Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When Was The Last Time You [Vol. 2]

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Maybe 15 years ago.

Wwtlty had pit bbq?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited November 2022
    2 or 3 years ago

Wwtlty went on a plane
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    18 years ago.

WWTLTY saw a rainbow in the sky?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    A few days ago. It was a really bright one too and it had a faint double.

WWTLTY saw a moth or butterfly?
    It was in September I think, a warm day, out on a nature walk. Saw an enormous colorful butterfly or moth...simply huge wingspan and bright colors, on some grass and weeds at about eye level on a retaining wall. I was so amazed at how it was being still with wings spread so I could get a pic. Then noticed something. Its abdomin was huge. Never saw one so thick.

Content ⚠️ warning this is nature's awful cruelty:

On closer inspection I saw why it was being so still and had such an enormous abdomin. Its huge abdomin was heaving as if it were about go give birth to something. I thought for a second maybe it was about to lay eggs, but inthe same second realized that eggs don't move on their own, and that what I was witnessing was a creature clasping dried stalks of grass in broad daylight with large beautiful ourspread wings, because it couldn't move, as the parasitic wasp larvae injected into it previously were mature and eating their way out.

It reminded me horribly of the movie Alien and I couldn't watch further.

Yes, wasps are creature too and in nature, one life form's gain is often another's loss, but the details of how parasitic wasps reproduce is the stuff of nightmares and I couldn't help but feel like nature has no pity, only ruthless algorithmic efficiency, if such a grisly and painful way to die for such lovely creatures, has to be the routine manner of reproduction for these wasps.

If anyone wants to see the beauty of that butterfly or moth as a way of appreciating nature's splendor instead of its ugliness, I will share it.

WWTLTY saw something in nature you wished you had not?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    It was in September I think, a warm day, out on a nature walk. Saw an enormous colorful butterfly or moth...simply huge wingspan and bright colors, on some grass and weeds at about eye level on a retaining wall. I was so amazed at how it was being still with wings spread so I could get a pic. Then noticed something. Its abdomin was huge. Never saw one so thick.

Content ⚠️ warning this is nature's awful cruelty:

On closer inspection I saw why it was being so still and had such an enormous abdomin. Its huge abdomin was heaving as if it were about go give birth to something. I thought for a second maybe it was about to lay eggs, but inthe same second realized that eggs don't move on their own, and that what I was witnessing was a creature clasping dried stalks of grass in broad daylight with large beautiful ourspread wings, because it couldn't move, as the parasitic wasp larvae injected into it previously were mature and eating their way out.

It reminded me horribly of the movie Alien and I couldn't watch further.

Yes, wasps are creature too and in nature, one life form's gain is often another's loss, but the details of how parasitic wasps reproduce is the stuff of nightmares and I couldn't help but feel like nature has no pity, only ruthless algorithmic efficiency, if such a grisly and painful way to die for such lovely creatures, has to be the routine manner of reproduction for these wasps.

If anyone wants to see the beauty of that butterfly or moth as a way of appreciating nature's splendor instead of its ugliness, I will share it.

WWTLTY saw something in nature you wished you had not?

Yikes! I didn't know there were wasps that could do that. Poor moth.

Ooh yes, if you have a picture of the moth/butterfly please share!

I remember seeing a decomposing sheep's carcass on a moorland/heathland area once whilst on a walk on holiday. That wasn't pleasant It was so long ago though that I can't remember when.

WWTLTY saw something funny happening in nature?
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    Today! While not in real life I saw a video of how savage Magpies are. Those birbs want all the problems. :D

When was the last time you, had a 'you' day and did all thee things you wanted?
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    Honestly can't remember a day like that, but I consider what I am doing right now to be close: spending the weekend alone in a hotel room. The peace and quiet, the long hot bath, the king bed all to myself. Pretty nice even if the several-hour drive was grueling.

When was the last time someone asked after you or checked in with you?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,066 Member
    Yesterday evening. My dad and mom called to see how I was doing. They said they had been thinking about me a lot lately because they know I'm especially busy at work this time of the year.

When was the last time you were commuting in bad weather?
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Last winter trying to beat an ice storm.

WWTLTY had a grilled cheese sandwich?
    Probably about a month ago.

WWTLTY purchased jewelry?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    About 2 weeks ago (quietly, to myself). I have bronchitis at the moment so can't even sing quietly lol.

WWTLTY were poorly?
    edited December 2022
    Good question because I've been trying to save money and haven't done all that much to pamper myself for a while, but I am going to have my hair done after work today which is exciting. The last time was a couple months ago when I bought a pair of low cut boots. They do a wonderful job of supporting my feet and ankles while standing for long periods of time at work, and they look pretty nice too.

WWTLTY got a haircut?
    edited December 2022
    Luna15 wrote: »
    Hope you enjoyed having your hair done. I love having mine done and styled up ^^

I had my haircut two weeks ago. Went for a shorter style this time as it was getting very long and too much to manage.
    Thanks, yes, I did enjoy having my hair done. Both the cut and color turned out really well and I love how it looks.

Nice! Hopefully you're enjoying the shorter style. Back in the summer I went with a shoulder length hairstyle for the same reason. Prior to that my hair has been below my shoulders all of my life with the exception of one or maybe two times when I briefly had it shorter. Anyway, I had a couple inches trimmed off the other day because I've been enjoying having this medium length style so much.
    WWTLTY went Christmas caroling?
    I actually haven't ever been Christmas caroling, but have always liked the idea and thought it would be fun to do.

WWTLTY decorated a Christmas tree?
    Post edited by Kendrana on
    This week.

WWTLTY got together with relatives?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited December 2022
    How are you finding yours? It sounds like you're week pleased with how its been done.
    Yes, I'm really liking it a lot. It's a side parted medium bob hairstyle with layers. The picture below is more or less what it looks like when I have it have styled.
    2fb395423cb006bfe6cfdf61a3ba140a.jpg
    Of course it's not blonde, but otherwise it's the basically the same. You may have seen it already, but I was talking about the color I had done in this post.

Mine was always very long but I'm loving it shorter at the moment.

This is style I have.
    That's a really pretty hairstyle! I like the bangs a lot.

WWTLTY redecorated your room?
    A little over a year ago. It wasn't a total room makeover by any means, but I did rearrange everything and added a few items.

WWTLTY bought a piece of furniture?
    edited December 2022
    I'm glad you like it :) it sounds really pretty. New hairstyle is such an amazing transformation. I missed your other post, sorry, omg I love the colour! I might go for that next time. I haven't had a colour in ages, my hair is natural honey blonde ^^
    No need to worry. Just wanted to make sure you saw it since you had asked me what color I had done a while back. And thanks for the nice compliment!

WWTLTY put make up on?
    About 20 minutes ago. I just got done getting ready for work, which includes doing my hair and makeup.

WWTLTY watched a movie?
  • JayeMover_16JayeMover_16 Posts: 17 New Member
    Christmas Eve, I think, since Isle of Dogs was on TV during our Christmas Eve party.

WWTLTY had an allergic reaction of some kind?
  • GamerGirlSamGamerGirlSam Posts: 15 Member
    A couple of weeks ago. I was meeting up with some friends and wasn't wearing the appropriate jacket, unfortunately.

WWTLTY finished a book in one sitting?
    🌟 shine so brightly you can't tell the day from night 🌟

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top