Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Dropping by to say hi.

I posted a brief update on my blog (I won't risk the wrath of the mods by posting the link) but here's the update:

I'm posting this update to let everyone know that my surgery and recovery are going well save for a minor complication. Today I bring sad news- my pet rats Helios and Winter recently passed away from old age. (Pet rats only live to be two years old.) There may be no content postings for a brief time.

Thank you for reading, understanding, and support :-)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Back with a nice long chapter of Life is Random:
    5.33 Love Stories
    image.png
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    Hi folks!
    My brain has been feeling mushy lately and I'm in a lot of pain from the progressing pregnancy. I've been playing Planet Zoo these days. I miss my Sims but it feels like so much trouble to try and make sense of them.

How are you all doing?
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    Sorry to hear that but I remember Mrs Kellogg (yes, there is one) going through similar experience. I hope things ease a bit for you.

Yeah, I'm doing OK...going to introduce a new main character in Sim 66 soon: A very different one from the regular cast but I think she covers an area of the Sixties setting I haven't covered yet.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'll be back at some point tommorrow. my internet is fixed mom decide it was good idea to cut the wire that turned out to control everything. i know i'll be back at 11 just not sure exactly when tomorrow is really boring meeting day. they want to to know what changed cause of covid nothing has
    Here's a new chapter and I'm introducing a new character (although she's made one guest appearance previously). I wanted to go with something a bit different from any other character I've featured before and also cover some more gritty storylines. It's not all sunshine pop and groovy in Sim 66. So here's Joanna in Chapter 176: The Bequest

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2022/11/chapter-176-bequest.html

RGcUvpC.png
    well i'm depressed lol. my meeting is actually friday so 2 more days .even less than normal changed with me. same job same hours and of course the drs excet dentist are all over the phone still
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited November 2022
    new chapter:
    X2sc1P5.png
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited November 2022
    edit I have to rewrite this post
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited November 2022
    nvm found it! but I need the phone accesory CC for the pose to work
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
    Finally back with another chapter of Life is Random, in which we explore career day.
    Careers
    image.png
    Just a light, breezy chapter today. After meeting Joanna Thompson the previous day and admiring her boots, Barbara is on a mission to get some to sell in her boutique. Chapter 177: Kinkee Boots

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2022/11/chapter-177-kinky-boots.html

7ezhttB.png
  • plumsiebobplumsiebob Posts: 37 Member
    Hello people, pretty new here and just wanted to say hi! I'm River. Looking forward to becoming a part of the community! I just launched my own website where I'm going to share my SimLit as well as other things like sims I've created and whatnot. I'm looking for others' stories to read, so it feels like I've come to the right place. x)

River. Any pronouns are fine, but I mainly go by they/them. Neurodivergent, cat parent, tea addict. Occult and berry sim SimLit.

aTuIcL0.png
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Hey all! I feel like it's been a couple years since I dropped by (formally known as DreamsInPixels), I'm glad to see this place is still active. I've gotten back into writing and can't wait to share it. I also can't wait to read what everyone has been writing recently. I already see I have a bunch to catch up on lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    Hey all! I feel like it's been a couple years since I dropped by (formally known as DreamsInPixels), I'm glad to see this place is still active. I've gotten back into writing and can't wait to share it. I also can't wait to read what everyone has been writing recently. I already see I have a bunch to catch up on lol.

i remember you.welcome back.
    iknow i still need to post a update. the triplets are potty training right now well 2 are alonzo is taking is time.
    edited November 2022
    funny tonight's Dhar Mann eposide basically is what America learns in Gen 3 about Kelly Bersjen. (If you lie to someone once everything you say become questonable")
    6adMCGP.gif
    Hii. I'm really curious, you who writes SimLit, do you stick to one story at a time or do you have several simlit stories that you juggle at the same time? If so, I'd love to know what your process is routine-wise and such? I'm debating whether I should stick to one, but I also feel like I want/need some diversity. I feel that having a couple of stories going at the same time may aid in not getting bored with them? But I don't want to burn/stress myself out either! Any input would be super appreciated!

River. Any pronouns are fine, but I mainly go by they/them. Neurodivergent, cat parent, tea addict. Occult and berry sim SimLit.

aTuIcL0.png
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    riverbloe wrote: »
    Hii. I'm really curious, you who writes SimLit, do you stick to one story at a time or do you have several simlit stories that you juggle at the same time? If so, I'd love to know what your process is routine-wise and such? I'm debating whether I should stick to one, but I also feel like I want/need some diversity. I feel that having a couple of stories going at the same time may aid in not getting bored with them? But I don't want to burn/stress myself out either! Any input would be super appreciated!

I feel like it's really up to the author and what they can handle. I stick to just one because I hyperfocus on just the one, I truly do envy those that do more than one at a time lol. In your case, 2 sounds like it could be a good starting point! I feel like the key to juggling multiple is organization and inspiration. Happy simming and writing!

~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~

I manage three right now, though I did use to try to keep up with more. Then I realized I was losign track of where Ieft off and it felt like the storylines were being dragged out. I switch every month between Life is Random (my Random Legacy), Box of Chocolates (Box of Chocolates/Spellcaster challenge) and the Henriques Chronicles. I have a OneNote page or two for each story to remind me what I had planned for each. I read the last chapter before starting a new one to remind myself where I left off. If I'm in the middle of playing through my random Legaacy and think of something I want to do for Box of Chocolates, I add that to my notes.
    Right now, I'm actually doing two months of Life is Random because I barely played last month. It's throwing my schedule slightly off, but I'll deal with it.
    image.png
    @UmbralFlower Of course! I'm just looking for inspiration since I'm new to all this, I'll have to figure it out on my own in the end what type of SimLit writer I am. It's nice to know what works for others and how they work it out to get inspiration! The best thing about it is that we're allowed to change, haha! Thank you so much for the tips!

@SimTresa Wow, three! That's not half bad, I'm not sure that I could do that, haha. I'm envisioning me just switching between two whenever I lose steam with one, but maybe that'll be hard on the reader? Hm, I've got an idea of what to do now, thank you for the inspiration and for sharing your process!

aTuIcL0.png
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member

From someone who is really bad at organising thoughts, I say stick with one. IDK how good you are at multitasking (I'm not XD) but it's a lot easier to focus on one story than it is juggling multiple at once. I don't think people would get bored if you just wrote one story. If people like that one story they'll keep coming back for more ~
    they/them or she/her
    edited November 2022
    @UmbralFlower Of course! I'm just looking for inspiration since I'm new to all this, I'll have to figure it out on my own in the end what type of SimLit writer I am. It's nice to know what works for others and how they work it out to get inspiration! The best thing about it is that we're allowed to change, haha! Thank you so much for the tips!

@SimTresa Wow, three! That's not half bad, I'm not sure that I could do that, haha. I'm envisioning me just switching between two whenever I lose steam with one, but maybe that'll be hard on the reader? Hm, I've got an idea of what to do now, thank you for the inspiration and for sharing your process!

Only one way to find out. Try it and see if it works for you and your readers. If you're worried you'll get bored just working on one at a time, you should try doing two. Or have one main big story and occasionally do short side sotires or chapters from a secondary character's point of view.

I know I confused friendsfan at least once, but that was probably partly on me for forgetting to note which story I was updating.
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top