Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Placing a Room in an Apartment - glitch

Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Has this glitch always been there? When placing a room from the gallery or library, against an edge wall, it turns it into the 'drywall'.

Is there a way to avoid this? Or fix it after placing it?

(Shut "Move Objects" off in-case that was the issue, but it's not.)

fFqK3oa.png
Reticulating Splines...
9ODVlJh.png

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited November 2022
    If you didn't have that issue before and you have the EA App installed you can blame it on that. Since installing the EA App, I've had lots of issues with building. I haven't played apartments (in a very long time) so I don't know about your issue.

Good luck figuring how to fix it. I'd report my issues at the other site, but I don't know where to put it since it's a EA App issue in the sims 4. If I report it in the EA App section, will it get fixed in the sims4 and if I report it in the sims 4, will it be ignored because it's a EA App issue.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    If you didn't have that issue before and you have the EA App installed you can blame it on that. Since installing the EA App, I've had lots of issues with building. I haven't played apartments (in a very long time) so I don't know about your issue.

Good luck figuring how to fix it. I'd report my issues at the other site, but I don't know where to put it since it's a EA App issue in the sims 4. If I report it in the EA App section, will it get fixed in the sims4 and if I report it in the sims 4, will it be ignored because it's a EA App issue.

Ah yes. I recently did install the EA app. Only because they said that will be forced soon anyways. :(

That could be it. Thank you @DragonAge_300905 for that insight.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

Ah yes. I recently did install the EA app. Only because they said that will be forced soon anyways. :(

That could be it. Thank you @DragonAge_300905 for that insight.

That's the same reason I installed. At least I'm figuring out how to fix my issues and knowing to look for them. Though I did have to delete a build I really liked due to the issues. A heads up, if you try using the platform tool, then change your mind about it, going back to non platform room will delete (all) the ceilings.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Hm doubt this has anything to do with the EA app.

This has always happened in San Myshuno, some rooms are so badly coded that touching anything in them (deleting walls, painting walls) messes up the exterior walls of that room.
    It was supposedly "fixed" in new saves, haven't tried it though.

Most people don't notice since who really looks at exteriors in apartments ?
    (I do, so I work around it)
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    You can try to repair your game. I did that and now my sim doesn't have the light bulbs over her head while working her fabrication skill anymore. A lot of the game play issues I was experiencing have been fixed in patches, even though I had started a new game, they were happening. So maybe repairing your game will fix it.

Eta. Also the clicking the candle maker to make a candle doesn't automatically complete it anymore. I knew that was fixed because it didn't happen again in my game after they fixed it, until I installed the EA App. It took a while to repair because it had to download a lot of files.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I saw this workaround/fix on tumblr the other day. It may help resolve this issue.
    https://at.tumblr.com/lumenniveus/the-no-mods-no-cheats-fix-for-missing-apartment/ca9ua02c3laa
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I saw this workaround/fix on tumblr the other day. It may help resolve this issue.
    https://at.tumblr.com/lumenniveus/the-no-mods-no-cheats-fix-for-missing-apartment/ca9ua02c3laa

Thank you that is very good link. I have bookmarked it for if I ever have the issue.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Has this glitch always been there? When placing a room from the gallery or library, against an edge wall, it turns it into the 'drywall'.

Is there a way to avoid this? Or fix it after placing it?

(Shut "Move Objects" off in-case that was the issue, but it's not.)

fFqK3oa.png

Heya, Please report this over on Answers HQ so we can take a look into it, you can find a link in my signature below.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top