Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lindsay’s (Extra)ordinary Life

mj27aLT.png

Hey, so I’m working on a story blog.

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    edited December 2022
    Travel to Little Falls Nook and meet Lindsay Birch. A girl with a past… only she doesn’t know what it is.
    Expect this thread to evolve as I get some chapters up, work the kinks out in my Blogger and start to enjoy myself.

Chapter Links:
    Prologue: Girl with a past
    Chapter One: Runaway
    Chapter Two: The new normal
    Chapter Three: A long, cold winter
    Chapter Four: Sweet Sixteen
    Chapter Five: Endings and Beginnings
    Chapter Six: Biology at Foxbury
    Chapter Seven: New hobbies, new skills and new friends
    Chapter Eight: Curious changes
    Post edited by NRowe on
    Reserved for forum thread growth
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    Hey I read all the chapters you posted & they were great! I am so intrigued about Lindsay's mysterious background and that ring - who is she, where does she come from and what does it all mean. I'm very much excited to following along as it all unfolds. Also I wonder how long she'll manage while living in a tent like that, or how long will it take for somebody to realize. I have so many questions!!

Great work, & your writing style is lovely.
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    OK, I'm interested now...still got to catch up on "Lucky Girl" (I still don't trust that Jude after 9 chapters), Tusnelda & Trix, Unloved, another historical Sim story about court intrigue in the Napoleonic era...oh, and the person who wrote the V story has returned with another about a family of detectives.
    Thanks for the lovely comments @hellohannah2. Glad I did my ‘work’ (Sims isn’t work…) well and hooked you!
    I’m looking forward to some quality time with Lindsay this weekend so stay tuned.

I know what you mean @Kellogg_J_Kellogg. So many fun stories, I’m following at least a half dozen myself.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Aaaah found you <3 I read all four chapters and they were very well written. My heart bleeds for Lindsay, she is a very strong young lady though. The way you write the story is just beautiful. I had to keep on reading until I got to the end. I could not leave comments there as I am not a blogger, but I will comment here instead. Lindsay's back story was so sad and mysterious, I do wonder about that ring though. Her teacher was very kind, I wonder if he might sort of know what is going on but is remaning polite. That Savannah girl needs to chill and leave Lindsay alone too, gosh what is her problem? The whole birthday and Christmas was so sad, hope that next year will be better for her <3
    Thank you for the sweet comments @mcrudd. Yeah, Lindsay's doing it tough right now, but maybe things will look up.
    And... I'm finally here with an update.

Chapter Five: Endings and Beginnings
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I like how you're showing aspects of HSY. <3
    Chapter 1 - I'm impressed that Lindsay is able to handle her school work with all the other stresses in her life. I wish her classmates would be nicer, though.

Chapter 2 - I once stayed in a place I absolutely hated for a few days to a weeki. It wasn't the same as Lindsay's situation at all, but I still got out of there as early as I could every morning and came back super late too, so I imagine that if I were Lindsay I would try to get to school early every single day to shower and feel clean. I hope she's able to find stable housing soon.

Chapter 3 - I like that Anjelo is checking up on Lindsay, but calling another student a dog (even if she's not great) seems a little off. I hope he's actually kind. Anyway, it's great she was able to get out and have some fun like teenagers should. Happy New Year to her! I am still hoping she gets a home.
    edited December 2022
    Thanks @haneul
    I appreciate your impression of Lindsay as tough but sympathetic. And yeah, looking at it again perhaps Mr Morlind went a touch too far, but I like to think he was just trying to be the cool teacher relating to a student in need.
    It's not a strong one, because we all know what University can be like... but here is

Chapter Six: Biology at Foxbury
    Oh my some interesting fashion from all the roomies LOL. Hahaha Lindsay you might have to invest in a nice gown for those bathroom trips :D What a busy time at uni for you Lindsay. How cool of the Uni to provide food for their students. Congrats on all the games you guys won Lindsay and also your very good grades :)
    So excited to share these new chapters! :)

Chapter Seven: New hobbies, new skills and new friends
    Chapter Eight: Curious changes

The story isn't quite caught up with gameplay (I've been sick with COVID :/ ) so likely there will be more sooner than later
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    @NRowe !!! :)
    Maybe I wasn't paying attention as well as I should have been, but I did not expect that twist at the end of your last chapter! Is she a vampire? I guess we'll have to wait until the next chapter to maybe confirm it.

Anyway, I'm glad she was able to do well in high school, graduate, get out of the tent!, and attend Britechester. Things look like they're going well for her even if she doesn't have much time for a relationship, but now I'm starting to worry a bit.

edited December 2022
    Thanks for reading!

@haneul
    I know you found my general question thread in the other section and likely determined that Lindsay is indeed a vampire. I’m glad it came across as something of a surprise, definitely the effect I was aiming for. Truth is that even I didn’t know Lindsay was going to be a vampire until it happened (by design and cheats). I knew she was likely to be some sort of occult but I hadn’t made the decision yet. :p Now there’s a whole story arc about to unfold so watch this space!!
    Oh my gosh :o
    Dont want to give away anything but wowsers !! I will never let my sims go to that restaurant with experimental foods. And might be a good idea too buy an umbrella for Lindsay ;) Lovely updates :)

Hugs <3 and hope you feel better soon. Covid is super nasty.
    edited December 2022
    @mcrudd The restaurant is awesome and nothing to do with Lindsay’s affliction. :D:D:D

And also funny you should mention the umbrella. I did buy a umbrella rack and Lindsay promptly set about being a pain with open-close open-close open-close and not actually doing anything. At all. :s

I’m finally feeling better and back to work, but perhaps can fit in that promised update this weekend.