Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventures play

I'm going to do some Jungle Adventures game play. Honestly haven't done it since the pack came out I believe. Do you have your sim go to the jungle alone or bring friends? Do the friends do anything when they go with you? My sim lives alone so the friends would be outside the household - not sure how much difference that makes.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2022
    I have in the past where I brought other Sims on a jungle adventure. To me it was more of a pain with the exception of one thing. That was I could have my sim leave the area while leaving the other sim behind. Then I could very easily go back to that point with my sim. Almost forgot to mention the other sim also lived in the household.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    In my experience, it's only useful to bring more sims if you control them/they're in the active household. And then their only use is to get through temples faster and clear excavation sites faster. If you just want to explore the jungle or get a taste of Selvadoradian food, just go alone.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited November 2022
    usually my sims have one sim adventures because the jungle is dangerous n all and its hassle to look after all the sims (and there isn't really much to do in village)

that said I feel like its probably more fun with more sims around this point where i have taken one sim only so many times I just have to be mentally prepared for their possible demise :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Jungle Adventures is one of my favorite packs.

I also find that Jungle Adventures and Strangerville compliment each other extremely well, at least for me that’s the case. Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I wish we had more of these kind of quest driven game packs. 😇

This is an example of how I implement JA into my gameplay:

Hidden somewhere near the edge of the Selvadoradian jungle lies an abandoned, [secret] science lab with military installations scattered all around it.

I usually only play with troops of 4-8 men and women that include scientists, archaeologists and military personnel. One of them is my main sim and also the commanding officer leading these secret missions. Because my mission stories vary and introduce different characters with different motives, I never get weary of exploring the jungle and the temples [or completing the Strangerville quest].
    My sims “rent” one of these military camps each time they visits Selvadorada to complete missions before they return to Main base. This “Main Base” - the home lot- could either be situated in Oasis Springs, Sulani, Strangerville or Mt. Komorebi.

One thing I don’t really do is “holiday resorts”. 🫡
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Thanks for the opinions/advice. I have found out that it is pretty useless bringing sims that you can't control. If they could help you cut down pathways or examine the traps, then maybe, it would be more fun. But no, they will just sit there and cloudgaze.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    If yours just cloudgazed, you have been lucky! Sims that come along as guests also have a tendency to walk through the portals on their own and get themselves poisoned by bees.

I always bring along at least two sims in the same household. First, for the expedition feeling. Second, while one sim hacks away at the portals, the other can pick clean the surroundings (emotion berries and dig sites.) The second sim is also useful when the first one catches fire, since in this case the shower in a can is useless.
    It can also be useful to park your second or third sim at the vacation home. If you realize you need anything, the sim can order objects from the mailbox and then transfer them to the explorer's inventory. For that to work you'll have to stay in a vacation home in the same area where the jungle portal is.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 549 Member
    For me there are three approaches to playing Jungle Adventure:

1. Culture Tourist: This is my main way of using this pack, since I'm more of a family game player. I take sims on a relaxing tropical vacation. They usually rent one of the properties in Puerto Llamante and spend most of their time there, although they might pop over to Bellomisia to see the waterfall. They hang out with the locals at the cantina, doing open mic, maybe learning some legends and some dance moves. They go to the market to buy souvenirs and try authentic cuisine at the food stall. They might visit the museum and chat about the artifacts. I always bring more than one person and it really doesn't matter if they're playable or not. It's all about quality time.

2. Archeology Scholar: This is when I have a character who is focused on achieving the Archeology Scholar aspiration. Usually a nerd with a sense of adventure. Most of the time I bring other household members along but I have them doing things that are unrelated, either relaxing after a hard week's work or focusing on their own goals. Other people can't really help you with archeology. They typically stay in one of the properties in Bellomisia, because there are more potential dig sites there. Generally the archeology scholar focuses on excavation while in Selvadorada. They can take their time authenticating when they get home.

3. Jungle Explorer: This isn't necessarily someone who is working on achieving the Jungle Explorer aspiration. I did that once and I don't really think it's worthwhile. Often it's just someone who wants to shake up their routine with a bit of tomb raiding adventure. They might bring other people along to help if they're playable. It doesn't really matter where they live because they'll be going to the jungle, but they also need to visit the market for supplies. That's another thing: Stock.Up.On.Supplies.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I love the pack. Usually I have a sim go alone, or maybe with a single companion.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I like JA a lot too. I send my Archaeologists there to grab a few new treasures, but they mostly go alone and stay for only a day or two. I never really explored the deep jungle, because it would take a while. I also send families and couples on vacation to Selvadorada, they might be interesting in the local culture but I rarely send them very far into the jungle. While Archaeologists might go alone on their quick expeditions, those tourists will typically explore as a group, but normally just ne or two jungle locations.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I play JA solo sim. Easier to focus on what I'm doing that way. It also prevents the problem of other sims (especially uncontrolled ones) getting harmed by the various hazards. I really, really don't want my sims harmed.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Jungle Adventure was probably the first pack I bought, only one I paid full price for, and have no regrets. I've always played it single sim, the thought of trying to keep multiple sims under control kind of scares me. Use to explore the whole jungle in a single go with supplies for the needs or reward traits that dampen the needs, but recently I've been having more fun taking several days to do it all with some time spent back at the rental to build skills to make the traps a bit less deadly. Occasionally I'll speed run it with a sim that has all their needs dampened and appropriate skills maxed.
    The cake is a lie
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    You might look for the plants to harvest near the museum or near the entrances to the jungle.

I haven't sent sims there for years, but dishes and drinks from Salvadorada are added to restaurants. Most if not all dishes are vegetarian.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Awesome Topic!

If you bring friends outside the household, they will be autonomous on the vacation. You can assign them beds and for the most part, they will do their own thing during the vacation.

I think it’s particularly fun to go on vacation with a full household, 8 sims. You can be in control of 1 sim while the other 7 just add to the fun!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    With the household management tool it's pretty easy and without consequences to add a friend to your traveling household, and split again afterwards. I like tat moving sims between households has no money effects unless you want it to have.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I’ve never played it. I went there today for a very quick play test and it was a lot of fun.

I’m going to take 3 sims. I might actually create a ‘guide’ for them too which I will probably put in group but not care so much for.
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    JA is my favourite pack as well - I've always enjoyed playing it & have done so lots of times. I always go with a single Sim so I can just concentrate on what they're doing.