Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 Miller Legacy 🛸

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,323 Member
    Yay! New chapter!

I'm happy to see that Luke's book is being read by humans now! Hopefully it will help improve the situation. Though I am concerned there may be some ramifications for Luke as a result of Serena letting slip that he is the author.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    Woop woop!
    Sounds about right, 'Get out of our land, but give us all your cool stuff' UHHH NOPE? Bye humans. and if the Sixamians won't give up then they'll just take it from them. Well hope they think it's worth it when the death rays turn them to jelly. XD And yet despite all that humans are doing Luke mentions in his books that they're still welcome. I imagine there are definitely humans who would take a genuine, non-dodgy interest in their culture. I really love Luke and I think he is one of my favourites in the legacy so far alongside the founder!

This is another reason I love Luke and his love for books and writing and knowledge- prejudiced people hate truthful knowledge. : P
    they/them or she/her
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Back and caught up!! :)
    Too bad the relative peace between New Sixam and the rest of Earth seems in jeprody
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 784 Member
    Thanks a lot for your comments!
    Luke really is a bit idealistic, he always hopes that by keeping the New Sixam's welcoming attitude at some point the humans will follow their line too. Who knows if he's right or not... For sure there will be a lot of other generations to address these points. :P
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.16 posted on the 14th of April 2024*
    Meanwhile, Chapter 4.14 is out! (link).

I admit that this chapter is shamefully short, but from the next scene onwards we will clearly move to Gen 5 and so I needed to close the chapter (as well as the generation) at that point. In the next few days I'm preparing a summary for generation 4, then get ready for Gen 5 (which could be one of my favourites out of the whole legacy)!
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.16 posted on the 14th of April 2024*
    Happy Winterfest and Happy Birthdays Millers!!
    Good ending for Gen 4. Looking forward to Gen 5!

Luke... I feel for you, buddy. I wouldn't want people coming up and asking for autographs all the time either. Bah! And when I was a little kid, people used to say that I was "3 going on 40". So I get it. :lol: Some of us are just born old.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    All caught up! And just before the start of Generation 5, I see :mrgreen:
    Luke and Misty are an interesting combination! I like how Luke’s initial annoyance at Misty constantly barging in on him gradually turned into affection, down to knowing exactly what she likes and how she eats her strawberries. They’re good for each other. And twins again! That’ll be a handful. Luke does seem to have an easier time in the world than his parents and grandparents before him so far. Let’s hope it lasts...

Oh that is so sad, to lose so many of the previous generation so quickly after each other 😢 it’s a shame the game does not have an option to lengthen just one life stage, like the previous one had (can’t remember if it was TS3 or TS2).

I love Nick’s hairstyle. Talk about fashionable 😁 perfect fit for Lyra! Oh geez, but they disagree on child wishes. That’s a deal-breaker no matter how perfect you are for each other. Awwww, going for a dog instead. I wonder if Nick picked up on Lyra’s thoughts regarding kids on his own, and that’s a compromise.

Crashed airplane? Foreign hybrid spies posing as army members? I wonder what’s up with that… oh darn, and they even outsmarted Misty! Oof, that talk with Serena and the information she gave them is troubling. Hating the people and wanting all that they have is a great combination for a hostile takeover. Or. Well. War. 😕
    YEEEESSSSS Luke’s book saves the day! And how fitting that it’s Serena who turns into the bridge between worlds. Fingers crossed that the borders will slowly open up again on both sides, and there will finally be some peace between humans and aliens. Heck, this is generation…. 3 of aliens who have been born on sim-world? Can you really call them aliens at this point, I wonder? 🤔
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited November 2022
    Thanks a lot for your comments!
    With generation 4 and the strong presence of the army I wondered quite often about whether I could start a real war between New Sixam and the other nations. However, in a Legacy played without cheats that seemed impossible to me, and it wouldn't have solved anything either. And then I'm quite of a peaceful person, so I would struggle quite a lot to write about so much violence. So I had to invent some other route to solve the plot in this generation...

Other nations mostly seemed to use the misconceptions and stereotypes about sixamians to justify quite aggressive plans, so to undermine those wrong beliefs among the general human population seemed like a good alternative. Now many humans will start to doubt what made them fear the sixamians, let's see when and how this will affect the Millers again...

It's also quite true that Luke's generation was a bit easier than the previous two. Apart from the fear of what the foreign nations could do, they lived quite normal lives with all comforts and no prejudices from the people surrounding them. Then, Venus, Cassy and the rest of their generation were born in this environment and don't really know the world outside New Sixam, who knows how this will affect their mindsets as well... Generation 5 will actually address their attitude towards "foreigners", but in a quite unexpected way, I would dare to say B)
    Post edited by HermioneSims on
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter time!
    Haha yeah Luke has always been an old soul, now he's just got an old body to match : P I'm really excited for gen 5! And the girls are all grown up. I was wary of Luke at first, worried he was being led astray by people online, but now I think he's one of my favourites so far : P
    they/them or she/her
    Ouf, finally I've managed to finish writing the summary of Generation 4. Luke is a very thoughtful heir, he's used to analyse events a lot, and so it took a lot of thinking to write this summary (which doesn't sum up well with a rough week at work).

Anyway, here is the summary! (link)

From the next chapter, I will pass to generation 5. Who knows what could be happening at that point?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Thanks for posting these generational summaries. They are really helpful for remembering the details from early in the generation or past generations. I think I will also do this for my story between seasons. You've inspired me!

This summary sounds exactly like Luke wrote it. :smiley: In fact, you do a wonderful job of making each character's narration sound distinct for their own personality. It's one of the things I really enjoy about this story. I also love how each generation grows up with a different view of the big picture. Just like in real life, the characters don't always know, understand, or appreciate what the generations before them went through. You do a beautiful job of showing that and using it as part of how your story develops.

I'm looking forward to Generation 5!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited November 2022
    Thanks @GlacierSnow !

When starting to post my legacy here I had already in mind a quite clear idea of how long the story would have been because in here I'm just translating the original legacy I started in Italian a few years ago (for my first attempt to Simlit in a foreign language, translating an existing story seemed more approachable than writing a new one from zero...)

Anyway, when posting generation 1 in here I already knew that this story would have surpassed the 200 chapters mark at some point, and I saw already that for my readers it was hard to keep track of what happened in the previous generations and so forth. So I decided to delimit more clearly each generation and add these summaries instead, I find the result much easier to follow this way. Also, I thought that it could have helped people to skip a whole generation (if they didn't like it) and give it a go to the next one without being completely lost.

I also really appreciate that you pointed out the different voices of the heirs, and their different viewpoints. It is something I care about quite a lot and, even if sometimes I get so used to the way of writing of a certain character that I struggle to switch to another tone, I always put some effort into this aspect. I'm also happy that it is still noticeable also when I write in English, because in this language my vocabulary is way more limited and this makes it harder for me to use different registers for each character. Luke was particularly hard to write in this sense because, so that he's a professional writer, I originally tried to write his diary by using very articulate vocabulary and syntax (which I'm just unable to reproduce convincingly in English). Then, of course, I also try to give them different opinions and ideas, and at least this part should be less affected by the translation...

However, fully switching to Venus and Cassy will be another quite strong change of viewpoint, they could actually be one of the generations showing the most evident change in the paradigm of the whole legacy...
    But now I should probably stop teasing about how much I like generation 5 and start posting it: don't worry, the first few chapters are almost ready, I will publish them in a few days :P
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Looking forward to Gen 5! Happy Simming
    The first chapter of generation 5 is out! (link)

It's time to follow the twins during their adventures in college, ready to live the atmosphere of the New Sixam youth? :P
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Gen 5!!!!
    So it seems Cassy is quite similar to Luke, in that she'd rather bury herself in her work and just kind of gets on with it, whereas it seems Venus is generally more up for a laugh and less study-focused. Here's hoping she can balance both exams, assignments AND football practice!
    they/them or she/her
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,848 Member
    @HermioneSims
    The twins are great! Luke has been my favorite so far, but Venus and Cassy are challenging his place now :)
    Excited for Gen 5! :smiley:

It's cool we're going to get to see Venus and Cassy at college for a bit. They both have such different personalities, it will be interesting to see how things turn out.

And you managed to get only aliens in all your campus screenshots! I'll bet that takes some work.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited November 2022
    Thanks a lot for your comments! And yes, it takes some work to put so many aliens around the neighbours... I admit using the MCCC mod for that, but so that aliens are basically only aesthetically different from regular sims I don't really consider that as a substantial cheat :P

Meanwhile, chapter 5.2 is out! (link )

It's time to enter the college spirit for real, what approach will Cassy and Venus have this time?
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,848 Member
    Yay Cassy and Venus, you're both doing great in two very different ways :)
    As for Steve, I never thought facial hair could look good on an alien, but he has changed my mind.
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Cassy and Venus are so different, and their personalities really shine here. I don’t know, Cas, Venus seems to be taking the party and sports part of her education very seriously 🤭 excited to see what kind of challenges these two will face!

Whoa, Venus seems like she’s taking on way too much at once. College students have a lot of energy, granted, but even that has its limits. I hope she doesn’t end up crashing hard further down the line. Beer pong! Or, well, juice pong. I have good memories of that game, ha. No college experience is complete without it 😂
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    I love that Cassy and Venus still seem pretty close despite being very different.

Venus, I tried to do everything like you are doing one semester and I really crashed and burned. I am worried for you.

Curious about this Steve guy. Seems like Cassy is making a new friend.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Thanks a lot for the comments on these first few chapters of gen 5!

I have to admit that my university experience was quite different from the US college-style experience shown in TS4 (no dorms, no uni sports, no pubs and beer pong at night... it was mostly lectures, books and exams, really), so it is quite funny to experience a different system.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    New chapter!
    So we have the workaholic and the person who...yeah is having a great time enjoying herself, but her studies may fall behind because of it. Never good being at either end of that spectrum! Still managed all A+s even with all those side things though, impressive!
    they/them or she/her

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top