Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An hybrid Mobile- Computer Sims game? What features could the game include to take advantage of this

AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
I just saw this:

snip

While is truth that a Sims game that can run on both mobile divices and consoles or computers may limit the things the game could do. A game that uses the mobile as a complementary tool instead may expand the game by making it more interactive and engaging.

What do you think?

CM Edit: Removed screenshots per policy.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited October 2022
    It would be cool if the real-life iPhone could work as the in-game phone menu. For example, there could be buttons for various interaction options such as: "Call Sim" and then you could see thumbnails of your various contacts that you could tap on; calling for services sims; ordering takeout and deliveries; and blogging/ social networking. When you select the option on your real-life phone it would communicate with the game to do that action and it would be queued.

Disclaimer: This is not an unsolicited idea or feature request for Project Rene as EA cannot use them. This is my personal perspective/ desired feature(s) in the life simulation genre.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    I like both your ideas. I kind of think that the best option is going to be to have a phone be complementary to the game.
    I'm not sure it's going to be possible to run the Project Rene fully on mobile. This quote sums it up from Lyndsay Pearson:

Pearson shared that while most Sims players are on PC, there's a growing group who are "adding" playing The Sims on their phone to their routines. Players might play both The Sims 4 and The Sims Mobile. "We know younger audiences are tending toward their phones, which means they will grow into audiences who will probably still 'multiscreen,' she said. Meaning that more Sims players in the future will likely have their phones on while interacting with the game on PC or console.

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/pc/lyndsay-pearson-dishes-on-the-sims-recent-development-challenges
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • DkaffeDkaffe Posts: 27 Member
    I really hope that they will go down the complementary road. As I already posted somewhere else: Even though future smartphones might definitely have enough power to run more advanced games, backwards support/compatibility is a huge deal on that platform. I assume they would have to limit the games potential quite a lot to create a similar experience across all devices.
    r3Mheab.png
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm beginning to see the advantages of a multi-platform game. Even if mobile capabilities only allow you to use CAS and build/buy modes, it would be something. I've had to be away from my game due to traveling, sitting with hospitalized family members, and, most recently, due to a broken arm. Having an alternative way to access at least some features would be great.
    telemwill wrote: »
    I'm beginning to see the advantages of a multi-platform game. Even if mobile capabilities only allow you to use CAS and build/buy modes, it would be something. I've had to be away from my game due to traveling, sitting with hospitalized family members, and, most recently, due to a broken arm. Having an alternative way to access at least some features would be great.

Yeah, the key question is if the entire game can be accessed via Cloud Gaming where you basically just use an internet conection and don't store much data files on your device, allowing mobile to play the entire game

OR

mobile is a limited interaction with the core game that is stored locally on PC and Console.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

Yeah, the key question is if the entire game can be accessed via Cloud Gaming where you basically just use an internet conection and don't store much data files on your device, allowing mobile to play the entire game

OR

mobile is a limited interaction with the core game that is stored locally on PC and Console.

Either one is ok with me. I do hope they don't limit the PC game because of mobile, but having some access via my phone would be helpful.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member

OR

Well rumors are it's a "real Sims game". Now who's to say if that's truly the case or if this "news organization" is just writing clickbait articles. Only time will tell.

But, according to that article, it stated:
    An early image of the game showed a mobile version of the game. However, this has now been confirmed via sources that are helping to test the game. This means that the mobile version isn’t a simply cloud version, but an actual release.

https://www.droidgamers.com/2022/11/01/sims-5-mobile-port-confirmed-via-playtest-leaks/

OR

Well rumors are it's a "real Sims game". Now who's to say if that's truly the case or if this "news organization" is just writing clickbait articles. Only time will tell.

An early image of the game showed a mobile version of the game. However, this has now been confirmed via sources that are helping to test the game. This means that the mobile version isn’t a simply cloud version, but an actual release.

https://www.droidgamers.com/2022/11/01/sims-5-mobile-port-confirmed-via-playtest-leaks/

How is mobile going to play the Sims with the limited storage it has? The only answer is cloud gaming
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

OR

How is mobile going to play the Sims with the limited storage it has? The only answer is cloud gaming

graphics and data in general to be shown at a 6" screen is much less than data for a 32" screen
    edited November 2022
    leo3487 wrote: »

OR

graphics and data in general to be shown at a 6" screen is much less than data for a 32" screen

Screen size doesn't matter. You still need all that backend game code to fit on an iPhone, which it can't.

The only way this works is if the iPhone app has some sort of auxiliary mini app to complement the main game OR the iPhone runs the full game via Cloud Gaming on an internet connection.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    honestly as a player will be holding judgement since i do not know what will be the full completed games since as game develpoment advance things may change but will be keeping watch
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    edited January 2023
    Alexciel wrote: »
    I just saw this:

snip

While is truth that a Sims game that can run on both mobile divices and consoles or computers may limit the things the game could do. A game that uses the mobile as a complementary tool instead may expand the game by making it more interactive and engaging.

What do you think?

Just make me much more worried that they will go down subscription route with a former google stadia like route, where most the game run from server cloud which require huge amount of bandwidth it would seem. I don't believe my internet connection is in the bad range, but my brother and myself once tried playing game together both being on stadia over the same connection, it was laggy and very unstable I don't think it in any way is a good idea. Add to that if it is indeed the case you'll spend countless amount of money on mobile data transfer payment if you're using it outside of home, if this going to be the case since most the game would run from the cloud server side then, so its more accessible on weaker machines. The bad part or trade of is how much of a big internet connection it will require to run well, also how unstable it gets when many are using same cloud the same time.

But guess until we know more of cause its too soon to say if it be very cloud based or traditionally run majority on the PC, console or mobile unit. But still hoping it will be the later and that mobile unit is not going to heavily impact the limitation for sims 5 because then I am not sure its going to be for me in that case.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Please don’t dumb down the game to allow it to run on phones. The sims games need enough processing power to make believable box sims and run an open world simulation.

However the ability to create/edit sims (cas) or create/edit lots which can then be transferred would be kind of nice. Just as long as these features don’t require the game to be always online.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
    I'm glad Grant Rodiek suggested that the phone experience would likely be a different one from the core PC experience. This is great news!