Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

cannot access some threads

_Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
edited November 2022 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Alright, so the issue is this: I go to a thread, I can post on it normally. Then when I come back a day or so later, it starts asking me for "form resubmission" to view it. And then it does this:
qSfKXMd.png

I already lost access to one thread this way, wrote a message to someone about it. No answer. Now I got it on another thread too. Its getting really frustrating. Please, someone, help me. :(

Eta: forgot to delete my "pinned" top bar from the screenshot. Meh.

Comments

• EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,310 EA Community Manager
    Well that is super odd.

I've flagged this on our side with the forum provider. I'll let you know when I get more information to share :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @EA_Cade
    Oh thank you so much! I had this thread as a pinned tab before it happened, in case that is important. OwO (I also may have had a VPN active, on accident.) >.>
    No worries. As far as I'm aware VPN shouldn't block you unless you're in a region that doesn't allow access to our sites and services by default.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    Oh, awesome. My real region is fine and the VPN would have shown France so that shouldnt be it. :D
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    edited November 2022
    I have seen this when trying to view a post by a banned member.
    I have seen this when trying to view a post by a banned member.

That's unrelated, this error is apparently tied to draft messages that haven't been sent being formatted incorrectly, which breaks the page for your account.

Our forum host is investigating now and are trying to clear the issue on their side.
    @mightysprite Heheh, I give you, I have been kinda worried at first myself, couldn't help but feel nervous about getting myself kicked out even though I do trust that someone would have told me what I was doing wrong first.

But oh, that is super helpful to know already @EA_Cade thank you! Yeah... saving drafts (and otherwise leaving a post hanging to be finished later) does happen a lot on my side, at least where storytelling posts are involved. ;D
    Hey all,

While this is being looked into on the forum host side we have a temporary fix should you run into this in the meantime:

As a workaround, they recommended that you access your drafts page and then press the X on the right hand side that appears when you mouse over the draft for the respective thread you can't access.