Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Notification Indicator Wont Clear

CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
edited November 2022 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
You know that little red number up by your name at the top of the forum page that let's you know you have new notifications? Mine's stuck and won't clear. It has said I have 4 new notifications but I don't because I've checked to see what's new and the counter wont reset or clear when i refresh the page to see if they're gone. I've gone back and looked at older posts and if there's some comment I didn't see I sure can't find it to look at it and clear whatever is stuck. Can a forum admin clear the persistent 4 notifications out for me, pretty please?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Have you tried logging out and back in? Moderators probably won't be back until Monday.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 It's a good suggestion but that doesn't seem to clear it either. Yeah, I realized when I posted the original post that it was the end of day on Friday, doh! lol
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Catzilla wrote: »
    You know that little red number up by your name at the top of the forum page that let's you know you have new notifications? Mine's stuck and won't clear. It has said I have 4 new notifications but I don't because I've checked to see what's new and the counter wont reset or clear when i refresh the page to see if they're gone. I've gone back and looked at older posts and if there's some comment I didn't see I sure can't find it to look at it and clear whatever is stuck. Can a forum admin clear the persistent 4 notifications out for me, pretty please?

Heya,

This is indeed something that our forum host is investigating at the moment and unfortunately not something we can clear on our side.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Ok, cool, thanks for the update, @EA_Cade.
  • Options
    I'm still having this problem and I still can't find whatever it is that is Unread. Can the forum host go in and mark everything as Read?
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Having the same. I view my notifications and, no matter what, continue to have one that doesn’t clear.
  • Options
    They're gone! Those four notifications that have been stuck there are now gone! Thank you!

@cyncie Is it gone now? They seem to have cleared mine. Hooray!
  • Options
    Catzilla wrote: »
    They're gone! Those four notifications that have been stuck there are now gone! Thank you!

@cyncie Is it gone now? They seem to have cleared mine. Hooray!

I still have one that’s stuck.
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Mine's gone! Woohoo!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,842 Member

Even with the forum software switch I still have one notification that won’t clear. That’s a major improvement from the 50+ from about a month ago.🙃

• Options
    Even with the forum software switch I still have one notification that won’t clear. That’s a major improvement from the 50+ from about a month ago.🙃

Same.