The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever lost your saved games?

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Yes

I lost my TS2 savegame once a long time ago since that day I did a lot of backups for TS2, TS3 and TS4.

• HyawehHyaweh Posts: 36 Member
    No
    No never. I do some backups time to time and especially before updates but since now I've never lost any save.
    Sorry for my English, I'm French.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    No
    Thought I'd jinxed myself by answering when my game shut down a couple minutes ago. Forgot to plug in my laptop charger. 😄 Good thing I was just on the home page.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,625 Member
    Yes
    I lost my first Myst save when my computer died. I had a backup, but it wasn’t a recent one. When I got a new computer, instead of using the backup and replaying a whole lot of my game, I just rebooted the world and picked up the story where the first save left off. That also gave me the opportunity to clean up some things I had wanted to work on anyway. I did cheat in skills and relationships to get them back to pre-crash levels. I save more often, now.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes I have, not only my saves, but my tray file, pics, and Mods/CC!

Essentially it was 100% user error.

• StreicherStreicher Posts: 31 Member
    No
    Thankfully no but I haven't been playing for that long, just less than 2 years
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I have accidentally deleted saves that I was still going to eventually play. RIP my deleted sims.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm a cofounder of the writers lounge. lets put it this way i hold the record for most startovers due to game issues no one over there will ever beat it. according to my best friend here in the community.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Yes
    Tes, had to learn the hard way to either take the time to make a backup, or be prepared to be stoic about losses.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    No
    Nope! Ive only got my two main saves, but Ive gotten them backed up and I save over them about a couple times a month. Which reminds me! Better save over them while Im thinking of it.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    I have my save on a usb flash drive so it's not possible lose it I put in way to much work to risk losing it
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Yes
    For my Sims 2, I lost quite a few saves, I had to restart it because it got glitched, or got a new computer, so I had to restart it more than once.
    For Sims 3, never lost a save file, unless I purposely deleted it for whatever reason. I had more than once save file, but with the one-household limit, it want to remake some families.
    For Sims 4, I accidentally saved over one of my save files, which wasn't my intention. I still have the Sims that I used, so I can just recreate it when I want to. Before that, I started playing the game, hated how it was turning out, so I deleted all the save files and Sims I created, and started from scratch.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,836 Member
    Yes
    Neighborhoods would just get corrupted in TS2 and there wasn't anything I could do about it except start all over.
    Doesn't happen in 4 thankfully.