Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Fish eyes no question. I loathe arachnids and eating any of them in any manner would be dreadful, but a large squash one, fried? No way. More fish eyes, please. I would pretend they were caviar.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    What's the best place to watch the leaves change color where you live? Share a pic if you could!! :)

Me:
    4ea.jpg

Anywhere in my neighborhood, really. Lots of photogenic spots.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Fish eyes no question. I loathe arachnids and eating any of them in any manner would be dreadful, but a large squash one, fried? No way. More fish eyes, please. I would pretend they were caviar.

Hahah, unfortunately the texture of fish eyes isn't really like caviar. 😂 And the size too.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Happy November!
    Today's Q Q is:
    Who here has started their Christmas shopping??? 😂😂😂

Not me. Thank God I don't really celebrate it. Maybe I'll buy a gift for myself like always tho. 😁
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay that's lovely. What are you getting yourself? :D I haven't started Christmas shopping yet but I will soon, maybe mid November. My daughter is still very young so she's easy to buy you but my hubby is a right pain. He never wants anything, or rather he never says what he wants so it's all guess work on my side. I'll try to do my shopping online, town gets way too busy and loud this time of year for my liking.

I usually just get myself a McDonald's meal. 😂 I feel like I already spent on a couple of items and still waiting for them to arrive, so these items will be like my advance Christmas presents, I guess. 😬 I bought myself a pair of IEMs and a Thornhill (band) long sleeve shirt. :D

Oooh, having someone who doesn't want anything is so hard tho. My mom is like that too and then complains (playfully) when I don't get her any presents. Sometimes she just asks me to give her money. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,654 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Not me. Thank God I don't really celebrate it. Maybe I'll buy a gift for myself like always tho. 😁

I usually don't start doing any serious shopping until the first week of December. I don't do anything that requires going into a store after the week before Thanksgiving here in the States. If I were to start early this year and I needed to go to a store it would have to be this week or next. After that it's all online. I have mixed feelings about crowds anyway and the way people behave while Christmad shopping its a hard no.😲

• WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Been gradually building a stash of gifts throughout the year and am now almost done. Have several family birthdays in winter as well as Xmas so I find it useful to prepare in advance. Sometimes if I see something on my travels I think would make a good pressie early in the year I'll get it and put it away.

This year's gift shopping has been quite exciting because I've had babies to buy gifts for for the first time ever. (A relative's, that is, not mine).
    edited November 2022
    Today's Q Q is:

Just a thought I had in the shower just now... What is everyone's fav burger?

I usually get a fish burger if it's a place that I've never been to before. My all time fav so far is the Buttermilk Crispy Chicken burger from McDonald's tho. I think about it weekly. XD I think it's one of those burgers that actually look like how it's advertised. And of course the taste is just amayyyzing. Not me still trying to replicate the burger bun but still can't figure it out.

XjLhKQa.png

⬇️ How it looks in the ads/displays:
    McDonalds-feat-14-Dec-2021.jpg
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Haven't shopped for Xmas yet m, still have a birthday to gift for.

My favorite burger, since I'm constrained on what I can have, is one with hot jalapeños and homegrown tomatoes, thick onion slices and mayo. And if I can have everything, it should be a bison burger, cooked over flame. I would say cheese, but it is wasted on a burger bc I can't really taste it with all the other toppings so I save cheese for a when it can be the center of attention.

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

[/

I don’t eat a lot of fast food, but in that category it’s either the Butter Burger at Culver’s or the Cheddar Burger at Steak ‘N Shake, which, last time I checked, was no longer on the menu.

In my town we have a lot of local farm to table restaurants that compete for best burger once a year during a “Burger Week” event. Those are some good hamburgers.

But my favorite is homemade, grilled on a charcoal grill with paprika seasoning, and served with the works. And steak fries. And an ice cold Coke.
    edited November 2022
    Haven't shopped for Xmas yet m, still have a birthday to gift for.

My favorite burger, since I'm constrained on what I can have, is one with hot jalapeños and homegrown tomatoes, thick onion slices and mayo. And if I can have everything, it should be a bison burger, cooked over flame. I would say cheese, but it is wasted on a burger bc I can't really taste it with all the other toppings so I save cheese for a when it can be the center of attention.
    cyncie wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

[/

I don’t eat a lot of fast food, but in that category it’s either the Butter Burger at Culver’s or the Cheddar Burger at Steak ‘N Shake, which, last time I checked, was no longer on the menu.

In my town we have a lot of local farm to table restaurants that compete for best burger once a year during a “Burger Week” event. Those are some good hamburgers.

But my favorite is homemade, grilled on a charcoal grill with paprika seasoning, and served with the works. And steak fries. And an ice cold Coke.

Wow, y'all like some hot stuff on your burgers. XD

I just ate some zoodles for lunch break and I think my mom put a tiny bit of cajun powder on it and the insides of my nose were melting. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
    @DeKay Have you tried the McDonald's McRib? To me it looks way better in ads in relation to how well it actually tastes.
    edited November 2022
    DeKay Have you tried the McDonald's McRib? To me it looks way better in ads in relation to how well it actually tastes.

We don't have a McRib specifically since it's pork and not suitable for Muslims here. But I googled and people are saying our Prosperity burger (that they have every Chinese New Year time) is a similar version of the McRib.

prosperity-burger-2-4.jpg

I don't really like it so much tho probably cuz of the sauce. 😂 And also I'm not a huge fan of beef burgers. I just feel like the burger patties don't make me feel full enough. I have a big appetite. 🙈 I believe they have a chicken version of this too but the chicken patty is also kinda thin.

Also speaking of McDonald's, ours recently has a bagel breakfast burger and I'm gonna try them this Friday. :P I usually dislike bagels tho or maybe I've never actually had a good bagel. I always see people making a big hoohaa over bagels but they're kinda mediocre to me... Is it just me? 😅 Anyone here loves bagels?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited November 2022
    Yes! Am a big fan of bagels, especially cinnamon and raisin ones. 😋 In fact, I had quite a nice one the other day in town which was a plain bagel with bacon and egg.

Regarding favourite burgers, I like a well done beef with cheese, small amount of ketchup and a bit of salad (not that keen on those giant tomatoes though and no mayonnaise. I don't like smothering my food with so much sauce that I can't actually taste the solids). Any cheese is fine but I especially like blue cheese with a burger.

If making one at home, I'd choose a really crusty bread roll to put it in. Although, all this talk of burgers and bagels has made me realise I've never actually tried a combination of the two...
    Today's Q Q is:

I love to experiment with toppings. When I'm in a burger mood I get fresh patties from the grocery store meat department and play around with toppings. I love a fried egg and a couple strips of bacon with some garlic aioli. I do like to add spice to my burgers and I change up how I do that. Sometimes it's a spicy dry rub, other times its fresh jalapeños that I've lightly sautéed. Occasionally I'll mix a little hot sauce in with the aioli.

Eating at a chain restaurant, for me there's nothing better than Whataburger. It's a toss up between the bacon cheeseburger and the jalapeño cheeseburger. Red Robin's Whiskey River BBQ burger is a good second choice. We have a couple of local places that do unique burgers with a wide range of fresh and creative additions to make them a little bit gourmet. I don't eat there often because I prefer to make my own burger creations.

edited November 2022
    Scarlox wrote: »
    Sounds amazing @DaniRose2143 . You sound creative in the kitchen. Last time I used hot sauce on my homemade burgers nearly burnt my mouth off lol 🤣😂
    I'm not great at cooking so generally will go out for food if my husband isn't around to cook for me.

I like to think I'm creative and I do love to experiment. To me recipes are just a starting point. Sometimes I stick strictly to what it says, other times I add a bit or two to put my spin on it. I've always loved spicy food and my tolerance is way higher than most people so I have to be careful if I'm making something that I'm going to be sharing.
    DeKay Have you tried the McDonald's McRib? To me it looks way better in ads in relation to how well it actually tastes.

We don't have a McRib specifically since it's pork and not suitable for Muslims here. But I googled and people are saying our Prosperity burger (that they have every Chinese New Year time) is a similar version of the McRib.

I don't really like it so much tho probably cuz of the sauce. 😂 And also I'm not a huge fan of beef burgers. I just feel like the burger patties don't make me feel full enough. I have a big appetite. 🙈 I believe they have a chicken version of this too but the chicken patty is also kinda thin.

Also speaking of McDonald's, ours recently has a bagel breakfast burger and I'm gonna try them this Friday. :P I usually dislike bagels tho or maybe I've never actually had a good bagel. I always see people making a big hoohaa over bagels but they're kinda mediocre to me... Is it just me? 😅 Anyone here loves bagels?

I agree with your take on bagels: who wants to eat 50 to 60 grams of carbs in the form of white flour, for something that's just a huge ball of bland chewy bread?! If imma overeat on refined carbs to that extreme, at least give me a nice croissant (or three, to reach that many grams of carbs!) Or lovely real Danish.

There was a bagel I tried once that was different, but it was the size of what they call mini bagels now, and it was a lot thinner in the bread part, and it had a texture so dense and chewy that it was a lot like an authentic German sourdough pretzel. The kind that gives your teeth and jaws a workout but is very satisfying and has a more complex taste than just the bland kinda tough white bread that those gigantic US mainstream bagels have.

If I am going to eat such a massive amount of white flour in one sitting, it better be something divine, like great Belgian waffles, pain au chocolate, or something like that.

Completely unrelated but about food: I am going on a trip out of state this weekend for training, and there's a pit BBQ place in walking distance to my accommodations.

And I'm dying inside because I called ahead and the chef told me I could get fall-apart tender all-day pit smoked meat without sauce...but not without the dry rub. And I'm allergic to an ingredient in the dry rub.
    😭

On the bright side, there's an Asian market and a Starbucks nearby, so I could hole up in my room taking up the entire king bed, having gourmet treats and a movie marathon.

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg

I agree with your take on bagels: who wants to eat 50 to 60 grams of carbs in the form of white flour, for something that's just a huge ball of bland chewy bread?! If imma overeat on refined carbs to that extreme, at least give me a nice croissant (or three, to reach that many grams of carbs!) Or lovely real Danish.

There was a bagel I tried once that was different, but it was the size of what they call mini bagels now, and it was a lot thinner in the bread part, and it had a texture so dense and chewy that it was a lot like an authentic German sourdough pretzel. The kind that gives your teeth and jaws a workout but is very satisfying and has a more complex taste than just the bland kinda tough white bread that those gigantic US mainstream bagels have.

If I am going to eat such a massive amount of white flour in one sitting, it better be something divine, like great Belgian waffles, pain au chocolate, or something like that.

Completely unrelated but about food: I am going on a trip out of state this weekend for training, and there's a pit BBQ place in walking distance to my accommodations.

And I'm dying inside because I called ahead and the chef told me I could get fall-apart tender all-day pit smoked meat without sauce...but not without the dry rub. And I'm allergic to an ingredient in the dry rub.
    😭

On the bright side, there's an Asian market and a Starbucks nearby, so I could hole up in my room taking up the entire king bed, having gourmet treats and a movie marathon.

Ahhh, I so want to bake a Danish soon!! 😍😍 Still haven't had one yet.

That's good to know that at least your have the Asian market and Starbucks near the training place! I know your much it stinks to not be able to eat somewhere due to allergies or restrictions. I remember I was at an awards event one time but the food they served was not halal so I had to just sit there with the food in front of me the whole night and since it was at dinner time, I basically didn't eat dinner that day. Went home starving and went to bed. 😭😭 But I just looked at it like I was doing intermittent fasting. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top