Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Impossible to catch batfish

Literally I catched every other fish other than batfish and I desperately need batfish for custom quests. Fishing in Forgotten Grotto but no luck. Probably spend more than 40+ simdays...

Is batfish that hard to catch or do I have a weird bug? Is there any way to fish batfish easier?

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Did you check if there is a specific bait for it?
  • CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    edited November 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Did you check if there is a specific bait for it?

In Carl's Fishing Guide it says no skill/bait required. I dont know if using bait would increase the chances. I tried using medium-small fish as bait & Fish for big catch interaction. Nothing worked.

I got all the rarest fishes, only batfish is missing.

I only fish in Forgotten Grotto. I didnt try other spots.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited November 2022
    @CordeliaBeaufort Sims VIP says to use medium-sized fish as bait
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    @CordeliaBeaufort Sims VIP says to use medium-sized fish as bait

Solved the problem. Carl's overhaul said I shoul've used small sized bait. With small sized bait I catched many batfishes.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    I had a vampire character living in Forgotten Hollow who was catching batfish all the time. This was two months ago. I don't recall what if any bait I used. I do think it's easier to catch them in the fishing spot farthest away from Vlad's house and closest to Garliclauter. Could be me imagining patterns out of randomness, though.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
    Eleri wrote: »
    I had a vampire character living in Forgotten Hollow who was catching batfish all the time. This was two months ago. I don't recall what if any bait I used. I do think it's easier to catch them in the fishing spot farthest away from Vlad's house and closest to Garliclauter. Could be me imagining patterns out of randomness, though.

In vanilla, bait is not required but I was using Carl's overhaul and forgot to read fishing overhaul lmao. It was strange that before I use his mod finding batfish was very easy and I was sure something is wrong :D
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    The fishing spot in FH is where I have had my sims catch tons of batfish. Occasionally they caught them in the Forgotten Grotto.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I think it's just luck. I've never had trouble catching batfish in Forgotten Grotto, even without bait. Try fishing without bait?

Or maybe the game is being mean. The game knows how much you want it, so it's taunting you. ;)