Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Netz-à-porter – outfits ready to wear for your sims (no CC required)

Comments

• HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    I was taking a bit of a break from the Sims - which I like to do once in a while - but I'm glad I came back to pick up this very unique and halloween appropriate request from @HopeCrash. I did play The Sims back in the day, but I didn't have Makin' Magic, so this was a bit difficult for me to recreate. I looked at some pics on the net ... but I also have to end up with outfits that I would actually have my Sims wear so ... I did something and I like it, but I don't know if it's going to be up to the standards of someone who enjoyed Makin' Magic. :smile:

Focus: Makin' Magic inspiration

VS6G5uu.jpg
    #1 Hat: BG / Earrings: VG / Top: HSY / Bottom: GTW / Tights: BG / Shoes: BG
    #2 Hat: CL / Necklace: GTW / Top: Para / Rings: BG & WW / Skirt: IL / Shoes: BG
    #3 Necklace: WW / Top: ROM / Bottom: CL / Boots: Vamp
    #4 Necklace: GTW / Top: Para / Bracelets: FS & WW / Skirt: CL / Shoes: CL

beautiful as usual 😍 thank you very much!
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @HopeCrash Thank you for your kind words and your request. I had a lot of fun with it. I hope you keep on finding ideas & inspiration in this thread! :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    sure! im trying to make outfits myself and you give me inspiration and ideas (:
    now im into Y2K fashion. HSY comes with this juciy sweatsuit which im obsessed. so heres another ideas - Y2K styles (:
  • rednelleyrednelley Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Kellogg_J_Kellogg said:
    > #1 is giving off a strong Bob Fosse musical vibe there.

I was thinking Columbia from Rocky Horror, if she had red hair.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,027 Member
    How about wedding outfits without using MWS? Or perhaps a bit more untraditional items?
    I would also love ideas for trend setters.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!

Thanks for the requests, I will look into those. I do think the 'trend setters' idea is interesting. Trends change all the time, after all. So what I thought I'd do - or what I felt inspired to do - was to put together a little lookbook of what is trending IRL right now (at least in my neck of the woods). Chelsea boots (and boots in general), patterns, country/rustic elements, shades of brown. And accessorizing is always important. That's not a trend, just a fact of life. :D

Focus: Fall/Winter Trends

VfEMesT.jpg
    #1 Hat: BG / Necklace: Para / Top: EL / Skirt: HY / Tights: BG / Socks: BG / Boots: BG
    #2 Earrings: DHD / Top: IA / Bracelet: GTW / Bottom: ROM / Boots: C&D
    #3 Hat: BG / Necklace: GTW / Top: TL / Bottom: DHD / Boots: BG
    #4 Earrings: CoL / Top: CoL / Bottom: BN / Boots: OR
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    @Netzspannung I like your fall/winter trends for the girls. Would you mind adding some stuff for the guys?
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Thank you for the outfits. I like # 2 best. The TL clothes are just perfect for the fall season.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    edited November 2022
    @Netzspannung

Is your avatar on the Gallery?
    I think I would like her as a Style Influencer in my game so my Photographer and Models can have her as a consultant.
    The game play gets repetitive and it would be nice to see another face. :) I will be using your collection for my models, so it all just makes sense.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

@CK213 That sounds like a really fun idea! The Sim in my avatar is Janette Dubois and she is on the gallery: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A2F00DB951B211E7809B66564816A8D8
    I created her back then to play the culinery career, so that's what her bio says. But I uploaded her unskilled, I believe, so I guess that doesn't matter. But fair warning: Janette has been on the gallery since before the hot/cold weather update, so those are going to be a mess. :D
    I do have two Sims on my gallery who are already skilled in the Style Influencer career though. They might make better townies and both have at least two outfits in each category.

Blu Baylee (one of my favourite Sims of all time) is a Level 10 Trend Setter: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4332AD5A12B811E98918ADD8C8E84D99
    EXje5Tc.jpg

Sean Silk is Level 9 Stylist: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/15D85289BAE011E98014EE73E09EC7C9
    Vhidjht.jpg

Hope you find a Sim that can keep up with your models. :smile:

we all try ...
    @CK213 That sounds like a really fun idea! The Sim in my avatar is Janette Dubois and she is on the gallery: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A2F00DB951B211E7809B66564816A8D8

Thanks! :)
    She has consulted the Who's Who of Newcrest and is already networking.
    11-10-22_12-43-20_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-10-22_12-47-44_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-10-22_12-49-56_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-10-22_12-51-50_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-10-22_12-54-29_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I don't have the hair from your avatar though.
    Is that CC, or from a pack I don't have?
    @CK213 The hairstyle she is wearing in my profile picture is from the Eco Lifestyle Pack. Glad to see that Janette was able to make the career change, those can be tough. :D

we all try ...
    @CK213 The hairstyle she is wearing in my profile picture is from the Eco Lifestyle Pack. Glad to see that Janette was able to make the career change, those can be tough. :D

Thanks again. :)
    The seasonal outfit that she came with wasn't horrifying.
    Maybe I should take it as a sign to get her a cat.
    11-10-22_1-45-15_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    @CK213 I love cats, so that would totally make sense. :)

we all try ...
  • rednelleyrednelley Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm glad you're still updating this thread! I use it as a primary resource for inspo when I make new Sims.

I found the request for Y2K fashion intriguing and had a bit of time today to look into it. The easy way to go is colorful eye makeup, lipgloss, hoop earrings and any top+bottom combination that looks like a colorful track suit. I tried to find some not so obvious combos while still putting together some outfits I'd enjoy seeing on my Sims today. I think even beyond Y2K, these would make nice outfits for the 'Party' category. Thanks for the request @HopeCrash and let's get gaudy - in style! :)

Focus: Y2K fashion

GhFji7b.jpg
    #1 Piercing: DU / Necklace: HY / Top: GF / Bottom: HY / Boots: DU
    #2 Hat: TF / Earring: CL / Necklace: MC / Top: HY / Bottom: HY / Boots: WW
    #3 Earrings: BG / Glasses: MH / Bracelet: FS / Top: MC / Skirt: HY / Boots: LD
    #4 Necklace: GT / Bracelet: CL / Rings: BG / Top: HY / Bottom: BG / Shoes: BG

we all try ...
    edited November 2022
    You are the best! Very good idea to use the new dropout hair - it’s reminds me TS2 which was released in 2004 (: Very Y2K indeed!
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    I have been struggling to come up with the kind of look I want so I’m coming to the Sims Style Guru @Netzspannung
    Could you help me with some middle aged outfits? My sims are adults and their oldest is about to age to young adult so I’d like to change up their style. Any ideas at all would be appreciated.
    edited December 2022
    @LolaLuvsSims Sims Style Guru, ha! I like it. :D I would love to help give your Sims a makeover, but it would be really great if I could see them. Can you post a pic or have you perhaps posted pics somewhere on the forum? Or are they on the gallery?

we all try ...

@LolaLuvsSims thanks for the pictures, which I assume were of the parents. It did help somewhat. Since I don't know anything else about them, I just went by what I think would look good on them. If you find the lookbooks below helpful, I'm happy to come up with another one for the YA, but would be good to know if they're male or female.

For the adults I created one everyday outfit that looks a bit more professional and one for a casual setting. Overall I went with colors that are not too flashy and the outfits are a bit more conservative than what I would pick for younger Sims, but I think they're still fashionable.

SxJkTgN.jpg
    #1 Earrings: BG / Glasses: EL / Top: C&D / Bottom: TL / Shoes: BG
    #2 Earrings: BG / Glasses: EL / Watch: BG / Top: DU / Bottom: NK / Shoes: WW
    #3 Earrings: GT / Necklace: GF / Watch: VG / Top: Vamp / Skirt: VG / Shoes: BG
    #4 Earrings: TL / Necklace: BG / Top: SE / Bottom: IA / Shoes: BG
    #5 Earrings: BG / Glasses: MC / Top: BG / Bottom: IL / Sandals: SD
    #6 Hat: BG / Glasses: EL / Top: SE / Bottom: BG / Shoes: C&D

3sREMAc.jpg
    #1 Top: CK / Watch: BG / Bottom: BG / Shoes: VG
    #2 Top: C&D / Watch: BG / Bottom: GT / Shoes: MC
    #3 Full body: CL / Watch: BG / Socks: BG / Shoes: MWS
    #4 Top: BG / Bottom: GF / Shoes: BG
    #5 Glasses: BG / Top: TL / Watch: BG / Bottom: C&D / Shoes: GT
    #6 Hat: BG / Top: CoL / Bottom: SV / Shoes: OR

we all try ...
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    @Netzspannung i absolutely love these looks. I can’t wait to open up my game and update my Sims. You are absolutely fabulous.

The young adult kind of took a turn for the worse personality wise so I moved her out and I’m focusing on her teenage sister. I dressed both girls using looks that you’ve created.

I took a break, but I am back for the cute CAS in the new expansion. So far I only had time to look into females, but I'll add some for male Sims in the next couple of days. And perhaps other age groups, we'll see.

Focus: Growing Together

1DIPANe.jpg
    #1 Earrings: BG / Bracelet: SEA / Top: GrT / Bottom: GrT / Sneakers: WW
    #2 Earrings: BG / Bracelet: SEA / Top: GrT / Bottom: GrT / Sandals: EL
    #3 Earrings: MC / Top: GrT / Bottom: BG / Shoes: BG
    #4 Bracelet: BG / Top: GrT / Skirt: GrT / Socks: GTW / Boots: DU
    #5 Glasses: BG / Earrings: BG / Bracelet: GTW / Top: GrT / Bottom: BG / Shoes: BG
    #6 Glasses: MH / Necklace: Para / Rings: ALL OF THEM / Top: GrT / Jeans: DHD / Shoes: LD
    #7 Earrings: ROM / Necklace: BG / Bracelet: GTW / Top: GrT / Skirt: Para / Sandals: Spooky
    #8 Earrings: GF / Bracelet: BG / Top: GrT / Bottom: BG / Shoes: LP

we all try ...
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    You are amazing! Always happy to who you’ve created

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top