
    My biggest concern is that the focus will NOT be about gameplay once again, just like TS4's focus is not about that. And it'll have the bare minimum of actual gameplay functions and a lot more on BB/CAS focus.

“Today marks the start of our journey over the next few years as we work on this next game and creative platform, currently titled Project Rene.

Those 2 little words right there, immediately makes me think their entire focus will be about building tools (cause you know the devs live on Twitter and that's what they see ...... people sharing/showing off their builds. And CAS, because this version has a LOT of CC creator collabs for CAS items.

Don't get me wrong ..... I do like to build/decorate and create items the game, but you know what else? ....... I actually want to "play" the game too and I need it to be immersive and not just an architecture/dress-up app. I have that already with TS4 so why would I need to re-buy the exact same thing with a shiny new look?

I wouldn't be surprised if they go the direction of Spore Creature Creator but with the Sims. If the game is going to be a creative platform than the idea that it'll be focused on creation rather than gameplay isn't too far off. The Sims 4 could even be seen as a prototype for such a game with the emphasis on releasing BB/CAS content. Look at the amount of content related to building/CAS compared to gameplay.

On their website for the Sims 4 store, they have 18 stuff packs and 17 kits. That's 35 packs dedicated to BB/CAS. Compare that to the 12 Expansion packs and 12 game packs for a total 24 dedicated to gameplay. 35 and 24 may not seem like a huge difference but it does show that's there more of a focus on aesthetics for your sims and their homes rather than things for you to do with those sims.

What's the point in spending all this time creating the perfect sim or the perfect house if there's nothing to do with them?
    Post edited by MantleJackal on
    edited November 2022
    What's the point in spending all this time creating the perfect sim or the perfect house if there's nothing to do with them?
    Exactly this.
    I would much rather see them tease great new gameplay instead of pillow turning and I can't but be more worried every leak

sure they barely started with game yet but seeing heavy focus on aesthetics always makes me concerned
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    concerning.

I’m more in the middle at the moment regarding Project Rene.

It is odd to download the game on my computer and mobile. Maybe I could do a small task during my break at work on my phone. Then play in the evening when I get back home. However the gameplay would have to be more streamlined to appeal.

Currently playing TS4, gameplay for a standard day is about 20/30 minutes average. Decorating or building is a few hours. So I build more.

I don’t get a long break at work, so 20/30 minutes playing the Sims is too long and decorating is out because I fuss over design and building (so it’s hours).

I’ll probably get into trouble at work if I were to take longer breaks. 😂🤦🏼‍♂️.

‘I’m sorry I was late back to answer the phones but really let me show you how much better Bob’s new pool looks so much better on the right hand side to the left!’

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member

Completely agree. For those that just want to build there is always Second Life which almost caters to building or other creative works being the source of content. If you don't fall into one of those two categories there really isn't much to do except enjoy what others create. At least in the Sims there is a game to play.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I don't want to start from scratch yet again.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top