Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Magical Mastersons (Rebooted)

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    @_sims_Yimi Thanks for the comment!

Yep, they do look very alike. One of them has a slightly wider face, but I forget who :D In the original save, they looked more different when they got to adolescence. I often think you can’t really tell what a Sims 4 kid looks like (as in, family resemblances) until they’re a teen. It’d be more interesting if Caroline and Peter didn’t have the same hair colour and the same eye colour.
    As for the magic thing… ooh, interesting idea! I can definitely imagine a hormonal teenager casting a spell in anger, where if they were in a good mood they wouldn’t do so. It’d be cool if child Spellcasters had more to do, like a little potion table (so Xanthe can turn people into frogs and so on), but I can make do without.
    Finally did another chapter! That can be the problem with game-driven SimLit, coming up with stuff to write about. That was part of the sad thing about having to delete the original save when I did, as I did have some storylines in mind. Ah well. I'll hang on to them for the future.

Chapter Twelve: Daily Life

hDJrRIF.jpg
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    Also catching up!
    The toddler Xmas jumpers are so cute ;-; Ah no Peter got cursed! The kids are gonna have a hard time holding it off until they're teens before they can do any magic, though as Yimi says is it better in the hands of a child or a hormonal teen? XD Good that they're also bearing in mind that sometimes it's good to get hands-on rather than over-rely on magic. One wrong Repairio and that's an expensive replacement : P
    they/them or she/her
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    Also catching up!
    The toddler Xmas jumpers are so cute ;-; Ah no Peter got cursed! The kids are gonna have a hard time holding it off until they're teens before they can do any magic, though as Yimi says is it better in the hands of a child or a hormonal teen? XD Good that they're also bearing in mind that sometimes it's good to get hands-on rather than over-rely on magic. One wrong Repairio and that's an expensive replacement : P

Thanks for the comment!
    Yep, sometimes plumbing catches fire if Repairio goes wrong! Particularly odd when it’s a toilet, which has water in the bowl… And sometimes handiness is useful in its own right, eg for upgrades or for getting to the Forgotten Grotto secret lot.
    Found these old screenshots from the original Mastersons save of what can happen when Repairio goes wrong on a toilet...

2kRqJlH.jpg

M2mb8sx.jpg
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    The magic of somehow being on fire, zappy with electricity and filled with water at the same time 😂

Chapter 12
    Aw, Caroline. I hope she makes a breakthrough soon, but she's right in that she needs to put in the effort herself, too. I've never actually played through the acting career in the game but it looks like a lot of fun.
    The kids are growing up fast! It'll be fun to see all of them on a skiing trip together. Fingers crossed that none of them breaks anything on the way down, though 😅
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    It's been a while since I uploaded here :#:D I haven't actually played for a while, I was diagnosed with COVID on Tuesday and haven't been feeling 100%. Mostly I've been more tired than usual and had a blocked nose. But I'm slowly feeling better so more chapters will be coming!

Chapter Thirteen: No More Toddlers!

JjPaWcI.jpg

Since the images aren't in the post, here are Artemis and Apollo:

jP6ANbl.jpg
    rRzDAyK.jpg
    The Mastersons celebrate Winterfest, enjoy some time in Mt Komorebi and adopt two little kittens! I didn't actually mention it in the post, but the gingery one was renamed Heidi, and the black one was renamed Coco.

Chapter Fourteen: Komorebi and Kittens

rptaDsK.jpg
    Oh no! I’m glad that you’re feeling better, hopefully you didn’t get too sick!

Chapter 13
    Haha, I’m glad Caroline’s singing gig went well. I’m assuming her boss wouldn’t have fired her if she failed, but it’s the sims, you never know 😆 Artemis and Apollo grew up well! Both parents must be feeling happy that there’s finally no more toddlers, haha. I know I would be.

Chapter 14
    Seeing the Mastersons celebrating Winterfest, ending the year and playing in the snow is getting me in a Christmasy mood, as well 😄 the year really went by so fast. YAY! Kittens! The best present to end the year with 😁
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi Thanks for the comment! I do feel much better thank you, the main symptoms were just tiredness & blocked nose in the end.
    No more toddlers is definitely a plus, although they’re quite cute. Once they’re able to walk and are potty trained, the main thing is needing to bathe them. But now they can bathe/shower themselves so yay! :D
    I have no idea where this year went haha. Hard to believe that Christmas is in less than three weeks and that it’ll soon be 2023…
    Hope you feel better now!
    Woo, no more toddlers in the house! Though to be fair, now that I think about it it's not like schoolkids are any less stressful than toddlers XD I'm glad Caroline's audition went well, and that her singing didn't need too much editing!
    they/them or she/her
    Happy belated Christmas from the Masterson kids! I'm currently on a short break to create some side characters in a separate save, so once they're ready I'll plop them into the Masterson save and carry on playing.

FUvnBCz.jpg

As you can see, I found a really cool CC Christmas jumper that comes in yellow! It's by Powluna. It comes in lots of other colours too. In case anyone fancies it, it's here: https://powluna.tumblr.com/post/703986799367847937/joy
    Happy belated Christmas from the Masterson kids! I'm currently on a short break to create some side characters in a separate save, so once they're ready I'll plop them into the Masterson save and carry on playing.

FUvnBCz.jpg

As you can see, I found a really cool CC Christmas jumper that comes in yellow! It's by Powluna. It comes in lots of other colours too. In case anyone fancies it, it's here: https://powluna.tumblr.com/post/703986799367847937/joy

Those jumpers look real cute! Merry belated Christmas and a happy Newyear!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Finally ready with a new chapter! I am very aware that the playground is rather empty, I may re-do the screenshot in the future.

Chapter Fifteen: A New Friend

4KMaDRO.jpg
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @Lucy_Henley A new chapter. :)
    I like the interactions between Malia and Artemis. I hope they become good friends if possible! It's also cute how different Apollo and Artemis are despite being twins. I also like how their parents are preparing them to be spellcasters by taking them to the Magic Realm etc. even though they can't practice magic yet.
    Thanks for the comment @haneul !
    I hope Artemis and Malia become friends too. It can take a while for friendships to develop but they’re worth it!
    Yeah, Artemis and Apollo are pretty different but still close. Erytheia and Xanthe are pretty similar, but they’re still young. They’ll probably be more different as they get older. And anyway, being similar as twins isn’t a bad thing.
    I do wish there was more for child Spellcasters to do, all they can do is have a familiar.
    Another chapter! Also, Peter is considered a B-List Celebrity. I've got the fame perk that allows him to gain fame through his job and skills. Note: "lift" is what Americans would call an elevator. And yes, that is Nancy Landgrabb that Caroline confronts!

Chapter Sixteen: Fame Ascending

3uZ6arr.jpg
    Chapter 16 - nice update :)
    It's nice to see that she's progressing in her acting career and that the family continues to do well. It's just too bad that becoming a bigger celebrity also means being harassed more by the paparazzi.

The fire was unfortunate, but if someone must start a fire in their home, I think the bathroom is probably one of the safest places to do it! :sweat_smile:
    @haneul Thanks for the comment! By the way, that Sim in your banner is so pretty!

New chapter time!

Chapter Seventeen: Selvadorada, Swordfighting, and the Starlight Accolades

09sezgz.jpg

The title's a bit of a mouthful, but I thought it'd be fun going for a triple-S thing :D
    New chapter!
    I love the Selvadorada pics! Before you even mentioned it I was like: Oof, good timing the Bear Phase whilst in hot sweaty Selvadorada, that's gonna have to go in the wash after like 20 minutes XD Thank goodness for Scruberoo! Noo don't take the coins, you never know what kind of ancient curses might come of it : P

Woo to Caroline for winning the award! she deserved it for having to swordfight in an inconvenient-for-swordfighting dress, but hey, that's movie star life for you Caroline- women going into battle in inconvenient attire : P
    they/them or she/her
    Thank you @SnowBnuuy !
    Thankfully Xanthe got over the Bear Phase pretty quickly!
    I’d been to Selvadorada a few times with various Sims, but this was the first time I’d completed the temple exploration so that was cool.
    And yes, Scruberoo is very useful! At least there aren’t any consequences when it goes wrong, unlike with Repairio :D
    edited January 2023
    Chapter 17 :)
    Like SnowBnuuy, I imagine that Bear Phase + Selvadorada = unfortunate timing and uncomfortable sweatiness. It's a great opportunity for Scruberoo.

The Tournament of Honour shoot looks so cool, like it went very well. I hope Caroline had fun on set and wasn’t just nervous. Oh, it did go very well! Congrats on the Starlight Accolade.
    By the way, that Sim in your banner is so pretty!
    Thank you! She's one of the founders of my legacy.
    Thanks @haneul !
    Unfortunately you can’t actually use Scruberoo on a child Sim, but otherwise it would be very useful! The Bear phase is always a weird one, since they seem to be able to eat and use the toilet whilst wearing it… maybe there’s some secret zips somewhere?
    I don’t remember having done the Tournament of Honour gig before, which is odd. Maybe I did do it in the past once but opted to not follow my Sim there.
    Finally got a new chapter! I wrote it in the third person. It may seem a little bit all over the place, but I'd played quite a lot since the last chapter and wanted to summarise it as best as I could.

Chapter Eighteen: Changing Seasons

ZnlK50w.jpg

I appreciate the info about Artemis's eyesight may be a little confusing (and probably rather simplified). Artemis is clever, but she's still young). Funnily enough, I also have shortsightedness (which I believe is called nearsightedness in the US) and astigmatism, and have been wearing glasses since I was ten. When I refer to a football I mean soccer ball (I'm English, remember!), and a rugby ball is shaped similarly to an American football. The bit at the end with Erytheia and Alexander may seem a little random and somewhat "shoehorned in", but I just wanted to include it since I'm really excited to be starting their relationship again!