Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies January 3rd? ;) (Confirmed to be March 14!)

BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
Hi all! I was really unimpressed by the Sims Summit but very happy with news of babies coming! I am so excited. This is something that's been high on my list for years now. So we've been told to expect them early next year. I had a dream last night they were dropped January 3rd :D Woke up and checked the calender and it does indeed fall on a Tuesday, which we know is usually patch day. Did I have a premonition? Lol
Post edited by BooDaBoo5 on

Comments

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »
    Hi all! I was really unimpressed by the Sims Summit but very happy with news of babies coming! I am so excited. This is something that's been high on my list for years now. So we've been told to expect them early next year. I had a dream last night they were dropped January 3rd :D Woke up and checked the calender and it does indeed fall on a Tuesday, which we know is usually patch day. Did I have a premonition? Lol

While possible, I doubt it. I think that infant update will be a pre expansion pack patch for the next EP (I guess Generations) and if they drop the patch on January 3rd, that means they have to formally announce the next EP in this quarter if it's coming that early in 2023.

I don't know. Early is very vague.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited October 2022
    @BooDaBoo5 I would love it so much if your dream was a premonitory type dream.

@rudy8292 I don't recall a particular expansion type being mentioned in the after summit event that I watched in full, after the fact. Just that two were expected. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Generations pack from Sims3, so I'm slightly distressed over the clamor for another one. The original one I found woefully lacking. I'm a Family player, too, but there was precious little in that pack to keep me entertained. (I found Parenthood far more satisfying.) I do agree a pre-expansion pack patch is most logical.

Unless, they just drop them into our game the way they did with Toddlers!

We'll have to wait and see. Right now, I have to convince myself to go ahead and play my game forward to help the time go by faster. IE keep busy till the clock runs out, so to speak.

I will likely roll back my game save to replay the birth of Erik's first child, so I can play with the new infants with my favorite Sim family. But, that doesn't mean I can't move the story further ahead, right? The twin girls will age up to Toddler in about four Sim days when I pick things up again. And since we really don't know how the infants will manifest, it's a hard call to make.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Woah, very cool! If not the third maybe there is a 3 in the date of release? 13th, 23rd? ;)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited October 2022
    when they do arrive I just hope they don't break bunch of stuff or be broken themselves or break any packs with baby things or break ppls saves with babies in them

like lowkey already starting to plan around not creating any babies in my save before the new nooboos have settled in

also I'm just afraid they forgot about get to work hospital and alien babies and such cause they always forget to update aliens i swear and get to work is already broken currently i don't want it to be even more so
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

@rudy8292 I don't recall a particular expansion type being mentioned in the after summit event that I watched in full, after the fact. Just that two were expected. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Generations pack from Sims3, so I'm slightly distressed over the clamor for another one. The original one I found woefully lacking. I'm a Family player, too, but there was precious little in that pack to keep me entertained. (I found Parenthood far more satisfying.) I do agree a pre-expansion pack patch is most logical.

We'll have to wait and see. Right now, I have to convince myself to go ahead and play my game forward to help the time go by faster. IE keep busy till the clock runs out, so to speak.

I will likely roll back my game save to replay the birth of Erik's first child, so I can play with the new infants with my favorite Sim family. But, that doesn't mean I can't move the story further ahead, right? The twin girls will age up to Toddler in about four Sim days when I pick things up again. And since we really don't know how the infants will manifest, it's a hard call to make.

That's right, but the 'new worlds' showing a kid on a bike, and a baby being carried on the back of a Sim gives a bit of a hint. Also the objects like Dentures and Box of memories etc. seem to hint that a Generations Expansion is coming. And that would make sense with the infant update.

But yes, it is all speculation at this point, sure. They haven't flat out said anything about the next EP in detail, just the few concept art things and that there are 2 EP's coming next year.

We will have to wait and see! I loved the Generations EP in Sims 3 and I cannot wait to see what they will do with the Sims 4 version (if it comes).
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

While possible, I doubt it. I think that infant update will be a pre expansion pack patch for the next EP (I guess Generations) and if they drop the patch on January 3rd, that means they have to formally announce the next EP in this quarter if it's coming that early in 2023.

I don't know. Early is very vague.

You're right, early is very vague. It could be Feb or March, maybe April. I am wondering if it will be a pre expansion patch or if we won't get more info on them and they'll just drop like they did with toddlers. Only time will tell!
    Simmingal wrote: »
    when they do arrive I just hope they don't break bunch of stuff or be broken themselves or break any packs with baby things or break ppls saves with babies in them

like lowkey already starting to plan around not creating any babies in my save before the new nooboos have settled in

also I'm just afraid they forgot about get to work hospital and alien babies and such cause they always forget to update aliens i swear and get to work is already broken currently i don't want it to be even more so

Unfortunately I am already counting on numerous bugs when they arrive :# So I don't blame you! And yes, I really wish they'd go back and fix things before adding more. It does make me worry some of these things will never be fixed even at the end of the game's life. :/
    edited October 2022

I am thinking it will be something like Generations. I really loved that pack. So much more could've been done with it, sure, but to me it added more filling to the life stages :) It's hard to say what 4's version would be like though.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Well, Maybe the babies will come prematurely in December 2022.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »

just like me then I was suppose to be born in April but got December instead
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    SnaveXs wrote: »

:D That would be great hehe
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    How about a New Year's Eve Baby. :p
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Winterfest baby anyone? :lol:
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Even if I would love for this to happen quickly, I wouldn't expect them to happen so soon.

Remember all the GREAT UPDATES to hair, skin, make-up, clothes, lore, refreshes???

I don't even know if they are going to do any of the above mentioned things anymore

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I wouldn't count on anything happening that close to a holiday. EA would still be on their holiday break, iirc
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Well Sim guru Frost did say early in the year so that tells me between Jan-March or April which is a good time because highschool expansion was in July or August.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    edited October 2022
    Since sim guru frost said early 2023 I expect it in June. 😜
    Post edited by RedShoe7 on
  • trogametrogame Posts: 37 Member
    edited November 2022
    @BooDaBoo5 you might be on to something since they notified folks on January 13, 2017 about the release of toddlers https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/sims-4-adds-toddlers
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    Please let this be true <3
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

I'm thinking Mid to Late January for the next ep. Toddlers came out 2 weeks before the Vampire GP so the infant update could very well come out the first or second week of January.

I am thinking it will be something like Generations. I really loved that pack. So much more could've been done with it, sure, but to me it added more filling to the life stages :) It's hard to say what 4's version would be like though.

I was thinking Generations but after seeing the spark trailer yesterday I'm beginning to think the EP will be on Brazil. One of the world pics in the sim summit look like what they showed yesterday with the colored buildings and apartments. Brazil has been mentioned on surveys 2 or 3 times.
    Babies aren't getting updated. We're getting a new lifestage infants.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

I was thinking Generations but after seeing the spark trailer yesterday I'm beginning to think the EP will be on Brazil. One of the world pics in the sim summit look like what they showed yesterday with the colored buildings and apartments. Brazil has been mentioned on surveys 2 or 3 times.

One of the EPS has to be generation based. They had a family out in the art for the world. And because the mother had an infant on her back, it’s why the infant update is coming first. More objects for infants included in the pack. Also the dentures, wasn’t in any of the recent kits that released. Possibly because it will come with the generations type EP.
    Lol pure speculation 😅but it makes sense 🤷‍♂️
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’d say mid January infants would come out, hopefully it could be earlier