Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what worlds would you love to see or have your sims live in in sims5?

2...Next

Comments

• simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    Sims 2
    I want a very dense and walkable open world like the Boroughsburg fan-made Sims 3 world.

aiwsda5p7qvy.png
    ffnlcq50j21s.png
    16mbxcjwsxh7.png
    xmrvdu62xczv.png
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    other (future sims5 project rene) world all answers are good
    Though I do love some of the worlds like TS2 Belladona Cove, TS3 Isla Paradiso (minus the lag haha) and Forgotten Hollow in TS4, I would very much prefer brand new worlds with fresh new themes and to rather add nostalgia and continued lore from the earlier games through the reappearance of some old iconic characters. I would love worlds that represent many different cultures that are not just vacation worlds. It's also just fun to get something new. Getting the same things becomes repetitive and can get old. I want to be surprised and excited to explore worlds that the Sims has never had before.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Entirely custom, that's what I want. Take what was good about each of the previous series, and add to it.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited December 2022
    all of the above
    I‘m torn between all older worlds and completely new. To be frank I want them all. We definitely need something familiar in the base game aka new Willow Creek, but I truly hope for themes that didn’t appear in Sims 4. For example worlds based on Africa or Middle East with huge culture based gameplay, both of those world could include occult gameplay as well as the legends and myths form those regions are huge.

Edit: looking at Courtyard Oasis kit it’s easy to imagine how beautiful the world inspired by Middle East could be.
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    Sims 1
    I'd like someone in EA to do something Retro sims themed, showing they do remember the old games. TS1 would be a cute option. Of course they would be creating unique worlds too. Thats a given. And I'm hoping for open world. Rabbitholes would be acceptable in the base game, but hoping later expansion packs open them up and make them customizable.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Would love that each of our occults have their own world.
    Different themes that are both old and new ocean, amusement park boardwalk, Caribbean of different islands and cultures pirates, Mediterranean theme Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey mash up with a couple islands, Mash up of United Kingdom, Alps theme of mountains and hamlets hidden among the mountains with skiing at the top, Middle Eastern theme and bring back the courtyard oasis kit but expanded into a full pack
    Some worlds be empty like New Crest and other worlds have houses, venues, townies living there
    Able to make any world residential, destination or both
    Smallest world will have 10 to 12 lots the largest will have 25 to 30 lots
    The background is just a background of the closest world to that world not of buildings we can't use
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Apart from existing worlds I'd prefer being able to create my own worlds & neighbourhoods.
    Ideally this would include the following options:
    • To Assign climate.
    • To Populate the world with sims of my choosing.
    • To Assign world traits e.g. off-the grid vs deprived districts vs wealthy neighbourhoods vs mysterious and foggy occult areas vs The Great Outdoors which is a trait that will spawn wildlife vs Space which is basically a planet with a unique biosphere and ecosystem.
    • To create swimmable and "boatable" bodies of water.
    • To add roads, because obviously, OBVIOUSLY vehicles will be included in Basegame.
    • To add lots in space, so that our sims can live on a spaceship.
    • To add lots on or under water, so that our sims can live on a boat or a submarine.

I want all this right now. 🥺
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    Sims 1
    Apart from existing worlds I'd prefer being able to create my own worlds & neighbourhoods.

[*] To Populate the world with sims of my choosing.
    [*] To Assign world traits e.g. off-the grid vs deprived districts vs wealthy neighbourhoods vs mysterious and foggy occult areas vs The Great Outdoors which is a trait that will spawn wildlife vs Space which is basically a planet with a unique biosphere and ecosystem.
    [*] To add lots in space, so that our sims can live on a spaceship.
    [*] To add lots on or under water, so that our sims can live on a boat or a submarine.
    [/list]

I love your ideas. I always loved to play Sims with a Fantasy/ syfy theme. Just opening it up again to be able to place lots where I want to again would be great. And I really hope there's another create-a-world tool like Sims 3 had eventually released. I hope it works more seamlessly with sims 5. With TS3 it was more like a separate program and really difficult to use if you weren't already very literate in stuff like that. But just making it available to the community in whatever form means great content creators soon release custom worlds!! :)
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello Simmers! EA Maxis, new worlds would be nice in
    Sims5 :)
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    • To Assign climate.
    • To Populate the world with sims of my choosing.
    • To Assign world traits e.g. off-the grid vs deprived districts vs wealthy neighbourhoods vs mysterious and foggy occult areas vs The Great Outdoors which is a trait that will spawn wildlife vs Space which is basically a planet with a unique biosphere and ecosystem.
    • To create swimmable and "boatable" bodies of water.
    • To add roads, because obviously, OBVIOUSLY vehicles will be included in Basegame.
    • To add lots in space, so that our sims can live on a spaceship.
    • To add lots on or under water, so that our sims can live on a boat or a submarine.

I want all this right now. 🥺

I would love to get back the ability to customize climate for each world like you could in TS2! Some worlds give certain vibes, or sometimes I just don't feel like playing in winter, etc., so I think customizability is key for this next Sims gen. I don't want full control of my sims' stories, but the world, weather, how places look- that I'd totally want to be able to have control of!