Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst start to a game ever?

After not playing for over 10 years, I decided to start again and the first things I picked was a Random Legacy Challenge (All your sims must have random traits and life time wishes). So, I "rolled" up a sim and had the following traits, Unlucky, Hates outdoors, virtuoso, Loner and Nurturing. The lifetime wish was Master of the Arts. Normal lifetime, three day seasons. All DLC's and no stuff packs. only Store CC.

Day started out normally. Sim moves into town and decided to get a job at the local theater. Sure. No problem. Buys a Guitar, goes home and the rest of the day procedes smoothly with it starting to rain about evening. As he was getting into bed, he runs out to go look at the pretty lights and ends up getting abducted. This is where things went down hill and his unlucky trait kicked into overdrive. No sooner than he was abducted, a burgler decided to show up and steal his guitar along with every chair in the house. (no alarm as I did not think a burgler would pitch up. Anyways, Sim returns from his experience, confronts the thief and loses the ensuing fight. No sooner as the fight ended than the heavens decided to add insult to injury and strike him with a full bolt of lightning. Sim died as a result.

Comments

• Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Middleclaw: So sorry that happened to your sim. Did you save or can you go back to the start?
    :) Smile!

• Options
    MiddleclawMiddleclaw Posts: 23 Member
    Started as new game with a new sim and put this one in the "haunted" section of my archives as all this happened on day one of the new game.
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    Isn't the unlucky trait supposed to prevent the grim reaper from taking a sim that doesn't die of old age? He should've been brought back from the lightning strike.
  • Options
    octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    That sounds like a fun start to a sim's household! But I am also confused as to how an unlucky sim can die in any other way but old age?
  • Options
    Isn't the unlucky trait supposed to prevent the grim reaper from taking a sim that doesn't die of old age? He should've been brought back from the lightning strike.

I quit my game while the sim was talking to old Grim. I was not aware, at the time, of the trait and it's affects on death.
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    edited November 2022
    Middleclaw wrote: »
    I quit my game while the sim was talking to old Grim. I was not aware, at the time, of the trait and it's affects on death.

That's unfortunate. Your sim had literal plot armor with that trait, but at least you know. Here's to hoping your new game turns out better than the first. :)

Post edited by MantleJackal on
  • Options
    LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    I once started a game and about two sim days in an asteroid fell and destroyed their house/caught it on fire plus left a hole on the lot I couldn't build on. the bonus I suppose was that I could sell the rocks, but when I tried to move because I just wanted to get off the lot there was literally NO houses for sale, story progression had filled them all up! (I fixed some things so that wouldn't happen again, but I was like seriously the housing market is bad even in the sims??!)
  • Options
    LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    @Middleclaw , that is definitely a rough start to a game, hope your new save goes much smoother
  • Options
    JoleejojoJoleejojo Posts: 15 Member
    Poor guy. What a day! I had a bad start to a save recently. I started with Mum, dad and their teen daughter. They move into the house, and dad decides he's hungry right away. Goes into the kitchen and cooks some food. Guy can't cook. Well, silly thing started a fire in the house. Being the Brave man he was, while his wife and daughter screamed and yelled, he tried to put the fire out... He ended up catching alight and died.. Within 5 minutes, his wife became a widow :( Wait... that's not all. The next day mum goes outside and sees a weird shadow... Seconds later, she's struck by a meteor. She's now buried next to her husband in the backyard..
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    On old simmer once told me about her worst start to a new game. She placed her new sim on the lot and it was promptly struck by a meteor. She didn't save.
  • Options
    Glad I am not the only one who has had bad game starts.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Photos would have been fun! Hilarious!
    Next time ... next time ...
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.