Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you want Sims 1 on Origin? Would you pay for it?

12346...Next

Comments

• AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    Yes, for free though, it's pretty old.
    Yes, for free. That should've been there long time ago. If they do remaster it or something I'd be willing to pay $20-$30 for it.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I wouldn't mind paying up to $20 for the full collection, but considering TS4 is incomplete and free...

I still have my TS2 disc collection and the digital collection in Origin. I've wanted to buy TS1 off ebay but I'm concerned about the Windows 10 compatibility. I only played with Double Deluxe, Hot Date and Vacation so that's all I really wanted.
  • masmabdumasmabdu Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I have all of TS expansions but haven't installed it on my computers since 2010. Would love to be able to download the entire version. Free if possible.
  • johnny33johnny33 Posts: 91 Member
    Yes, here's my wallet, take whatever you want, but please, fix the bugs.
    I've only played the sims deluxe edition as a kid but I had a blast. I would have voted for the sims 5 option but looking at how the sims 4 is going I think ill be sticking with the older entries.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited March 2023
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind paying up to $20 for the full collection, but considering TS4 is incomplete and free...

I still have my TS2 disc collection and the digital collection in Origin. I've wanted to buy TS1 off ebay but I'm concerned about the Windows 10 compatibility. I only played with Double Deluxe, Hot Date and Vacation so that's all I really wanted.

TS1 works for me on Windows 10. I did have to get a no-CD patch though.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    If it was cheap and moddable, sure. I wouldn't play it very often, but it would be a nostalgia thing -- kind of like SimCity 3000 is now. Cities Skylines is much better, but sometimes I like to load up SC3K and find myself in middle school again building roads and trying to recover from tornados. :)
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I wouldn't mind paying for The Sims or The Sims 2, however, Bethesda offers their old Elder Scrolls games for free. I think it should be better if we didn't have to pay.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I would love to have Sims 2 and would pay for it as long as it was all the content and updated to play well on newer computers. I own all of the dlc for my Sims 2 collection but worry that eventually we won't be able to use the disks. It would be nice if you own the disks to be able to get the digital version for free.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I would love to see Sims (2000) remastered with options for higher resolutions and better graphics cards. Sim days can pass in the blink of an eye on modern graphics cards if you put the game on max speed (so much for speeding through the sleep cycle). That said...I am kind of concerned that if it came out on an electronic platform then it could be yanked back from that same electronic platform, given my experiences. I would rather see it on GOG, where I have never had those issues. Same with Sims 2, which inexplicably stopped working when they killed Origin in favor of their new EA app. I may just have to reinstall Sims 2 from my CD (which thankfully I still have) and live without the expansion packs that cannot be installed on newer operating systems. I miss CDs and DVDs for this very reason. They last practically forever. And work as long as you still have an external DVD-RW :smiley:
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Yes, please.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • ALazySimmerALazySimmer Posts: 16 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I'd pay $20 for it, but I think it's a bit pricey. $10 maybe, but I'd pay $20 for a stable easy-to-download version. I can still get SimCity 4 which is pretty old, I don't know why I can't get Sims 1 and 2.
  • Iceman_Iceman_ Posts: 21 Member
    Just make Sims 5 where you integrate all the stuff from sims 1 to 4.
    I would pay for an expansion (for The Sims 4) that included the original Sims neighborhood. It would have to include the objects, construction elements, and clothing. It would also be the perfect opportunity to reintroduce classic gameplay features (burglar, newspaper delivery, etc.).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top