Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Likes and Dislikes

Comments

• Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    I don't know. I live in the moment so decide based on how I feel.
    Mostly go with the flow and based on their personality. For example; if they're gaming (and they usually enjoy it/are a gamer) and the sign pops up saying "they don't like it", I'll ignore. Okay they may not like it in that moment but it seems silly to give it a dislike if they normally get enjoyment from it. The same with cooking/baking.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I tell YOU what you like and don't like and you will LIKE IT!
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    Since the likes and dislikes are bases on the sims mood while they are doing something, I make the decision on what I want and who they are to me. I don’t want them to dislike something because they happened to be in a bad mood from something unrelated. I also keep likes to a minimum otherwise they will drive me nuts doing the things they like constantly. This system is unbalanced like all the others in this game.

Completely agree with this!
    My sim who is a writer suddenly got asked to dislike writing cause he was in a bad mood cause of a dirty plate next to him.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    A fun way to choose music likes is to set the stereo in the main area of their home to playing Mixed Music. They will occasionally choose to dance or listen on their own, so the genre of song playing at that time (and their mood) will determine if they like it or not.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    I go with their decision because; you know freedom of choice or whatever.
    I go with what my sim wants unless it's something like hates fitness when they have the active trait.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I go with their decision because; you know freedom of choice or whatever.
    If my Sim appears to be enjoying something so much that I get a pop-up, I just click yes, most of the time. Once in awhile they reject something that I don't want them to reject, having a good sense that in the future of the game, that may come into play.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Depends on my own mood, sorry pixels :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    I feel like likes/dislikes shouldn't depend on a sim's mood. I also don't like how majority of townies likes/dislikes are randomized. It would be nice to see a little bit more method to the madness.
  • HyawehHyaweh Posts: 36 Member
    My sim wont like something if they do it while they're in a bad mood... and mostly it has nothing to do with the activity but more with the environnement or what happened before. So I go with the flow according to how I imagine the sim and what he seems to really like or not.
    Sorry for my English, I'm French.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited November 2022
    I set them up when I make the sim. My first response I mixed up the wants and desires with the likes and dislikes.

I turn them off every time I play. I would leave them on but I'm not going to spend reward points to cancel the ones I won't have my sim do.
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • Landj0ghurtLandj0ghurt Posts: 8 New Member
    > @PenguinFoop said:
    > I sort of use the same approach which is why when the option comes up, I say no when it's negative because it tends to happen when they're doing something I need them to do often.
    >
    > For instance Shayne is in the athletic career and he had to exercise when he was uncomfortable. He said he didn't like exercising. So I promptly told him that he does indeed like exercising whether he likes it or not. Now he likes it and has the active lifestyle.
    >
    > I win.

that's how I tend to do it as well. The problem is if I accept a like that has anything to do with computers etc. They're just going to play video games the whole time and I already don't like how sims aaalways hang infront of the PC, but thats just personal preference. I also never use the likes & dislikes in cas. I prefer them evolving over time rather than deciding them right from the start. It's a Meh feature... don't hate it but amn't a fan of it either...
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    usually I just have already set all their likes and dislikes as i want them and i don't want to make changes as i play because it often is not in alignment with their traits and lore n such

therefore that pop up mostly gets spam treatment

it drives me crazy when sims sometimes gain likes and dislikes when I am not playing them and game comes up with nonsense things like Marcus Flex that dislikes fitness like hmn? why tho?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I use Lotharihoe's Automatic preferences mod. It decides for me.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,660 Member
    I never, or very very rarely, give my sims likes or dislikes in CAS anyway. Once their in the story and the popup comes along I will decide then based on personality and story. I probably dismiss more than I allow, especially dislikes. Any like or dislike that is about decor is automatically thrown out. It drives me nuts when sims drop what they're doing to rant or rave about the furniture or decorations. Let's stay focused here guys and gals, the story isn't about the mid-century sofa or French country dining set.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I have a pretty clear picture of what my Sims strive to achieve, what skills they need to reach that goal so if I have someone who need to be handy to fill its role in the household, I can't have them dislike handiness. On the other hand I might not care what kind of music they like
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2022
    I don't even feel bad for my sims that I pick everything, I give my sims a long life, I'm a nice god now with an older head 😂 and I don't trap them In pools and lock them in a room when it's burning anymore 🤣🤣, at 12 years old I was a wee murderous psycho with my sims 🤔😂
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Likes??? Dislikes??? The unmitigated gall of my sim thinking that they can even ask! (Option is turned off with mods)
    I assign Likes in each category when Sims are in CAS. They each get one favorite color, two music types, and five to seven activities based on their aspiration and traits. I don't assign any Dislikes for colors or activities. I do say no to music styles that I don't like.
  • chonlaphatchonlaphat Posts: 16 New Member
    :) wowwww
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member

Sims world rule #1 : "Obey me >:) !"
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @PenguinFoop The way I do it is to set likes/dislikes manually but leave room for the game experience to suggest something. For example, if it's a child I will manually pick about 10 likes/dislikes if it's an adult I will pick 12 to 15 likes/dislikes. This leaves room for the game to suggest things that I can either deny or allow.
  • jandenbjandenb Posts: 11 New Member
    Generally I accept the game's suggestion unless it doesn't fit the sim
  • StreicherStreicher Posts: 31 Member
    Disliking gardening and fishing when you're going from rags to riches is NOT an option in my game 😉 I generally tend to ignore their freedom of choice - I have the final say
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I don't even feel bad for my sims that I pick everything, I give my sims a long life, I'm a nice god now with an older head 😂 and I don't trap them In pools and lock them in a room when it's burning anymore 🤣🤣, at 12 years old I was a wee murderous psycho with my sims 🤔😂

Lol, In most of my saves my sims have very long lives too, I keep aging turned off most of the time. My main rotational save from 2014, has a lot of sims at the top of their careers ( earned ), with lots of skills…. Lol, some have started families, others are still single ( sometimes living with other singles , or living with a significant other or spouse. A few of my families have been waiting for updated babies for many years…… they are so excited for their babies to become infants!
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I view them as suggestions and may or may not accept them based on the sim and my mood. I may accept pretty "inconsistent" suggestions just because I find them funny/interesting. Like, I was playing as my actor sim and suddenly the game gave me a popup that Judith Ward dislikes acting. I was like "ok lol, partly explains why she's so grumpy all the time but she still keeps doing it just for the money".
    In my Homeless challenge I made it a rule that I HAD to accept every single like/dislike popup. Got lucky with fishing, the sim otherwise ended up disliking almost every single other activity she could do.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I generally accept them, cause it doesn't mean the Sim isn't going to be involved in that activity for me. There are hundreds of tasks we all do begrudgingly, after all, lol.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

Honestly, I think alot of it goes with 'role-playing'. Like if a stove blows up while cooking, then maybe that Sim ends up disliking cooking. ;)

That's the way I do it anyways. The suggestions actually are handy to pop up.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png