Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App changed my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to Sims 2 Double Deluxe

songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
Can anyone tell me if Double Deluxe is the same as Sims 2 Ultimate? AFIAK it's not. I asked if this was the same game I had in Origin. I also asked why 25-30 pages of sims 3 store purchases were shown as "placeholder" with no purchase info. This was my response:

Thank you for contacting EA help. My name is Gaurav and I would assist you with your issue today.
I hope you are doing well.
As I can see that your issue is related to a query related to Sims 2. Since this game has been discontinued long time back, we have no idea as what will you get in Double Deluxe edition.
It was nice assisting you.
If you have any further questions regarding this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Thank you again for contacting EA help. Be safe, stay healthy and take care of yourself!

I am aware Sims 2 is not supported, but this was a purchase question. I own all Sims 2 expansion and stuff packs which is why I was offered the Ultimate collection to begin with. I suppose they don't consider it a "purchase," but it was offered via EA. They shouldn't just yank it because they no longer support their game.

Comments

• candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Sims 2 Double delux is the same as the Ultimate collection.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection comes with The Sims 2 Holiday Stuff pack which wasn't with the double deluxe and the Best of Sims 2 collections.
    The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection includes The Sims 2 Holiday! Stuff Pack. Even though it is not treated as a real Stuff Pack since it’s installer was treated like a patch + it’s icon was never included in The Sims 2 Launcher, they still decided to add it to this Collection.
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    No, it's not the same.

When I look online, all I see is that Double Deluxe contains only Sims 2 base game, nightlife, and the Celebration stuff Pack. This sounds pretty bad that there was a change like that.

I love having the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and I haven't switched to the EA App yet. @songsmith2003 Can you try reinstalling Origin? Or is that no longer an option?

That sounds especially odd with the Sims 3 store purchases, too. I'm not looking forward to the day when Origin doesn't run any more, if those kinds of changes are going to happen without warning or explanation.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Ultimate Collection and Double Deluxe are obviously not the same, as we know. I think the OP is asking if UC on EA App is indeed UC because it has the cover of DD.

I don't know if attempting to download that thing results in installing UC or DD. My EA App recognizes my UC with that wrong DD cover, but with the correct product key (the key I used for UC).

Try and download the game. I guess it should create a folder in the name of UC, instead of DD.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    Ah okay, good to know, thank you @Eca. That makes me feel a little better about eventually switching over to EA App.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)
    Did you check the game files to see if they were all there?
    Does TS2UC show on the App?
    Origin had a Fix option, does the app?
    Sorry, I can't help. I'm not going to install the app.

I also remember EA guaranteeing us that if we registered our TS2 games to Origin, they would keep them for us and we could ALWAYs play them. I knew they lied. I kept my disks and registered them. I wish I had the screen shot from back them but that was several computers ago.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    Did you check the game files to see if they were all there?
    Does TS2UC show on the App?
    Origin had a Fix option, does the app?
    Sorry, I can't help. I'm not going to install the app.

I also remember EA guaranteeing us that if we registered our TS2 games to Origin, they would keep them for us and we could ALWAYs play them. I knew they lied. I kept my disks and registered them. I wish I had the screen shot from back them but that was several computers ago.

Me too! I actually have the base game on another account since i wasn't 18 when i purchased the game, well my dad anyways. I Can't quite explain how i didn't get ultimate collection- perhaps because sims 3 was always annoying, and origin was annoying too. But i have all the cds, and launch from them. this is why i don't really like online collection stuff.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I think it's just the thumbnail that's wrong/incorrect. I got a new PC earlier this year and only just got around to installing TS2 UC a couple of weeks ago. I went to install it with EA App and while the thumbnail said Double Deluxe, it went to install as the UC, so I think it will be fine. But I ended up installing it through Origin because I'm a creature of habit. But I did see it was going to install as UC when I clicked on it in EA App.
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    I just got a brand new gaming laptop 12/15/2022 so I can play all my Sims games, so I installed The Sims 3 just fine, but when I push play in the EA game launcher and TS3 own launcher comes up as usual, though a lot faster, and I push play, and instead of the game starting, it goes back EA game launcher!

Then I just today tried to get The Sims 2 to install and find they switched it to Double Deluxe which is NOT the same as Ultimate Collection, but when I push to install it, instead of it doing the same thing as it does with The Sims 4 or even The Sims 3, a box pops up telling me to download it in my browser, which I do, and it says in the box to find the place to install it then in the download, which I did, but though a thing comes up asking if I want to install it, then another box pops up telling me there was some error, that it may be corrupt or something!

But how can it be corrupt when I just got it from EA? So I can't play The Sims 3, because it won't launch, and I can't even install The Sims 2, all because EA/Maxis changed the launcher or made some other changes to The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection!

I am wondering now if they did that to make more of us stop playing The Sims 3 or The Sims 2, and go buy The Sims 4 instead, but I already own the The Sims 4, and I love it, I just want to play the other 2 as well!

And since they refuse to help with either really, I know for sure anyway that they wont help me get the Sims 2 back again! I wonder if they didn't mess it up on purpose because they plan on re-releasing a new The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection remastered and they want us all to buy it!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
    I just got a brand new gaming laptop 12/15/2022 so I can play all my Sims games, so I installed The Sims 3 just fine, but when I push play in the EA game launcher and TS3 own launcher comes up as usual, though a lot faster, and I push play, and instead of the game starting, it goes back EA game launcher!

Then I just today tried to get The Sims 2 to install and find they switched it to Double Deluxe which is NOT the same as Ultimate Collection, but when I push to install it, instead of it doing the same thing as it does with The Sims 4 or even The Sims 3, a box pops up telling me to download it in my browser, which I do, and it says in the box to find the place to install it then in the download, which I did, but though a thing comes up asking if I want to install it, then another box pops up telling me there was some error, that it may be corrupt or something!

But how can it be corrupt when I just got it from EA? So I can't play The Sims 3, because it won't launch, and I can't even install The Sims 2, all because EA/Maxis changed the launcher or made some other changes to The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection!

I am wondering now if they did that to make more of us stop playing The Sims 3 or The Sims 2, and go buy The Sims 4 instead, but I already own the The Sims 4, and I love it, I just want to play the other 2 as well!

And since they refuse to help with either really, I know for sure anyway that they wont help me get the Sims 2 back again! I wonder if they didn't mess it up on purpose because they plan on re-releasing a new The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection remastered and they want us all to buy it!

@pookysimslover, @EA_Cade made a mention about TS2 UC showing up as Double Deluxe over in the thread that I will provide. He also has a link for the EA App page for anyone who has problems with app so that we can post our issues over there.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1005204/ea-app-required-now#latest
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member

@pookysimslover Yes, Sims 2 is a mess in the EA app, it shows Double Deluxe and then when try to download, it gives you a zip file that is actually trying to install the Store Edition, but it just errors out. I was really annoyed because I still play Sims 2 a lot, but oddly, I found that I can still play it just fine if I use the desktop shortcut to start it.
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    edited December 2022
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    @pookysimslover Yes, Sims 2 is a mess in the EA app, it shows Double Deluxe and then when try to download, it gives you a zip file that is actually trying to install the Store Edition, but it just errors out. I was really annoyed because I still play Sims 2 a lot, but oddly, I found that I can still play it just fine if I use the desktop shortcut to start it.

I get the same error, it's trying to install the sims 2 store edition and not the game. I'm still using origin to play my sims 2 game and not EA App.

They need to fix the EA App, it's trying to install the EA store edition and not the game, the only thing I get information about the zip file which turn out to be the store for the sims 2 game and not the game.
    new.png
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »

But I don't get a desktop shortcut at all, because nothing gets installed! I tried to get EA help to well help, but they keep giving me the run around, telling me to go to Answers HQ, but I have been there and posted there and on EA help, even on Twitter, but they don't help, instead they all say the exact same thing, word for word, because it's automated or they're just copying and pasting something EA tells them to say, because they don't care about The Sims 3, The Sims 2 or The Sims Medieval, which also won't work, it installs, but like The Sims 3, it won't play!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @pookysimslover My Sims 2 Ultimate Collection was already installed on Origin and it did not uninstall when I went to the EA app, so I guess that is why I have a desktop shortcut. I have heard they have stopped pushing the EA app due to all the problems, so you may just want to go back to using Origin.
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    TY to everyone who replied. I was just a tad frosty when I wrote this (I hate any type of company-specific launcher, so you can imagine I was not impressed!) EA really ought to get the name correct on their app, because they sold Double Deluxe at one point, and it did not contain everything the way UC does. Anyway, experienced the same DL problem (an entirely different story). I discovered I had the game files still on my PC. That was great because I was afraid I may have deleted them. Must have grown wiser over the years! I can't open it, but that's a WIN10 problem I think. Last time I played was a couple years ago. I managed to get it up and running then and am confident I'll figure it out once more. I hope everyone else experiencing problems got them ironed out.

As for the weirdness in my account purchase history online (purchases but no record of what was purchased) I discovered I had to go to the online store, log in and DL from the store. AFAIK nothing is missing. I haven't checked to see if this action fixed the records EA has. I was just happy to see I am credited with (sometimes) 10+ old purchases (not that I shouldn't be). Not sure if anyone else has had their purchase history evaporate like I did, so wanted to tell everyone how I managed it.
    @EA_cade mentioned last month that they are looking into why TS2 is showing up as DD instead of UC as well as looking into why some of us can't download it properly onto our computers as it comes up as a zip file.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1005204/ea-app-required-now/p5
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    No worries at all.

We are also currently looking for EA app error reports ID's for the issues players were seeing with Sims 2 Ultimate Collection showing as Double Deluxe or as a ZIP file instead of the normal game install.

Additionally, we are also seeking report ID's for players having issues with the Sims 3 store content not installing.

If you can provide these ID's (or any other issues) please report them on Answers HQ here so that hopefully we can get these errors corrected before migrations are resumed in the future.