Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Being Mean

Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
I hate this. Why are all my sims being mean to each other when they don't have the mean trait? They are destroying their relationships. I want a big happy family, but now I just get hurt feelings all around. I play for hours normally, but lately I'm in maybe 10 minutes and I get upset with EVERYONE being mean that I quit. In the past once in a while you would come across a mean sim, fine. But the last few weeks its been everyone. Please fix this, something is very wrong here.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,695 Member
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    @Behappy1st If you're not opposed to mods, someone has a mod to fix this. Unfortunately I can't remember who and I don't have it because I own Snowy Escape, which not having that EP is linked to the bug. Maybe someone else knows or you could find it by Googling.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    cyncie wrote: »

I went there and it said this discussion has been closed.
  • Options
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,695 Member
    edited November 2022
    @Behappy1st If you're not opposed to mods, someone has a mod to fix this. Unfortunately I can't remember who and I don't have it because I own Snowy Escape, which not having that EP is linked to the bug. Maybe someone else knows or you could find it by Googling.

If you use MCCC you can turn off autonomous mean interactions in the mod settings. That’s what I did.
  • Options
    Yes, I did that too. I just thought if behappy1st doesn't use mods, a complicated mod like MCCC wouldn't be the place to start. :smile: A simpler mod that disables something that's causing them distress might be a better option.
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,738 Member
    Here is a link to a small mod (mean socials fix) which should fix the issue: https://kuttoe.itch.io/mini-mods-bug-fixes
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,978 Member
    It's a bug related to the new loyal trait, though it affects all sims.
    They seem to be considering it a high priority bug, here's the latest I've seen

• Options
    Dark_BokenshaDark_Bokensha Posts: 39 Member
    I do hope that they fix the bug, it's so annoying to have to worry about my Sim randomly being rude to people (especially her wife and kid), usually when I'm unable to cancel it, or an NPC is the one being mean (despite not having the mean trait) I use the reset object cheat.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    For those interested, my conversationtweak greatly helps with this bug, esp. the modules lessrandomfriendly, lessrandommean simpletopics_more and preferencecategorytweak
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,427 Member
    edited November 2022

Aaahh, thanks for the info! I couldn't understand why I absolutely don't have this bug. I had missed the exception with Snowy Escape.
  • Options

Aaahh, thanks for the info! I couldn't understand why I absolutely don't have this bug. I had missed the exception with Snowy Escape.
    You're welcome. I had missed it too until very recently. Since I have SE, I was then reassured enough to go ahead and update my game. I also used MCCC tuner to cut out autonomous mean interactions, but I was afraid that the bug could somehow supersede it. I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to my sims LOL.
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • Options

I don't use mods. I'm not good with computers and I wouldn't know how or even remember to take them out with an update.
  • Options
    Also a couple of people said not having Snowy Escape was part of the problem. That's not the case for me. I have every pack except the Beat The Dust Kit.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,978 Member
    edited November 2022
    Interesting. You might consider posting on the Answers HQ thread and mention that you have Snowy Escape and are experiencing the problem anyway. (Be sure to list the packs you have and the mods you are using, and whether you also have the problem without mods, that will help with troubleshooting)
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Also a couple of people said not having Snowy Escape was part of the problem. That's not the case for me. I have every pack except the Beat The Dust Kit.

I do also have Snowy Escape and did experience the issue without mods. I also heard of other players who own Snowy Escape and got the issue regardless.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,028 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Behappy1st wrote: »

I do also have Snowy Escape and did experience the issue without mods. I also heard of other players who own Snowy Escape and got the issue regardless.

I have all the packs and I haven't seen my sims engage in mean socials, but I have seen the number of bad relationships in their panels growing. So far everything is still rosy between all my main cast of sims. The bad relationships are confined to random townies and characters that aren't involved in the main story other than to be background filler.

I haven't gone and looked for a mod yet to stop it but I probably should before my luck runs out.
  • Options
    Interesting. You might consider posting on the Answers HQ thread and mention that you have Snowy Escape and are experiencing the problem anyway. (Be sure to list the packs you have and the mods you are using, and whether you also have the problem without mods, that will help with troubleshooting)

I don't use mods and never have. I'm just vanilla.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    I don't any other expansion packs besides the base game, and holiday pack for my PC.
    I have two Sims with the loyal trait, and they are constantly having mean interactions, when none of them have any negative traits.
    I constantly have to cancel the mean interactions, and make them apologize to each other constantly as well.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    This is literally the worst bug from recent past years, topping even the infamous cooking bug. Even more because it affects something core to The Sims: relationships.

I'm really sad this end of year with the bundle "new wants" & mean interactions. :|
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,389 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

Please utilize Answers HQ for bugs and technical issues. You can find the thread for this specific issue here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top