Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quick Meals

I would love it if a child could make a quick meal (not necessarily the ones in the microwave), just the ones from the fridge.
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• chonlaphatchonlaphat Posts: 16 New Member
    yeah i agree or maybe they can learn how to cook at a young age
  • StreicherStreicher Posts: 31 Member
    Personally I would love it if you can order a meal for a child at a bar. I keep forgetting to put something in my inventory when the family goes to the pub
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Streicher wrote: »
    Personally I would love it if you can order a meal for a child at a bar. I keep forgetting to put something in my inventory when the family goes to the pub

You can order two meals and give one to the child. Or one of those group meals that they can grab a serve from.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member

Can children even go to a bar? I need to try that out. But just grabbing a ham and cheese or pb&j, or chips or cereal. I haven't been able to get any sim kids to be able to get them. Maybe it's a glitch though because I thought I remembered kids walking around with a cereal bowl. I do group meals all the time @crocobaura. That way they can at least grab leftovers from the fridge.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »

Can children even go to a bar? I need to try that out. But just grabbing a ham and cheese or pb&j, or chips or cereal. I haven't been able to get any sim kids to be able to get them. Maybe it's a glitch though because I thought I remembered kids walking around with a cereal bowl. I do group meals all the time @crocobaura. That way they can at least grab leftovers from the fridge.

I was referring to the bar food, not the fridge. Some of the meals you can buy from the bar are group meals by default, so when you order them you get a platter. Children can go to bars, but they cannot order anything, so if your child is hungry while there, you need to order for them. I think child sims can get quick meals from the ice box.
    Ah, thank you.
    Ok, I figured out what the issue is so it's no longer an 'idea'. I have the Simple Living trait on all the lots I have tried to do quick meals on and it's not available for any family member by design. I don't have a microwave on those lots so I don't know if that works. I knew I wasn't going crazy. lol.