Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 has a long waiting time.

In my own perspective. The game no matter what you get into the game like Playstation, Xbox, PC, and Mac it just loads so slow. Also it's annoying of how I wanna play my game on my Xbox one and it's loading slow. Do you guys have this problem too?
0zd1knkd2pmo.jpg
The fate is always on your hands.

Comments

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    edited November 2022
    In a vanilla PC game, mine loads very quickly. With mods and cc, it slows down.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I play on mac and pc, loads well for me. Haven’t gotten a chance to download it on console yet though
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    How long does it actually take to load for you? It loads in under a minute for me.
  • VyneVyne Posts: 43 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    How long does it actually take to load for you? It loads in under a minute for me.

It loads about 8 mins or so.
    0zd1knkd2pmo.jpg
    The fate is always on your hands.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I play on a gaming laptop have all the packs and kits, but no mods or CC. It takes a few minutes for me.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    If I don't have any mods or cc, it loads probably in abut 30-45 seconds, with my mods and cc (which is about 20 GB in my mods folder right now, mostly CAS CC), it takes probably 7-8 minutes.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    I play on a gaming rig but just two days ago, it took over an hour and it still never loaded. I came to the board and was reminded to restart my computer. That did the trick. You may wish to see if that works for you, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I have tons of CC (like easily 40+ GBs), but it's the cluttered up tray files that tank my loading time. I cleared it out the other day and the game loaded within a minute.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    HavenRose wrote: »
    I have tons of CC (like easily 40+ GBs), but it's the cluttered up tray files that tank my loading time. I cleared it out the other day and the game loaded within a minute.

Hmmm, I never thought about that! That's probably what contributes to some of my longer load times too, considering I have almost 17,000 items in there!
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited November 2022
    Under a minute with my small collection of mods (160mb). 35 seconds to launch the game then 10 seconds for the average save file. I am a hoarder when it comes to my library/tray & screenshots folder. I clean house when I can but I've accepted that I'm a pack rat. :)

Hardware plays a big part. If your PC is underpowered for the game you can try lowering graphic settings including resolution. Put Origin or the new EA app in offline mode. As mentioned, freeing up space in your tray folder helps too. Install the game onto an SSD if that's an option as most PCs these days have an SSD but sometimes very small with just enough room for the operating system.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The game still loads fast for me on PC and I'm playing in a three year old save.
  • LexstraLexstra Posts: 18 Member
    I knowww :C IT SUCKS
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2022
    It took a while on PS4 and I used to avoid leaving the lot because loading screens took ages.

It’s really fast on PS5. There’s still time to start up and time to load and sometimes it’s worse than others but usually I am in my save in less than a couple of minutes from switching on the PS5.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,371 Member
    Mine loads to the main menu in 30 seconds and then into a save in 5 seconds, I've only got around 3gb of mods/cc though.
  • Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    My game takes a few minutes to load, but I have 5GB mods and also reshade so I'm not surprised!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    edited November 2022
    I found it depends on how I maintain the game. These are some factors that slow down on performance:

- large/old cache files (some of them should be deleted occasionally)
    - lots of CC/mods
    - a big screenshots folder (and probably video folder)
    - many households/houses etc saved to my local gallery
    - many saves
    - a large population with a long backstory
    - CC files with filename including special characters (ie []''%& space) (affects loading in BB mode negatively)
    - many items in personal inventories and household inventories

Adding:
    - Limited free space on your main drive + minimum computer specs.
    - Many other programs running in the background (probably affect performance more than loading, though)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg