Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Im new here, just became member, what is the activity box for?

When you go to your profile, there is an empty box, that just says activity, what is that for? I figure it's like an option to put in a bio about yourself, but I could be wrong and one more question. Can we let others in these sims' discussions no about our gallery creations/households, etc. Like can you share a photo or video, or at least give people your info so they can find out your stuff in the gallery, what you've uploaded to the gallery or are those things against the rules? Thanks....

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    You can post in it just like here.
    Just consider it your own personal bulletin board. Anyone who wants to see what you are up to can check it and reply.
    Unfortunately anything you post will eventually disappear after a while.

Mine was empty except for one entry.
    I just added another, but I really don't bother with it much since stuff doesn't stick.
    The one item that was there disappeared when I added the new post.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    AlienTusks wrote: »
    When you go to your profile, there is an empty box, that just says activity, what is that for? I figure it's like an option to put in a bio about yourself, but I could be wrong and one more question. Can we let others in these sims' discussions no about our gallery creations/households, etc. Like can you share a photo or video, or at least give people your info so they can find out your stuff in the gallery, what you've uploaded to the gallery or are those things against the rules? Thanks....

It's fine to promote your creations here on general discussion. A lot of people have their gallery names in their sig. If you want to post a lot of pictures tho, you'd be better to post them in the Creative Corner threads, sims and modeling for sims and sims 4 lots for builds. If you post them here, it's possible they might get moved to those threads anyway.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    @AlienTusks welcome to the forum.

There's also a section for sharing videos or promoting your YouTube channel.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-creative-corner
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2022
    It's the forum's version of Facebook statuses, or posting a new Tweet.

It's your status wall posting box and below that your status wall. Statuses also appear in a public feed.

If you click the Activity link at the top of the forum ^

[ Categories | Discussions | Activity ]

It takes you to the (public) feed of peoples' statuses. If you go to your Activity page (mentioned in your post) it shows all your own statuses and replies. If you go to another person's Activity wall, it shows their statuses and replies.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,559 Member
    I was scratching my head over that one, so I went into my page. I've never used it. Good to learn what it's there for. LOL at myself.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Yes, two more things about the activities.

1. The latest activity you wrote will be displayed on the top of your user page. You can clear it if you want.
    2. After a long time (I don't know how long, some months I guess), the activity gets deleted. You can get the activity on the top again by commenting or having someone comment there, which gives it more time to exist.
    When an activity gets deleted and it is currently on the top of your user page, it'll stay there on the top.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    I'm a bit computer illiterate and don't know how to post a link to my gallery profile/page/content. So, I'll just say My name on the gallery is AlienTusks, I have my daughter as a sim you can download her name is Liberty Wade, her mother is Liberty Lee from the base game, that is my sims wife. I have a park you can download Magnolia Blossom; I think it's called all I did was take the base game park in Willow Creek and make it better by adding more things for children to play/interact with, a bar, some garden supplies, a pond with some rare fish in it, or should be. And a few more things. you can replace the base game park in willow creek with the one I made and bring your clubs there or your parties/holiday events. I also added my entire sims family the Wade family, I reverted them back to young adult, but the kids i left the same, husband is an artist,writer,musician creative type, Liberty Lee is a geek, bookworm already in the game but I changed her makeup, hair and clothes and now she's pretty hot, petite daughter Katelyn is always confident and self-assured, and pretty. Son Maynard is a genius/musician type. I don't know a lot about the gallery so I don't know any exact link or term you can use to find me, but my username is AlienTusks. Hope this helps and your welcome to follow I'm going to add more content in the future. If anyone knows how I can give you a direct connection to my gallery items, catalog let me know.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited November 2022
    AlienTusks wrote: »
    I'm a bit computer illiterate and don't know how to post a link to my gallery profile/page/content. So, I'll just say My name on the gallery is AlienTusks, I have my daughter as a sim you can download her name is Liberty Wade, her mother is Liberty Lee from the base game, that is my sims wife. I have a park you can download Magnolia Blossom; I think it's called all I did was take the base game park in Willow Creek and make it better by adding more things for children to play/interact with, a bar, some garden supplies, a pond with some rare fish in it, or should be. And a few more things. you can replace the base game park in willow creek with the one I made and bring your clubs there or your parties/holiday events. I also added my entire sims family the Wade family, I reverted them back to young adult, but the kids i left the same, husband is an artist,writer,musician creative type, Liberty Lee is a geek, bookworm already in the game but I changed her makeup, hair and clothes and now she's pretty hot, petite daughter Katelyn is always confident and self-assured, and pretty. Son Maynard is a genius/musician type. I don't know a lot about the gallery so I don't know any exact link or term you can use to find me, but my username is AlienTusks. Hope this helps and your welcome to follow I'm going to add more content in the future. If anyone knows how I can give you a direct connection to my gallery items, catalog let me know.

I can't find you on the gallery.
    Here's a link searching for you by EA ID on the gallery.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=AlienTusks&max=50&maxis=false

The gallery search can't find you. If I enter my name, the gallery can't find me either. You need to find the direct link when you're in the game and you load up your gallery. For example, see below.

Here is my direct link to the gallery from my game. You can find me on the gallery.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=DragonAge_300905&max=50&maxis=false

Here is the link searching for me from the gallery and not finding me.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Dragon_Age300905&max=50&maxis=false

As you can see the difference between finding and not finding me is this part in the links.

=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time (find me) searching my name right

=item_name&sortby=downloads&time (not find me) searching my name wrong

Hopefully the above info will help you to find the link that finds your uploads in the gallery.

My right name to search is DragonAge underscore 300905 and not Dragon underscore Age 300905
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
    @DragonAge_300905 Hey thank you for the interest in my stuff. I used the website you sent me a link to and found my stuff...heres how you do it.

-select these options as your search parameters in category select households, sort by newest, time all and most importantly click on the advanced box and turn maxis curated off, uncheck the box. Now search for Wade scroll just a bit and you should see a family titled Wade by thehiddenreturns that seems to be my tag or my name on there. You should also scroll a bit further and find a female, teen wearing a blue shirt also titled wade, that would be my sim daughter Liberty, and type in the search bar Magnolia blossom, search type lot, newest, make sure maxis curated is unchecked, search and then scroll down till you see the one by thehiddenreturns that would be my park designed to replace base game Magnolia blossom. you should be able to follow once you look at one of my items.
    edited November 2022
    I thought maybe you had your name on the gallery different because I couldn't find you in the gallery when I searched for you in the game. So now I'm going to search thehiddenreturns. And here's a link to your gallery uploads.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=thehiddenreturns&max=50&maxis=false

I favored your family. They look really good.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited November 2022
    Yeah idk I don't tend to go on activity page
    I feel like its hard to start any kind of conversation there :sweat_smile:
    as for bio/links n such I just have them in my signature
    as you can see if you are using desktop site

I do wish we could have separate profile bio though
    I haven't really put anything except links in signature
    because I don't want it to be too distracting mid my stories etc
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    @DragonAge_300905 Ok, I'm not sure If I already responded to your comment (nothing is showing in the menu), as I've been multitasking so much on computer in the past 30 minutes, I tried the link you provided and it took me to the gallery site, but the little spinning Icon(indicating loading or something just keeps going and going, I've had the site up at that link for 40 minutes and just returned recently and it's still loading but I clicked on someone else's link in the meantime and got to their content fairly quickly so that makes me wonder if it's just a temporary issue, or if there's something wrong with my Link, or gallery page/content. Anyway thanks, I'm glad you like them. I'm going to add more of the family members, as individual download options soon as well as other content. good day.
    I just right clicked the link and opened it in a new tab and it loads up after a few seconds. Sometimes the gallery loads very slow but if it takes too long I usually try again later. It could be due to having a slow internet connection.