Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I hope they are able to find the leak this time and put a stop to it. This could be really bad news!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Already? Maybe we'll see some new pics.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited November 2022
    Well... this is not good at all... D:
    Seems like the joker made a swift move...
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2022
    If I understand the article correctly, they were able to get access to the game without connecting to the EA servers and without needing access tokens. It doesn't say anything if they were able to get any source code.

Regardless, it's pretty sad that EA/Maxis invited people to try out the game early and people abused it, I guess it could be seen as a reminder that they have to be very careful when doing their playtesting but it's still sad.

Another reason why multiplayer in the sims is not a good idea. People are cracking games and using trainers for games like multiplayer games all the time and resources have to be spent to prevent it.

• simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited November 2022
    hackers have also shown gameplay of them playing on Peer 2 Peer servers without ever needing to contact EA servers

What is the takeaway of this sentence?

That one owner of Sims 5 (Rene) can set up a server and allow friends who don't own the game to join in on multiplayer games? Or is this just about how the hackers were able to access the playtest?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    This is why we can't have nice things..... *sigh*

Thanks to these hackers, we may very well see the shutdown of Project Rene's early access, invite playtesting, and/or any other community participation until further notice.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    This is why we can't have nice things..... *sigh*

Thanks to these hackers, we may very well see the shutdown of Project Rene's early access, invite playtesting, and/or any other community participation until further notice.
    Makes no difference to me they seem to only pick the "elite" like game changers to have any impact on this game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2022
    telemwill wrote: »
    This could be really bad news!

It's better now than discovering it with the final product.

Maxis can think about the security part without rushing.

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I think they should make development of Sims 5 completely public and let the players decide what features they want (e.g. Open world, apartments, etc.)
    a256aFi.gif
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    The issue with that is that we all want different things. A single pack isn't such a big deal. But to create an entire game according to "the community" could get ugly really fast.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I think they should make development of Sims 5 completely public and let the players decide what features they want (e.g. Open world, apartments, etc.)

Smaller games do it all the time, and I've got some games that have been in "early access" for six years or more. So, why should The Sims be any different? I think it could have a very positive effect on the finished product.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2022
    cody6268 wrote: »

Smaller games do it all the time, and I've got some games that have been in "early access" for six years or more. So, why should The Sims be any different? I think it could have a very positive effect on the finished product.

But Sims games aren't small. They're huge and complex.

Besides, there's no need for EA/Maxis to consult with the community further. We've been telling them what we like, and don't like, for years. If they don't have an understanding by now, early access can't help them.

In a way, TS4 has been low-key early access all along. The base game was incomplete and feature-poor. Nine years later, some of us are still waiting for the game to reach the level of playability and fun that the earlier games had by year four. I'm not keen on giving EA/Maxis an official excuse to be subpar.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Big leak of images of the demo town just dropped. Unclear what the policy is so I’m not going to post images here
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,311 EA Community Manager
    Big leak of images of the demo town just dropped. Unclear what the policy is so I’m not going to post images here

Sharing leaked images of the playtest here is a no go. That playtest was under NDA due to its extremely early (pre-pre-pre-Alpha) development cycle and shouldn't be construed as representative of anything close to the final product.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Wow this is horrible. They are trying to share with the community and things like this happen. Then players complain when EA keeps everything on radio silent lock down and beg for transparency. It's understandable why they can't be as transparent as they would probably like to be. 😒
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

The fact that a play tester or a hacker shared this classified information is not what infuriates me the most.
    It is the content creators that praised and advertised it. Content creators that would throw an absolute tantrum if THEIR content, THEIR property was shared by others without their consent. Everyone on every single social media platform would know about the injustice done to these people:

”BURN THE WRONGDOER!!! MAKE THEIR LIFES MISERABLE!”

But when it’s related to “The Great Evil EA” it is somehow A-OK.

“Oh but I didn’t sign the NDA, I’m just the messenger. Don’t shoot me.”
    Oh sure, Ye absolute clown.

It is obvious that these so-called “content creators” would do anything to keep their 10000+ followers entertained, even with things they’d hate to be “the victim” of. They’re absolute hypocrites. The whole lot of them. I have very little respect for them as creators. I don’t find them one bit interesting.

Grumpy auld man rant done. Let me return to my lonely hut.

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Not surprising at all.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Not surprising at all.

Why do you say that?
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Not surprising at all.

Why do you say that?

I think its because EA always has leaks? I wasn't shocked either honestly when I heard about it. lol
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    The issue with that is that we all want different things. A single pack isn't such a big deal. But to create an entire game according to "the community" could get ugly really fast.

They did that with Sims 4 apparently and it looks like all the extremely young people were heard most, remember the no babies debacle and no swimming pools?
    edited December 2022
    The fact that a play tester or a hacker shared this classified information is not what infuriates me the most.
    It is the content creators that praised and advertised it. Content creators that would throw an absolute tantrum if THEIR content, THEIR property was shared by others without their consent. Everyone on every single social media platform would know about the injustice done to these people:

”BURN THE WRONGDOER!!! MAKE THEIR LIFES MISERABLE!”

But when it’s related to “The Great Evil EA” it is somehow A-OK.

“Oh but I didn’t sign the NDA, I’m just the messenger. Don’t shoot me.”
    Oh sure, Ye absolute clown.

It is obvious that these so-called “content creators” would do anything to keep their 10000+ followers entertained, even with things they’d hate to be “the victim” of. They’re absolute hypocrites. The whole lot of them. I have very little respect for them as creators. I don’t find them one bit interesting.

Grumpy auld man rant done. Let me return to my lonely hut.

I create, I've had a rant about what they are calling the next Sims game, I don't give a toss if people share my garbage. I'm also an auld wummin. There is no way to stop this and what gets me is EA's shock and disbelief when it happens all the time to them, they put security measures onto our PC's (sims 2 Securom which was breaking our PC's with two disk drives), make us play via their origin app, yet they can't protect their own property and dish it out willingly, obviously to the wrong people. In my opinion, this is free advertising, I'm wide awake.
    Free advertising innit. Gets it shared all over and everyone talking about it. How many times has this happened? LOL
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Free advertising innit. Gets it shared all over and everyone talking about it. How many times has this happened? LOL

Nothing about this is free advertising.This leaking development and test play .That should not been leak
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I am also cynical enough not to believe it's all shock and horror at so-called leaks. It's all publicity and gets everyone afire about it and interested in it. It's well known that there's no such thing as bad publicity.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Another reason why multiplayer in the sims is not a good idea. People are cracking games and using trainers for games like multiplayer games all the time and resources have to be spent to prevent it.

This is and has always been my main concern about multiplayer games--the always on the internet play, if there is a compromise, it will be shared and it will be leveraged by every-chan person out there, even if only for the lulz. For those who want to play multiplayer games, I'm happy for them, but I will not be buying TS5 if it is requires always being online for solo-play. It's not worth the risk of investing all the time and energy I do building my own sims world just to have some skript-kiddie h4xx0r come along and godzilla all over it.

That said, the leak looks like they are going the direction of TS3, so I'm worried about everything being a rabbit hole. I hope they combine both TS2 and TS3 (TS2 OFB + Sim Looks/Personalities + full customisation of world maps + AND TS3 everything else)