Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seventeen & Maldusk: A Supernatural Soap Opera

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    They have apps for that!! oh goodness

Reuben and Seventeen's conversation on/around the coffee table was adorable. It might have gone terribly, but, at least they're making an effort.

And now, we have seen that homeless girl before, have we not?...

4 characters.
    gen3-banner.png
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    @mightysprite Thanks for reading!
    They have apps for that!! oh goodness

:joy::joy: Yup! Though not always bursting with great options. Especially for vampires as picky as Reuben.
    And now, we have seen that homeless girl before, have we not?...

My my. Has she been hanging around the place? :wink:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 774 Member
    edited November 2022
    Uh, a lot of information here...
    The app to help Reuben to find "compliant food", the comments on when he got turned centuries ago, his attempt to choose his victims with some sort of moral... and he forgetting about erasing the witnesses' memories too, that sounds like the kind of mess which will take a while to solve...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    @HermioneSims Thanks for reading!

Yeah, Reuben sure does seem to have gotten himself into potential trouble here...
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 6
    Reuben really likes order and predictability, doesn’t he? I bet he’s using those frameworks to keep himself in check, and if everything around him is under control, then he can keep himself under control, too. I wonder what “the other site” is and at the same time I really, really don’t want to know. The modern world sure has its conveniences for not-wanting-to-rampage, self-controlling vampires. I still wonder how Reuben came to be a vampire in the first place, too.

Hang on. Haven’t we seen that “homeless girl” before? And she’s right outside of Ion’s apartment? Hoo boy…

Oh, Reuben. Unless he willingly chose to become a vampire, and it doesn’t seem like he did, what he’s become (and what he’s fighting so hard to repress) is not on him. He’s just been dealt a bad hand and has to live with it. On a side note, I also thought at first that the girls were checking how their assailant was doing, rather than trying to empty his pockets. 😆 Oof, I feel you there, Reuben. Getting the right words out is hard sometimes. Especially if you’re worried you’ll mess it up.

Oh dear. That’s not good. Blondie didn’t look like the type who’d just let something like this slide, either. And Reuben works at the police office. That’s going to come back to bite him, isn’t it?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi Interesting comments! :smiley:
    Reuben really likes order and predictability, doesn’t he?

LOL! Just a bit. Yeah.
    I bet he’s using those frameworks to keep himself in check, and if everything around him is under control, then he can keep himself under control, too.

This is a really interesting observation. I actually hadn't quite thought about it in that way, but that's very much how he behaves and how I've developed him as a character. With his environment and events around him predictable, he has ways of dealing with stuff. But with it unpredictable, he's actually not super-good at thinking on his feet, or staying in control of himself. Probably not a great way for a cop to be... That can't possibly cause him trouble down the line.... :naughty:
    I wonder what “the other site” is and at the same time I really, really don’t want to know.

:joy::joy: Sounds pretty ominous doesn't it? Though honestly, with Reuben's personality, it could just be a site where someone disagreed with him.
    Haven’t we seen that “homeless girl” before? And she’s right outside of Ion’s apartment? Hoo boy…

I pleased people are noticing her in this chapter. Hardly anyone mentioned her in the previous chapters, and I was starting to get a bit worried they hadn't seen her. I was especially concerned when no one mentioned seeing her in Chapter 5, given what she's doing there...

*Eh hem* Oops. What I meant to say is "Pay no attention to the creepy stalker girl lurking outside Ion's residence".
    On a side note, I also thought at first that the girls were checking how their assailant was doing, rather than trying to empty his pockets.

Seems to be a common interpretation. And one that totally would make sense.
    Blondie didn’t look like the type who’d just let something like this slide, either. And Reuben works at the police office. That’s going to come back to bite him, isn’t it?

An excellent choice of words. :wink:

Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited May 2023
    Chapter 7 is ready! We get to know a couple of Reuben and Ion's neighbors.

Main page link

Chapter index link

Tristan endures a lot of nonsense.
    SAM-C7-Tristan-Chap-Link.jpg
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Okay, that was completely adorable.
    Tre's little conspiracy theory symbols that appear around his head are great. The little alien faces and rockets and stuff. They're like halfway between cartoon profanity symbols and the sim toddlers' imagination doodles.
    gen3-banner.png
    @mightysprite
    They're like halfway between cartoon profanity symbols and the sim toddlers' imagination doodles.

:joy::lol: Great description. Love it!

Thanks for reading. Glad you enjoyed meeting Tristan and Tre. They're a fun couple to write.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    That's another very funny chapter, but I'm also trying so hard to read in between the lines the information you've surely hidden in all that dialogue!
    It was very funny to meet Ion and Reuben's neighbours. Tristan sounds like such a nice person and it was interesting to meet him, but I have so many questions about Tre instead! I've a strong feeling he's probably involved in something supernatural as well, but what exactly?

Also the name choice, Tre, makes me wonder a lot. It's quite an uncommon name for a character, and in my language it is the word used to say the number 3... Does it sounds like something else in English, or are we starting to see some numeric trends in the characters' names? As I said, I've so many questions on trivial details right now...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    @HermioneSims Glad you enjoyed it!

Tre certainly is interested in some strange and supernatural things! But what, indeed, might he be involved in...?

"Tre" is a pretty uncommon name in English too in modern times. And as far as I know, its origin meaning is actually "three", even as an English name. It's a very old name, going back to Middle English. Often, those kinds of number names for boys come from old traditions of naming them by birth order, so possibly that's true for "Tre" as well. But that's not a popular practice any more, at least not where I live.

I wouldn't read too much into it in Tre's case. :smile: I was looking back through my oldest screenshots and notes (I started writing this story about 3 or 4 years ago) and apparently, his original name was "Trevor". It didn't stick. :lol: He became "Tre" very rapidly. I suspect that's just what he prefers being called.

But his parents (who you will meet in Season Two) are... a bit odd. So who knows?
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 7
    I’m trying to decide if “could become best friends with a statue” is a compliment or an insult, but can’t seem to make up my mind 😆 constant chatter? Growing collection of things? That sounds like another curious individual we know, doesn’t it? Heh, they seem complete opposites. But often those are the best, most stable relationships, aren’t they? Knowing all the good and all the bad, and accepting all sides of that person.

Haha, he really does remind me of Ion. How ironic that the simple “he’s an actual alien” option doesn’t even occur to Tre (Trevor? Or is his full name Tre?). Aw, but now Tristan doesn’t get to go to the festival at all? You could just have them come over on Saturday, Tre. Surely they can come a day later but the festival won’t be for another month- aaaand he’s already agreed. Well. I hope Tre only does that on occasion and not with everything 😅
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi I always enjoy your comments!
    I’m trying to decide if “could become best friends with a statue” is a compliment or an insult

:joy: Bit of both perhaps?
    How ironic that the simple “he’s an actual alien” option doesn’t even occur to Tre

:lol: It is meant to be funny, so I'm glad it gets taken that way.

But I honestly think "from another planet" is a rather strange conclusion to leap to, if it happened in real life.

I can't speak for everyone of course, but I know that if I were to see someone who looked like Ion walking down the street somewhere, I would not think "Woah! An actual alien being from an actual other planet has actually landed on Earth and is walking around casually in human clothes." I would think "Cool costume! Is there some kind of festival going on?"

The main characters in books and movies often seem unrealistically perceptive to me. I really enjoy clueless characters, because that's pretty much what I am all the time.
    Aw, but now Tristan doesn’t get to go to the festival at all? You could just have them come over on Saturday, Tre. Surely they can come a day later but the festival won’t be for another month- aaaand he’s already agreed. Well. I hope Tre only does that on occasion and not with everything 😅

I'm afraid you've hit on a fundamental aspect of Tre here. And probably Tristan as well.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    edited November 2022
    Just discovered this story and it is “awe some” (two syllable long sing song) B)
    Paladin- “roaches and rodents inside, probably food source”. :D
    @NRowe Welcome on board! Thanks for reading. I hope you continue to enjoy it. :smiley:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Chapter 7!
    Your story always gives me a much-needed laugh XD And how can anyone be creeped out by Ion? Look at him, he's so precious! I already love these two so much and we've only just them ;-; Ohh nooo, not conspiracy theories. I bet you he'll be probing (haha, pun) Ion with so many questions about Sixam life. 'If you want to make him shut up (and I'll totally understand if you do) please don't use the method I use, because I get pretty jealous.' I laughed so much at this one line oh my gosh XD YES! ALIEB BAY LABLAG ALIEN BABY DO IT DO IT HAVE A CUTE LIL ALIEN BABY! I love Tristan's completely understandable 'you WHAT?' response : P Ohh no, Tristan has completely misunderstood Ion trying to understand how humans work as stalkery behaviour... I love all of your characters so much ~
    they/them or she/her
    @SnowBnuuy Thanks for such great comments. You put a huge grin on my face this evening.
    how can anyone be creeped out by Ion? Look at him, he's so precious!

Totally agree! 100%. :love:
    I bet you he'll be probing (haha, pun) Ion with so many questions about Sixam life.

:lol: He'll have to figure out Ion is an alien first. He seems to be a bit confused about that...
    ALIEN BABY DO IT DO IT HAVE A CUTE LIL ALIEN BABY!

:joy::joy::joy:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited May 2023
    Chapter 8 is ready!

Main page link

Chapter index link

Reuben can't avoid having a social life.
    SAM-C8-Reuben-Chap-Link.jpg
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Got in a couple chapters in between real life (and my own playing). You have a real eye for the screenshots. Wish I could do half as well.
    And did NOT see Reubens identity coming until the reveal. That was GREAT!
    Ahhh, the suspense!
    Now I understand the "Reuben can't avoid having a social life" premise, he seemed to be surrounded by more chatty people than him all over the day XD

The encounter with the guy on "bite me" was very... peculiar. Even if Reuben didn't see it that way, there was something very... sensual in the whole scene, this Mitchell seems like a quite peculiar person.

The fact that Reuben accepted Tre's invitation (even if it was almost for exasperation) was quite surprising already, but then meeting Annie... I mean, she seems a very funny character, I would have a fun time looking at the picture she took at Granite Falls too, but I was astonished when Reuben commented he likes such a chatty, solar and energetic person! Opposite attract, people say?
    And now Ion is jumping straight into the conversation... I have really no idea about what to expect now, literally everything could happen now!

(P.S. I'm still laughing at the "this human nourishment is very... nourishing".

I'm about to go prepare some frozen peas for dinner by the way, but I swear I will cook them before eating them XD)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You've really thought about the biting-by-consent thing and its subculture. It's very cool.
    my favorite lines
    Tre doesn't really understand "no". He thinks it's synonymous with "ask me again in five minutes".
    XD we all have that one friend

and
    "Parties are where I'm bored and lonely."
    I feel you, man. I feel you.
    gen3-banner.png
    Wow. Thanks for these great comments! :heart:

@NRowe

Thank you so much for your comment on my screenshots. I love taking pictures (in game and in real life) and it's so nice to hear that you like them.

I'm delighted that Reuben's vampire identity took you by surprise. :lol: I figured some readers would guess and some wouldn't. It's fun to see that it was a real reveal for you.

@HermioneSims

Reuben really does have a lot of talkative people in his life. Some by choice and some because he can't figure out how to make them go away.
    The encounter with the guy on "bite me" was very... peculiar. Even if Reuben didn't see it that way, there was something very... sensual in the whole scene, this Mitchell seems like a quite peculiar person.

I like this comment a lot. You are very perceptive. I'd like to respond more to it, but I can't until the story has progressed further. But I'm pleased that you noticed this aspect of the interaction between Reuben and Mitchell.
    meeting Annie... I mean, she seems a very funny character, I would have a fun time looking at the picture she took at Granite Falls too, but I was astonished when Reuben commented he likes such a chatty, solar and energetic person! Opposite attract, people say?

Sometimes they do! :smiley: Reuben, I suspect, is full of surprises.
    I'm about to go prepare some frozen peas for dinner by the way, but I swear I will cook them before eating them XD)

:joy: Glad to hear it! Ion's way is probably not very tasty.

@mightysprite

Thanks! The vampire and blood donor subculture was one of the ideas I had early on that really got this story rolling in the first place. Ultimately, it's just part of Reuben's life and not necessarily what the story is about, but it's part of what made Reuben come alive for me as a character. So I really appreciate this comment. :blush:
    "Parties are where I'm bored and lonely."
    I feel you, man. I feel you.

:lol: Me too.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    All caught up!

“And that’s when things got weird”. What a hook :o Can’t wait to see what happens next
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    New chapter!!!
    I can't comment exactly what I want to say about this on the forum due to rules, but the way that the scenes are set up just before the bite, I really like how it slightly alludes to the more stereotypical 'sensual' vampire if that makes sense, but then it's just entirely for the red stuff alone. It's interesting all the different reasons people sign up for that site. I laughed so much at 'land blubber' and 'it's NOT Dress like a Pirate Day!'
    they/them or she/her
    Thanks for reading!

@NRowe Glad you were able to get caught up! :smile: Next week... unleashing the full effect of Annie + Ion. Can Reuben handle it?

@SnowBnuuy

It sure seems to be entirely for the red stuff on Reuben's side. Who knows what Mitchell's getting out of it.

Feel free to comment on the blog comment section if you want.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg